User Tag List

View Poll Results: What Type is Anakin Skywalker?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISFP

    14 42.42%
  • INFP

    3 9.09%
  • ENFP

    5 15.15%
  • ENTJ

    4 12.12%
  • other

    7 21.21%
First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 81

  1. #41
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    What? No consideration of 6 as a possibility?
    I don't see anything 6 about him. what makes you think 6?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  2. #42
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    What? No consideration of 6 as a possibility?
    No.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  3. #43
    Secret Sex Freak Hazashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Wow, has it really been over a year since I posted in this thread? Damn.

    I've been thinking; could Anakin really be a cp sx 6? I've heard how those with Borderline Personality Disorder would be categorized as sx 6's (not that all sx 6's have BPD), and Anakin certainly has BPD, so logically is would only make sense for him to be cp6.

    Granted he's certainly not 4 dominant as I originally thought (I was totally wrong on that), and for the longest time since then I've typed him ISFP 8w7. But know I have to wonder if he's actually 6w7 instead, which would make his full tritype cp6w7 > 8w7 > 4w3 sx/sp.

    Thoughts anyone?

    In addition, I'm beginning to think that he may be ESFP; his Ni visions seem like the kind of for-sight that you would see from an Se-dom; relying on dreams and premonitions as a source of anticipating future events or ideals. Also, if he's 8, then he might not be (according to some) Fi dom.
    I was thinking the same thing. He's either an 8 or a counterphobic 6, and he's definitely Sx-dominant. I considered typing him 6w7 on my Star Wars typing list.

    By the way, I still would like to see your typings.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

    Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

    "Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

    Tatiana ♥

  4. #44
    Secret Sex Freak Hazashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I don't see anything 6 about him. what makes you think 6?
    Actually, he expresses a lot of 6-like behavior. Particularly his inner turmoil on whether or not he should stay loyal to Sidious or Obi-Wan and the Jedi. Plus, he values loyalty immensely.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

    Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

    "Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

    Tatiana ♥

  5. #45
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Actually, he expresses a lot of 6-like behavior. Particularly his inner turmoil on whether or not he should stay loyal to Sidious or Obi-Wan and the Jedi. Plus, he values loyalty immensely.
    good point, this is why I think he is 6 fixed, but not core 6. I'd say he's 8w7-2w3-6w7 Sx/Sp
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  6. #46
    Secret Sex Freak Hazashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    good point, this is why I think he is 6 fixed, but not core 6. I'd say he's 8w7-2w3-6w7 Sx/Sp
    I think he may be 6w7 second. He may want to look like a good guy a lot, which would indicate 2, but 6's do this, too (like me, sort of). It's just the motivations are different. For 2, the motivation is to be admired and loved, while 6s do it so that they can mask their insecurity. I truly think his arrogance (at least before he becomes Darth Vader in the third film) is fake, like he tries to act like he's all that to try to prove to himself that he isn't insecure and doesn't need help, which he is and does.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

    Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

    "Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

    Tatiana ♥

  7. #47
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    I think he may be 6w7 second.
    possibly

    He may want to look like a good guy a lot, which would indicate 2, but 6's do this, too (like me, sort of).
    It's just the motivations are different. For 2, the motivation is to be admired and loved, while 6s do it so that they can mask their insecurity.
    he doesn't care or try to look like the good guy. he looks like the good guy because he is an Sx dom NFP (he's also good looking, that helps)

    I truly think his arrogance (at least before he becomes Darth Vader in the third film) is fake, like he tries to act like he's all that to try to prove to himself that he isn't insecure and doesn't need help, which he is and does.
    I don't think his arrogance is fake at all. he is very powerful and already had a high opinion of himself from the get go, augmented by his self centered nature and sense of grandiosity.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  8. #48
    Secret Sex Freak Hazashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    good point, this is why I think he is 6 fixed, but not core 6. I'd say he's 8w7-2w3-6w7 Sx/Sp
    Actually, you know what... he may even be core 6. After thinking it over some, it seems clear that he has an enormous hero complex which is very 6-ish, wouldn't you say? Wouldn't an 8 just want to make sure he could take care of himself and be powerful? Well, Anakin took it further than just that. He did it because he was very loyal to those he loved (the reason why he isn't a stereotypical hero who saves "the world" is because he is So-last). Remember how ashamed of himself he was when he couldn't save his mother? I don't know if an 8 would beat himself up like that. Not to mention, he had guilt for killing the Tusken Raiders because, not only did he violate his own value code (at the time), he went against the Jedi Way. He was loyal to the Jedi at the time, and he was upset that he let himself be disloyal like that (I'm not sure an 8 would do that either). And not only that, but he also felt like he needed to protect and save everyone. That was why he was attracted to power -- to save those who he loved. He felt like he let down his mother, so he didn't want to let anyone else down that he cared about.

