• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coupling (British TV Series) Types

Caligula

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
-
Steve: InTj
Susan: eSFj
Jeff: isFP
Sally: ESFJ
Patrick: eSTp
Jane: ESFP

Lowercase letters are ones I'm less sure about. But I'm really just guessing here.

Last edited:

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
I see Sally as more of a estj. The rest I agree with. Susan's definitely a feeler.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Seriously awesome show. Hilarious. Not sure on their types. Without looking above, I'd say

Susan ESTJ
Sally xSFP
Steve IxTX
Patrick xSTP
Jeff ENFP
Jane ExFP (leaning ENFP)

Comparing to the OP's types, I can see why you'd think Susan is a feeler but it comes across to me as more learned behaviour than innate. She can also be very blunt and particularly in her career you can see her oozing Te. She's always organizing something.

They are all pretty S in general, Jane and Jeff are closer to N though. Maybe Steve.

Steve is just like a walking guy stereotype. Unclear on N/S. Maybe more P than J, but probably not ISTP. Maybe intp, intj, istj.

I think you're right about Sally being J. I'm not sure why I thought P initially. She definitely seems more F than for example the guys, but I could also see T for her.

Of course the characters are mostly insane, so that's a factor....

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Love the show!! I'd have to watch a couple episodes again to try my had at typing, but in general I agree with what's already been stated. Interesting that they seem mostly to be Es and Ss.

Caligula

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
-
Chihuahuas&Random: Upon re-reflection, I agree. Sally is probably a T, though not a strong T.

I could see Jeff being an ENFP, but I see Jane as being pretty ESFP. What are your reasons for typing her N, out of curiosity?

I also agree the Steve could be ISTJ, INTJ or INTP. :)

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Chihuahuas&Random: Upon re-reflection, I agree. Sally is probably a T, though not a strong T.

I could see Jeff being an ENFP, but I see Jane as being pretty ESFP. What are your reasons for typing her N, out of curiosity?

I also agree the Steve could be ISTJ, INTJ or INTP. :)
Haha have you heard the things she's said? It just sounds like Ne on crack. Or alternatively, possibly Ni paranoia, but she does seem more of a P.

I can't think of any concrete examples, it's been a while since I watched last, but her overall essence is just very....off the wall.

finniestoncran

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Steve - ISTJ (Pretty typical "guy" type. I don't think he's an intuitive)
Susan - ESxJ (I agree that it's kind of hard to tell)
Sally - xSFJ (she always seemed very Fe to me)
Patrick - ESTP (basically a caricature of one)
Jeff - ENTP (Ne is obvious but I think Ti rather than Fi, though I'd have to rewatch to make sure)
Jane - ENFP (I can see why people would say ESFP, but she's just too weird)