User Tag List

View Poll Results: What Type is Anakin Skywalker?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISFP

    14 42.42%
  • INFP

    3 9.09%
  • ENFP

    5 15.15%
  • ENTJ

    4 12.12%
  • other

    7 21.21%
First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 81

  1. #31
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I think you're all going to be disappointed when I tell you that I see all three Anakin Skywalkers as ENTJ.
    I can see the expertise with robotics and the desire to compete when young.
    I can see the driven behavior and self-confidence as a teenager.
    I can see his desire for control and dominance as an adult.
    Really, am I the only one? Sigh...
    Yes, I think so.

    All those traits you describe can belong to other types.
    It's about motivation and expressions of motivation.
    Sorry.

    I think one thing that would help would be if you got a full range of experience with human beings in day-to-day life.
    That sort of experience was an eye-opener for me; it helped me recognize type as a holistic self, not just as an abstracted list of character traits, and I could begin to recognize when people were "similar."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Originally posted by Elfboy
    1.I still disagree
    - he totally cares about being a strong leader,
    - 4s main motivation is self expression, Anakin's isn't
    - 3s main motivation is admiration from others. Anakin doesn't care about this at all
    Anakin want appreciation froms his peers and to be a respected member of the Jedi counsel, when he doesn't get that he resent the Jdei counsel entirely. He's jeaslous at Obi-Wan for not being accepted and praised, he lives off his emotions and almost nothing else. That goes beyond just Fi, that is if anything a pure indicator of 4 gone out of control.

    - 8s and 3s are ambitious, but for different reasons. there are more ambitious 3s, but the most ambitious people (billionaires) are almost all 8s and 5s
    - Anakin is possessive as hell like unhealthy sexual 8s
    - wanting to be a strong leader is more of a social 8 thing. Sexual 8s like Anakin do a little bit, but generally they'd much rather just do their thing and take care of their spouse and kids
    Since when are 5's more mabitous than 3's? I don't see why his ambition is more 8 than 3 or 4. Also, possesivness could be attributed to any enneagram type, so I'd be skeptical about labeling a pure 8 quality. And I see no social varient in Anakin, social varients are freindly and complient, Anakin is the opposite of that, he's selfish and hostile, thus sp/sx (I say sp first because aside from Padme, he really only cares about himself).

    - Anakin's stress is 5. 2 is growth, not his stress. when we see Anakin at his happiest, he's warm, affectionate and taking care of Padme making sure she is alright. at his worst he's 5-ish as hell.
    I don't see how Anakin's stress is 5 at all; 5's are the analytical observer types, Anakin never seems to use his brain ever.

    Originally posted by Athenian200
    I think you're all going to be disappointed when I tell you that I see all three Anakin Skywalkers as ENTJ.

    I can see the expertise with robotics and the desire to compete when young.

    I can see the driven behavior and self-confidence as a teenager.

    I can see his desire for control and dominance as an adult.

    Really, am I the only one? Sigh...

    It seems like the story of an ENTJ going from a healthy state to madness.

    Luke is clearly xNFP, on the other hand.
    Actually, Vader I could see as an ENTJ, what with all the ruthless Te and even his "Join me Luke, and together we can overthrow the emperor and rule the galaxy as father and son!" sounds like it could potentially be Ni, with his true feeling that are buried deep inside of him as his inferior Fi.

    Little Anakin, I dunno, since his character was nothing more than 'perfect little angel boy who is annoying', ENTJ could be possible.

    Teenage Anakin, doubt it; never once do I see him use Te or T at all in any proficiently logical manner. He's far too governed by his emotions to be inferior Fi.

  3. #33
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    All those traits you describe can belong to other types.
    It's about motivation and expressions of motivation.
    Sorry.
    Of course they can belong to other types. But in this case, I happen to think that they belong to an ENTJ.

    I don't think that his motivations are incompatible with that. Perhaps I expressed it poorly by pointing to behavior traits, but there was actually more behind my typing than just that. At the very least, I feel that Lucas was trying to express his own idea of an ENTJ, flawed though it might have been.

    I could certainly see a bit of Ni vision and Te skill in the sort of decisions he made early on as a child... he seemed to focus on the future implications of things, and took skilled action to have an impact on them. All the horrendous things that happened in his fall? Inferior Fi driven by Te. And it should be obvious how Vader is stereotypically Te-Ni in the later movies.


    I think one thing that would help would be if you got a full range of experience with human beings in day-to-day life.
    That sort of experience was an eye-opener for me; it helped me recognize type as a holistic self, not just as an abstracted list of character traits, and I could begin to recognize when people were "similar."
    All this stuff about holistic self, from the girl who typed ALL three of Darth Vader's characters as different types, and called Lucas a hack?

    If you're not going to look for the personality threads that connect Anakin from one story to the next... of course you're not going to see them. Lucas might not have written characters that were totally realistic and consistent according to your experiences, but that doesn't mean that he isn't a good writer. It just means he hasn't studied psychology (or at least MBTI) as extensively as you, and doesn't know that it's unrealistic.

    Ha. But I can't disagree with your general point. Though I think the subject of my lack of interaction with people is off-topic, I have to agree that it would help me. But to be honest with you, if I got to interact with human beings enough in day-to-day life, I'd probably be so happy I wouldn't care about type that much anymore. The reason I started studying it in the first place was in order to give me some kind of guideline about how to accommodate different kinds of people, and thus interact with them more. What you're telling me is frustrating, basically that there are no shortcuts, and I have to learn EVERYTHING through experience. It was a waste of time to even learn it, then. I could have just gone out and gotten experience with people instead of studying type, and I'd probably have a better understanding from that than I do now.