    Another reason why he could be 6 core is because he was easily influenced by Sidious. I would imagine an 8 would either see through him, or, if he didn't at first, once he found out who he really was, he would stick to his guns and just kill him on the spot. And, not only was he close to Sidious, he had been manipulated by him since the time he was the innocent age of 9 in Episode I. Yet, when he saw what he thought Mace Windu was betraying Sidious, he took some time to make a decision on who he would side with, and he felt guilty about it after for a few moments. One of the biggest reasons why he become so close to Sidious though is because he bathed him in compliments, and the Jedi treated him like shit (except for Obi-Wan on a few occasions, although he was still a hard-nose with the whole ISTJ "Oh, you're just a young apprentice, you don't know anything yet" thing). He liked that external validation that he really was special, because he felt like he was faulty. He went to Sidious for this reassurance that he desired. I also think that, after he joined the Dark Side, he wanted to get rid of his old Anakin personality, because he felt like he was too weak. Thus, he became more cold, detached Darth Vader.

    On top of that, he hated being betrayed. He felt like he was being betrayed by the Jedi, so he turned against them.

    Unless you can think of reasons why he could still be an 8 with that, I say he is a core 6.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

    Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

    "Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

    Tatiana ♥

  9. #49
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Actually, you know what... he may even be core 6. After thinking it over some, it seems clear that he has an enormous hero complex which is very 6-ish, wouldn't you say?
    he has a hero complex because he's an NFP

    Wouldn't an 8 just want to make sure he could take care of himself and be powerful? Well, Anakin took it further than just that. He did it because he was very loyal to those he loved (the reason why he isn't a stereotypical hero who saves "the world" is because he is So-last).
    That's Self Preservation 8s. Sexual 8s are the Protectors of the Enneagram. Anakin doesn't care much about the world at large (So last) but he cares a great deal for his woman and close companions like a Sexual 8.

    Remember how ashamed of himself he was wouldn't he couldn't save his mother? I don't know if an 8 would beat himself up like that.
    every 8 I know is hard on themselves when they are not powerful enough to accomplish their ends, they just usually don't verbalize it as much as he does

    Not to mention, he had guilt for killing the Tusken Raiders because, not only did he violate his own value code (at the time), he went against the Jedi Way. He was loyal to the Jedi at the time, and he was upset that he let himself be disloyal like that (I'm not sure an 8 would do that either).
    an 8 who was an FP and conditioned to accept the Jedi Way would. the instinctual incongruence he feels inside between his lusty, Id desires (8 and wing 7) and the Jedi Way is obvious and would not be so blatantly pleasant in a core superego type like a 6

    And not only that, be he also felt like he needed to protect and save everyone.
    like a sexual 8

    That was why he was attracted to power -- to save those who he loved. He felt like he let down his mother, so he didn't want to let anyone else down that he cared about.
    no, the main reason he was attracted to power was for power in and of itself, especially as he becomes more and more fixated.

    Another reason why he could be 6 core is because he was easily influenced by Sidious. I would imagine an 8 would either see through him, or, if he didn't at first, once he found out who he really was, he would stick to his guns and just kill him on the spot. And, not only was he close to Sidious, he had been manipulated by him since the time he was the innocent age of 9 in Episode I. Yet, when he saw what he thought Mace Windu was betraying Sidious, he took some time to make a decision on who he would side with, and he felt guilty about after for a few moments. One of the biggest reasons why he become so close to Sidious though is because he bathed him in compliments, and the Jedi treated him like shit (except for Obi-Wan on a few occasions, although he was still a hard-nose with the whole ISTJ "Oh, you're just a young apprentice, you don't know anything yet" thing). He liked that external validation that he really was special, because he felt like he was faulty. He went to Sidious for this reassurance that he desired. I also think that, after he joined the Dark Side, he wanted to get rid of his old Anakin personality, because he felt like he was too weak. Thus, he became more cold, detached Darth Vader.
    you make a good case with this point, but even so, 8s want respect, they demand respect so if you give them respect, they're likely to like you, and, in the case of a more naive, sensitive, intimate 8, may even allow you manipulate them if you are really good at playing your cards. still, his behavior in this instance was not typically 8-ish at all

    On top of that, he hated being betrayed. He felt like he was being betrayed by the Jedi, so he turned against them.
    like an 8.

    Unless you can think of reasons why he could still be an 8 with that, I say he is a core 6.
    I can think of several, which are stated above
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  10. #50
    Secret Sex Freak Hazashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    he has a hero complex because he's an NFP
    Being xNFP does NOT make you have a hero complex. It depends on what your values are as an Fi-type. He was a 6, so he valued loyalty and being a savior of sorts. An xNFP 1 would value moral integrity and righteousness (he wasn't like this; Luke was more like this), an xNFP 2 would value being particularly helpful, loving, and altruistic (though Anakin is like this, and I would make a case for him being a 2 who disintegrated into 8 before 8 itself), an xNFP 3 would value competitiveness, ambition, and making good impressions, an xNFP 4 would value individuality, self-awareness, being unique, etc, etc. I would imagine an 8 would value being self-sufficient and assertive, and would like others to do the same (my INFP 8 older sister is like this a lot).

