• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Travel Channel's Anthony Bourdain

alicia91

He hosts the show No Reservations. Anyone have any opionon on his type?

I watch a lot of cooking shows, travel shows and Anthony is very different than most of them. I think he's ENTJ, but I could be wrong. Going just by the dictomies, that makes sense to me.

YouTube - Anthony Bourdain - Malaysia

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I can see ENTJ, but I could also go ESTP. He's awesome and sarcastic sometimes, but always enjoys the food.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd go with ESTP just because of the kind of activities he enjoys.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've read all of his books and watched No Reservations and A Cooks Tour quite often, gotta go with ESTP here... he genuinely enjoys every physical nuance of the food and is easily swayed to try new things... also, when he goes into his history in the book it's easy to see! :)

*I'd kill for his job :ninja:*

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah. He's self-possessed, but he's just seems more P, and more SP in that he enjoys the traveling and meeting new cuisines, etc.

I've been meaning to read his book though- maybe it has more insight. Has anyone read Kitchen Confidential?

I've read all of his books and watched No Reservations and A Cooks Tour quite often, gotta go with ESTP here... he genuinely enjoys every physical nuance of the food and is easily swayed to try new things... also, when he goes into his history in the book it's easy to see!

*I'd kill for his job *

Never mind :laugh:- I would kill for his job too. Especially when he went to Hong Kong and got to do a stunt sequence *and* get dim sum.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yes- and A Cooks Tour or whatever the book was called (it's on the shelf beside me) if you like the show's narration style, you'll like the books! :)

alicia91

You all are much more knowledable about MBTI than I am but I'm kind of surprised at the SP - heck, that's what I am (and I'm not recognizing it?)! He just seems like he's got an N-vibe - a bit dark and mysterious with a lot under the surface, which is unlike most of those chefs on TV. I can see the P though (I still confuse T and P characteristics). On the other hand when he makes plans - he seems so determined and planned.

I really like him :) He just reminds me of my ENTJ husband more than myself. But I suppose it could be the E and strong T that leads me to think that.

I'll have to read the books - perhaps his SP'ness comes out more in those.

It's official - I suck at MBTI typing :blush:

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
There is no way this man is E. I've seen episodes where he's been around loud and bombastic extraverts, and he shrinks away with embarrassment.

The way he pieces words together leads me to believe he is N. "I'm a total egg slut."

The jury is still out for T or F. I'm leaning toward T, with a well-developed F. He's interested in culture, but he seems fascinated by the objective effects of food upon culture.

I think P, too, because he doesn't come to conclusions and then justify them. He works toward his conclusions, step-by-step.

I think INTP.