User Tag List

Default Travel Channel's Anthony Bourdain

He hosts the show No Reservations. Anyone have any opionon on his type?

I watch a lot of cooking shows, travel shows and Anthony is very different than most of them. I think he's ENTJ, but I could be wrong. Going just by the dictomies, that makes sense to me.

YouTube - Anthony Bourdain - Malaysia

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

I can see ENTJ, but I could also go ESTP. He's awesome and sarcastic sometimes, but always enjoys the food.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I'd go with ESTP just because of the kind of activities he enjoys.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I've read all of his books and watched No Reservations and A Cooks Tour quite often, gotta go with ESTP here... he genuinely enjoys every physical nuance of the food and is easily swayed to try new things... also, when he goes into his history in the book it's easy to see!

*I'd kill for his job *
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Yeah. He's self-possessed, but he's just seems more P, and more SP in that he enjoys the traveling and meeting new cuisines, etc.

I've been meaning to read his book though- maybe it has more insight. Has anyone read Kitchen Confidential?

I've read all of his books and watched No Reservations and A Cooks Tour quite often, gotta go with ESTP here... he genuinely enjoys every physical nuance of the food and is easily swayed to try new things... also, when he goes into his history in the book it's easy to see!

*I'd kill for his job *
    Never mind - I would kill for his job too. Especially when he went to Hong Kong and got to do a stunt sequence *and* get dim sum.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

yes- and A Cooks Tour or whatever the book was called (it's on the shelf beside me) if you like the show's narration style, you'll like the books!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

You all are much more knowledable about MBTI than I am but I'm kind of surprised at the SP - heck, that's what I am (and I'm not recognizing it?)! He just seems like he's got an N-vibe - a bit dark and mysterious with a lot under the surface, which is unlike most of those chefs on TV. I can see the P though (I still confuse T and P characteristics). On the other hand when he makes plans - he seems so determined and planned.

I really like him He just reminds me of my ENTJ husband more than myself. But I suppose it could be the E and strong T that leads me to think that.

I'll have to read the books - perhaps his SP'ness comes out more in those.

It's official - I suck at MBTI typing

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

There is no way this man is E. I've seen episodes where he's been around loud and bombastic extraverts, and he shrinks away with embarrassment.

The way he pieces words together leads me to believe he is N. "I'm a total egg slut."

The jury is still out for T or F. I'm leaning toward T, with a well-developed F. He's interested in culture, but he seems fascinated by the objective effects of food upon culture.

I think P, too, because he doesn't come to conclusions and then justify them. He works toward his conclusions, step-by-step.

I think INTP.
    INFJ
    4w5