    That's Self Preservation 8s. Sexual 8s are the Protectors of the Enneagram. Anakin doesn't care much about the world at large (So last) but he cares a great deal for his woman and close companions like a Sexual 8.
    This is not exclusive to Sexual 8s. 6s (especially counterphobic Sexual 6s) also do this very much. They are loyal to those they love, and want to do as much as possible for them. An 8 would often leave people to their own devices.


    every 8 I know is hard on themselves when they are not powerful enough to accomplish their ends, they just usually don't verbalize it as much as he does
    But he's almost always hard on himself. I don't think you understand that his arrogance isn't genuine (which, you aren't the only one, as the Prequel Trilogy isn't exactly the best written piece of film there is). He's hard on himself for saving his mother and not being loyal to the Jedi. Remember when during the scene when he was confessing his murders to Padme, he said, in tears, "I'm a Jedi. I know I'm better than this." An 8 would not admit his faults like that.

    an 8 who was an FP and conditioned to accept the Jedi Way would. the instinctual incongruence he feels inside between his lusty, Id desires (8 and wing 7) and the Jedi Way is obvious and would not be so blatantly pleasant in a core superego type like a 6
    It would if he was a Sx-dominant, which he was. He's EXTREMELY emotional. Besides, don't most 8s give way their emotions to the effective side of things, because wouldn't they see them as problems? He seems to be fueled by emotions.

    like a sexual 8
    Also like a 6 who was bent on being loyal to those he loved.

    no, the main reason he was attracted to power was for power in and of itself, especially as he becomes more and more fixated.
    No. Again, you don't understand Anakin quite enough. He wanted power because he wanted to save those he loved (particularly Padme).

    you make a good case with this point, but even so, 8s want respect, they demand respect so if you give them respect, they're likely to like you, and, in the case of a more naive, sensitive, intimate 8, may even allow you manipulate them if you are really good at playing your cards. still, his behavior in this instance was not typically 8-ish at all
    Exactly. At the first few signs of manipulation, an 8 would sense that and detest it. He did not do that.

    like an 8.
    And like 6s. A 6s worst fear is to be betrayed or abandoned, while an 8s worst fear is to become weak.

    I can think of several, which are stated above
    Oh, don't forget how extremely reactive he is. An 8 would be cold and calculating, as you put, remember?

    Look how similar he is with the lower levels of 6:

    Average Levels
    Level 4: Start investing their time and energy into whatever they believe will be safe and stable. Organizing and structuring, they look to alliances and authorities for security and continuity. Constantly vigilant, anticipating problems.

    Level 5: To resist having more demands made on them, they react against others passive-aggressively. Become evasive, indecisive, cautious, procrastinating, and ambivalent. Are highly reactive, anxious, and negative, giving contradictory, "mixed signals." Internal confusion makes them react unpredictably.

    Level 6: To compensate for insecurities, they become sarcastic and belligerent, blaming others for their problems, taking a tough stance toward "outsiders." Highly reactive and defensive, dividing people into friends and enemies, while looking for threats to their own security. Authoritarian while fearful of authority, highly suspicious, yet, conspiratorial, and fear-instilling to silence their own fears.
    Think of when he had said, "It's all Obi-Wan's fault! He's jealous; he's holding me back!"

    Unhealthy Levels
    Level 7: Fearing that they have ruined their security, they become panicky, volatile, and self-disparaging with acute inferiority feelings. Seeing themselves as defenseless, they seek out a stronger authority or belief to resolve all problems. Highly divisive, disparaging and berating others

    Level 8: Feeling persecuted, that others are "out to get them," they lash-out and act irrationally, bringing about what they fear. Fanaticism, violence.

    Level 9: Hysterical, and seeking to escape punishment, they become self-destructive and suicidal. Alcoholism, drug overdoses, "skid row," self-abasing behavior. Generally corresponds to the Passive-Aggressive and Paranoid personality disorders.
    While he doesn't have an inferiority complex, he does have insecurity, even though it isn't as vivid as it makes it out to be at Level 7.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

    Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

    "Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

    Tatiana ♥

Similar Threads

  1. The Conflict over Anakin's Personality Type Ends Here and Now
    By Mal12345 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 01-23-2017, 01:58 PM
  2. Anakin Diagnosed Professionally
    By Mal12345 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-20-2012, 11:19 AM
  3. Jake Lloyd (Young Anakin)
    By Mal12345 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-16-2012, 08:29 PM
  4. Mistyping Luke Skywalker and Harry Potter
    By nightwatcher in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 10:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO