User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 56

Thread: criminals

  1. #11
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deep rain View Post
    Sick as in ill.

    I define bad as a person committing acts that wrong. It's the things they do that are bad. It's not the person that's bad, they are just sick.

    I'm not here to argue - this is just my own opinion.
    Alright, well you're entitled to your own opinion.

    Welcome to MBTI, by the way.

  2. #12
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    i agree with deep rain. i don't think there's such a thing as a bad person. there are only bad acts.

  3. #13
    Procrastinating
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    i agree with deep rain. i don't think there's such a thing as a bad person. there are only bad acts.
    Note my sig.

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    Note my sig.
    No matter how long and how many times a person does what they do (in this case, "bad acts"), they will find their redemption and self-forgiveness at their own time eventually, as difficult as it may be and how much time it may take, but once they can start finding their rightful path of inner peace and forgiveness, they are no more what they repeatedly do.
    Last edited by deep rain; 03-14-2008 at 02:50 PM.

  5. #15
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    Note my sig.
    i'm not saying your viewpoint is wrong, or logically flawed. i just start from different assumptions.

    and i don't like everyone, either. i just don't think anyone is a "bad" person; i have no respect for a lot of people, though.

  6. #16
    Procrastinating
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deep rain View Post
    Thanks for the respects everyone. Whether we agree or not, I appreciate our respects for each other.




    No matter how long and how many times a person does what they do (in this case, "bad acts"), they will find their redemption and self-forgiveness at their own time eventually, as difficult as it may be and how much time it may take, but once they can start finding their rightful path of inner peace and forgiveness, they are no more what they repeatedly do.
    No.. then they're a peaceful, forgiving, person.

  7. #17
    Procrastinating
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    i'm not saying your viewpoint is wrong, or logically flawed. i just start from different assumptions.

    and i don't like everyone, either. i just don't think anyone is a "bad" person; i have no respect for a lot of people, though.

    The difference being the spiritual viewpoint vs the mundane one. I agree in the goodness of all spiritually but we live in a mundane world... that's the yardstick. I really don't ascribe, although I once did, to the idea that a serial killer is a good person doing bad things... and, really, what's the point? The law is going to deal with that person the same way no matter how "good" they are. Should they be let off because they're really a "good" person?

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    61

    Default

    The bad acts that are committed, I believe they do need to pay for it or get some kind of punishment. They still committed wrongful acts which hurt others, and they cannot get away with that. There must be justice for it.

    I still don't believe there are such thing as bad people, but it was their decision for committing wrongful acts and that does not get them excused - it was their choice to do what they did, and they need to be justified for it.

    Even though I don't believe in bad people, they still have the choice to do right or wrong things, and doing wrong things will not get them excused. As "sick" as they are, though not "bad", your ACTS are still your choices and become your responsibility.

    I believe everyone is a good soul deep inside. Many just become misguided, but I believe every one of these people can still find the light, first by fully consciously realizing what they're doing, then start their journey to self-forgiveness and redemption. They don't become good people after that, they'll just get well again.

  9. #19
    Procrastinating
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deep rain View Post
    The bad acts that are committed, I believe they do need to pay for it or get some kind of punishment. They still committed wrongful acts which hurt others, and they cannot get away with that. There must be justice for it.

    I still don't believe there are such thing as bad people, but it was their decision for committing wrongful acts and that does not get them excused - it was their choice to do what they did, and they need to be justified for it.

    Even though I don't believe in bad people, they still have the choice to do right or wrong things, and doing wrong things will not get them excused. As "sick" as they are, though not "bad", your ACTS are still your choices and become your responsibility.

    I believe everyone is a good soul deep inside. Many just become misguided and sick, but I believe every one of these people can still find the light, first fully consciously realizing what they're doing, then start their journey to self-forgiveness and redemption. They don't become "good" people after that, they'll just get well again.
    Soul indicates spirit... supernatural and differs from the person.... natural.

    The Indians have a saying... All are born with a conscience and it is like a metal, square, wheel inside the chest that turns each time we do a "wrong" act. As it turns there is painful cutting of the chest, if tolerated and ignored, it turns more and more until the corners wear down and there is no more pain.

    The point? The person, not the spirit they have become disconnected from for guidance since not all believe in that as a matter of faith, chooses to ignore the pain of what is natural and mundane... the conscience, until they no longer experience what they were born with. That's what they are. That's what they have made of themselves with their choices. What are any of us if not our choices? Remember, not all accept the spiritual. I think it does make spiritual people feel better thinking mundane people are "good"... probably comes from "thou shalt not judge" but judgement, in the biblical sense, is about damnation.... not opinion. No one is right in presuming to judge a person committing bad acts is damned to hell. I suspect they won't be because that is about the spiritual again and we don't know.

  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    The point? The person, not the spirit they have become disconnected from for guidance since not all believe in that as a matter of faith, chooses to ignore the pain of what is natural and mundane... the conscience, until they no longer experience what they were born with. Remember, not all accept the spiritual. I think it does make spiritual people feel better thinking mundane people are "good"... probably comes from "thou shalt not judge" but judgement, in the biblical sense, is about damnation.... not opinion. No one is right in presuming to judge a person committing bad acts is damned to hell. I suspect they won't be because that is about the spiritual again and we don't know.
    Whether you or I believe this matter in spiritual terms, that's an opinion.

    No matter the continuous acts a person commits, people will start believing that that is what makes them who they are. But everyone still has their choices to do good things. So if a criminal stops their behavior and starts to live a good life and help others, they're no longer the "bad" person. Their past is not completely fished out, and the bad things they did in the past are still in their past and still will affect them today, but that won't "make" them who they are anymore.

    I don't believe (again, my own opinion) your choices necessarily make you who are. You yourself is one whole being inside, and on the outside are the choices that you make. On the inside, we, are capable of becoming misguided, lost, and sick. Which leads to the bad decisions you make on the outside. But on the inside, you aren't your choices, you are your wholesome being, that I believe everyone is originally "good". I don't believe you can become a "bad" person, you just become lost. Which affects the decisions you make on the outside that are wrong.

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] NT Criminal Minds
    By tinkerbell in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-01-2013, 05:31 AM
  2. Criminal Mindssss
    By Ism in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-22-2009, 08:11 PM
  3. Criminals
    By NewEra in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-09-2009, 07:11 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 04:17 PM
  5. DNA database plans for children who 'could become criminals'
    By heart in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 04-05-2008, 03:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO