• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

criminals

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can somehow picture an INTJ methodically killing in a serial fashion... INFJ would go and take out all of the people who hurt them in the past

it would probably take an EST/FJ to kill thier spouse and thier lover if they caught them together in thier bed! :rofl1:

an ISFJ would probably just slip poison into your tea.... ;)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
seriousness is the bane of my existance :ninja:

me? I'd probably take someone out in a fun manner if I were going to do it! :whistling:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*whatever wonders how many school shooters were probably xxFJs*

:thinking:

and I'd probably off someone with whatever was handy at the moment I decided that they needed to go- you know- choke them on a chicken bone, or drop them off of a ferris wheel.... it would depend

:ninja: I'd probably regret it later as well :laugh:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
an ISFJ would probably just slip poison into your tea.... ;)
This immediately made me think of Arsenic and Old Lace. :wubbie:

I think with an ISFJ, it would be either with the tea or they would let you crap on them for forty years then one day they would just snap and stab you 78 times with a soup spoon because you were slurping.

MerkW

In that case, which would you say is more "evil", the F or T?

Personally, I say neither. It all depends. And to be rather frank, I do not believe evil truly exists. It is a human invention.

But, if you are interested (though you might already know this), based off what I said, the T criminals would be more evil, according to at least the Catholic church (please, any devout Catholics on the forum, correct me if I am wrong). Apparently, those who commit crimes of passion are supposedly less evil because they were compelled to commit the crime by sporadic human instinct (in this case, irrational emotions). Yet, those who commit calculated, planned, and "passionless" crimes, are the most evil of all (as indicated, according to certain works of literature, by Cassius and Brutus being at the very bottom of Hell, one in each hand of the devil himself). But again, these are Catholic opinions, not mine. I thought it would be apt to post these factoids.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This immediately made me think of Arsenic and Old Lace. :wubbie:

I think with an ISFJ, it would be either with the tea or they would let you crap on them for forty years then one day they would just snap and stab you 78 times with a soup spoon because you were slurping.

I can TOTALLY see that happening! :rofl1:

:ninja: which makes me glad that my parents adore one another- I'd hate to wander home and find out that my mom had stabbed my dad with a soup spoon! :cry: (he does slurp the soup :) )

deep rain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Personally, I say neither. It all depends. And to be rather frank, I do not believe evil truly exists. It is a human invention.

But, if you are interested (though you might already know this), based off what I said, the T criminals would be more evil, according to at least the Catholic church (please, any devout Catholics on the forum, correct me if I am wrong). Apparently, those who commit crimes of passion are supposedly less evil because they were compelled to commit the crime by sporadic human instinct (in this case, irrational emotions). Yet, those who commit calculated, planned, and "passionless" crimes, are the most evil of all (as indicated, according to certain works of literature, by Cassius and Brutus being at the very bottom of Hell, one in each hand of the devil himself). But again, these are Catholic opinions, not mine. I thought it would be apt to post these factoids.

Good post.

There was a talk about this a long time ago on another forum, and they came down to NFJs being the most "evil" - being driven by their feelings, they may believe that what they're doing is the right thing. At least an NTJ would be aware that what he's doing is evil.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I can TOTALLY see that happening! :rofl1:

:ninja: which makes me glad that my parents adore one another- I'd hate to wander home and find out that my mom had stabbed my dad with a soup spoon! :cry: (he does slurp the soup :) )

Heehee. I was thinking of my sister-in-law, whom I adore and her husband, my intense little terrier of a younger brother. :whistling:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can somehow picture an INTJ methodically killing in a serial fashion... INFJ would go and take out all of the people who hurt them in the past.

I think Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold were likely INTJs.

John Doe from Se7en was probably an INFJ.

Richard Ramirez is likely an ENFP -- a very paranoid serial killer. Maybe David Berkowitz, too. Both were Satan worshipers, as well, at least during their killings.

However, David Berkowitz is now something far worse -- he's an ordained Christian minister! :horor:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not sure about Eric, but Dylan seemed more philosophical, definitely an NT.
I always felt INTP for Dylan.

Well, I don't know who had what brains, but the way everything was planned seemed very Ni dominant -- their original plan was much more ambitious and fanciful to the point of being unrealistic.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I'd wager Eric as an ESTP and Dylan as INFP.

Eric was believed to be a malignant sociopath with occasional psychotic episodes, whereas Dylan is thought to have suffered from a depressive disorder(s).

deep rain

MBTI Type
ENFP
their original plan was much more ambitious and fanciful to the point of being unrealistic.

That could also pass for a psychotic fantasy - Fe.
Who knows for sure what their types were, I just always felt INTP for Dylan.

jnick1972

Thank you to everyone responded to my questions, and to everyone who offered other insights into the criminal mind as well. I'm truly amazed, and thankful, for all the responses here so far. I wish I could have jumped into the convo earlier, but alas, my time is limited in the afternoons.

I see there were some concerns because some commenters were deviating a bit from the original questions I posed on this thread. I don't mind at all--I'm fascinated by all aspects of the criminal mind and I was very interested in reading people's opinions. As for whether there can exist in the human mind an inherent badness, or evil, I haven't decided my opinion on that yet.

I also appreciate the responses giving an MBTI type for specific criminals--I couldn't find any info on that anywhere else, so that was enormously helpful.