User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: criminals

Default criminals

Hi, I'm new here and I can't quite figure out where to put this question, but I'll try it here.

I am curious to know if there seems to be any correlation between types of crimes committed and the MBTI types of the perptrators. I know that not all killers or burglars or vandals, for example, will all be of the same type as others who commit the same crime, but I wonder if there are certain crimes that are more often committed by certain types, or certain types that are more likely to commit certain crimes.

I'm especially curious to know what type some serial killers are--Ted Bundy, for example, or any others whose types may be known/reasonably guessed. But I'd like info regarding the relationship (if there is any) between any type of crime and MBTI type.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I was actually watching A&E Biography on YouTube about the following serial killers/mass murders just the other day, and here are my estimated guesses:

Ted Bundy: ENTP
    John Wayne Gacy: ENFJ
    Jeffrey Dahmer: ESTP
    Ed Gein: INFP
    Charles Manson: ENFP
    Last edited by The Ü™; 03-12-2008 at 06:56 PM.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by jnick1972 View Post
    Hi, I'm new here and I can't quite figure out where to put this question, but I'll try it here.

I am curious to know if there seems to be any correlation between types of crimes committed and the MBTI types of the perptrators. I know that not all killers or burglars or vandals, for example, will all be of the same type as others who commit the same crime, but I wonder if there are certain crimes that are more often committed by certain types, or certain types that are more likely to commit certain crimes.

I'm especially curious to know what type some serial killers are--Ted Bundy, for example, or any others whose types may be known/reasonably guessed. But I'd like info regarding the relationship (if there is any) between any type of crime and MBTI type.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Something to add to the mix.. a serial killer is probably psychologically very unhealthy, right? So.. "normal" doesn't apply. Secondly, if they are unhealthy they may well be overwhelmed by the shadow... so the crimes may be committed in a way that reflects the opposite to their "top level" type.

MBTI
    ENFP

My father has been a criminal for most of his life. He's an INFP. He's extremely soft-spoken, sensitive, quiet, and gentle. He was born into a difficult life, and he does what he does because of revenge. "Me against the world" kind of thing. As immature as it is, he's not a bad person, just a lost soul.

Criminals are judged, so much, not because of the clothes they wear or what race you are, but because of what they do immediately giving off the notion that they're bad people, selfish and don't care about anyone else. Many criminals are actually nice people deep underneath, they are just misguided and lost and can't find any other way but to do what they do. They're still a child inside, crying for help. It's the same with bullies at school. They pick on others so the bully can feel powerful to hide their insecurities away.

I think when people think of criminals, they usually think of T types.
    You'd be surprised...

Criminals aren't bad people, they're just ill.
    Last edited by deep rain; 03-12-2008 at 07:00 PM.

MBTI
    ISTx

Was just thinking about this topic today and wanted to make a thread. Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by deep rain View Post
    Criminals aren't bad people, they're just ill.
    How are you defining "bad." If you're hurting or cheating someone else, you're a bad person, regardless of if you still have an "innocent child deep inside."

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    How are you defining "bad." If you're hurting or cheating someone else, you're a bad person, regardless of if you still have an "innocent child deep inside."
    I'm not talking about criminals being an "innocent child deep inside".
    I don't believe bad people exist, they're just sick.
    Last edited by deep rain; 03-14-2008 at 01:21 PM.

MBTI
    ISTx

Well then how do you define bad? Some people are fulfilled by the pain and suffering of others. You call it sick, I call it sick and bad.

tomato/tamahto

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Stimulus: Response

Think of it like a biological transaction.

Criminality isn't always for the sick. Desperation can reduce sensitivity to higher ethical obligation.

Certainly certain crimes are far worse than others and transient external negativity isn't always to blame.

Yet, for the lesser "evils", context can often add clarity to motivation.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

p.s. About what my dad exactly does, I'm keeping it personal.
    Sorry... you're wrong. Even "sick" people can know what they're doing is "wrong" and choose it anyway... that's called "bad."

MBTI
    ENFP

Sick as in ill.

I define bad as a person committing acts that are wrong. It's the things they do that are bad. It's not the person that's bad, they are just sick.

I'm not here to argue, and I'm not 'wrong' - this is just my own opinion.