  4. #34
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Anakin want appreciation froms his peers and to be a respected member of the Jedi counsel, when he doesn't get that he resent the Jdei counsel entirely. He's jeaslous at Obi-Wan for not being accepted and praised, he lives off his emotions and almost nothing else. That goes beyond just Fi, that is if anything a pure indicator of 4 gone out of control.



    Since when are 5's more mabitous than 3's? I don't see why his ambition is more 8 than 3 or 4. Also, possesivness could be attributed to any enneagram type, so I'd be skeptical about labeling a pure 8 quality. And I see no social varient in Anakin, social varients are freindly and complient, Anakin is the opposite of that, he's selfish and hostile, thus sp/sx (I say sp first because aside from Padme, he really only cares about himself).



    I don't see how Anakin's stress is 5 at all; 5's are the analytical observer types, Anakin never seems to use his brain ever.



    Actually, Vader I could see as an ENTJ, what with all the ruthless Te and even his "Join me Luke, and together we can overthrow the emperor and rule the galaxy as father and son!" sounds like it could potentially be Ni, with his true feeling that are buried deep inside of him as his inferior Fi.

    Little Anakin, I dunno, since his character was nothing more than 'perfect little angel boy who is annoying', ENTJ could be possible.

    Teenage Anakin, doubt it; never once do I see him use Te or T at all in any proficiently logical manner. He's far too governed by his emotions to be inferior Fi.
    the distinction must be made between appreciation and respect. wanting respect is common in all types, especially 8s. other types want it, but 8s demand it (8s feel that they are constantly needed to check people who are disrespecting them). appreciation is praise for your accomplishments and feedback from your peers, respect merely requires that people accept the way you do things and let you do your thing without interuption (you can see this is very important for an 8) Anakin displays no desire to fit in or be appreciated. anakin makes it clear from the get go that he is not just going to be another model goody 2 shoes jedi. what he does display is a plee for guidance that the Jedi basically respond with "oh, you're not supposed to feel that, stop feeling that". he really just wants them to make him a jedi master so that they can stop barking orders at him. although he does have the moodiness of a 4, the types of emotions he has are the difference. with the exception of his feelings for Padme, Anakin's feelings come primarily from his gut and instincts like those of an 8. he goes not his instincts much more than his instincts. trust me, if you study a few examples of type 4s, you will see that they are nothing like Anakin

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Originally posted by Elfboy
    the distinction must be made between appreciation and respect. wanting respect is common in all types, especially 8s. other types want it, but 8s demand it (8s feel that they are constantly needed to check people who are disrespecting them). appreciation is praise for your accomplishments and feedback from your peers, respect merely requires that people accept the way you do things and let you do your thing without interuption (you can see this is very important for an 8) Anakin displays no desire to fit in or be appreciated. anakin makes it clear from the get go that he is not just going to be another model goody 2 shoes jedi. what he does display is a plee for guidance that the Jedi basically respond with "oh, you're not supposed to feel that, stop feeling that". he really just wants them to make him a jedi master so that they can stop barking orders at him. although he does have the moodiness of a 4, the types of emotions he has are the difference. with the exception of his feelings for Padme, Anakin's feelings come primarily from his gut and instincts like those of an 8. he goes not his instincts much more than his instincts. trust me, if you study a few examples of type 4s, you will see that they are nothing like Anakin
    Actually, maybe instead of one enneagram type, 8 and 4 are part of his tri-type.

    In which case Anakin would be 4w3 - 8w9 - 5w6, not neccessarily in that order.

  6. #36
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Actually, maybe instead of one enneagram type, 8 and 4 are part of his tri-type.

    In which case Anakin would be 4w3 - 8w9 - 5w6, not neccessarily in that order.
    I'm fairly certain type 8 is first, but yes I would agree. his tritype is probably 8-4-7 or 8-4-5.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Originally posted by Elfboy
    I'm fairly certain type 8 is first, but yes I would agree. his tritype is probably 8-4-7 or 8-4-5.
    I stil think it's 4-8-5 or 7; does anyone else have any opinion as to what Anakin's first enneagram is?

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Wow, has it really been over a year since I posted in this thread? Damn.

    I've been thinking; could Anakin really be a cp sx 6? I've heard how those with Borderline Personality Disorder would be categorized as sx 6's (not that all sx 6's have BPD), and Anakin certainly has BPD, so logically is would only make sense for him to be cp6.

    Granted he's certainly not 4 dominant as I originally thought (I was totally wrong on that), and for the longest time since then I've typed him ISFP 8w7. But know I have to wonder if he's actually 6w7 instead, which would make his full tritype cp6w7 > 8w7 > 4w3 sx/sp.

    Thoughts anyone?

    In addition, I'm beginning to think that he may be ESFP; his Ni visions seem like the kind of for-sight that you would see from an Se-dom; relying on dreams and premonitions as a source of anticipating future events or ideals. Also, if he's 8, then he might not be (according to some) Fi dom.

  9. #39
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    ENFP 8w7 Sx/Sp.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    ENFP 8w7 Sx/Sp.
    What? No consideration of 6 as a possibility?

Similar Threads

  1. The Conflict over Anakin's Personality Type Ends Here and Now
    By Mal12345 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 01-23-2017, 01:58 PM
  2. Anakin Diagnosed Professionally
    By Mal12345 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-20-2012, 11:19 AM
  3. Jake Lloyd (Young Anakin)
    By Mal12345 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-16-2012, 08:29 PM
  4. Mistyping Luke Skywalker and Harry Potter
    By nightwatcher in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 10:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO