• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI Types of British TV Shows You've Never Heard of.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I would have guessed at ENTP from what I've seen but I'm also tempted by ISFJ... The whole trip around the world doesn't seem very ENTP but there again if he's that worldly then his type is liable to be murky in definition because of development.

I understand your point. Palin often seems to present a double face... Two opposed point of views.

But as you said, with age, people tend to appear more and more like their tertiary, so perhaps it could explain why he looked very cynical/eccentric when he was younger, while the older Palin rather offers a calm/understanding face... :mellow:

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I would counter that ENTPs are quite the sadists themselves given chance.

Sad, but true...

But I'd would rather since they are iNtuitives, ENTPs tend to be more macchiavelian than pure sadist.
They use their natural cynicism to see the outcomes, the possibilities, rather than enjoying the present moment in a sensory fashion.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I understand your point. Palin often seems to present a double face... Two opposed point of views.

But as you said, with age, people tend to appear more and more like their tertiary, so perhaps it could explain why he looked very cynical/eccentric when he was younger, while the older Palin rather offers a calm/understanding face... :mellow:
Something to look forwards to? :D

I do sense the irreverence in his humour but he seems quite reverent when he's travelling. I'm wondering which is the person and which is the shadow.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Something to look forwards to? :D

I do sense the irreverence in his humour but he seems quite reverent when he's travelling. I'm wondering which is the person and which is the shadow.

Again, the older I get, the more reverent I may appear to people around me... It's my Fe working...
I sense the same kind of internal conflict within Palin.

As for his travel documentaries, remember it was a side job, just a way of getting some cash... I would be tempted to trust more the sketches he has written himself to find the "true" Palin.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Again, the older I get, the more reverent I may appear to people around me... It's my Fe working...
I sense the same kind of internal conflict within Palin.

As for his travel documentaries, remember it was a side job, just a way of getting some cash... I would be tempted to trust more the sketches he has written himself to find the "true" Palin.
Not sure that's the right way around. If you think about it from the other stand point then his sketches were deliberately written where as the other is more of a documentary (supposedly) of his travels.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Not sure that's the right way around. If you think about it from the other stand point then his sketches were deliberately written where as the other is more of a documentary (supposedly) of his travels.

Maybe! :rolleyes:
We're only doing conjectures, anyway.
I see your point as much as I see mine, we may both be right, we may both be wrong, but it's entertaining nonetheless.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry, I've actually heard of Red Dwarf, Black Adder, Young Ones, and MPFC.

(At least the OP fit the billing of the thread title.)

But yeah, there was a lot of extroverted intuition flying around on the MPFC set. Based on look and feel, I would think that Chapman, Palin, and Jones had the best chance to be introverts.

Idle's very extroverted (I briefly met, um, err, past by him in a hallway once, and the man just does NOT shut up... frankly, he intimidated me), Gilliam is just a nut and seems to be an extroverted tinkerer (ENxP?), and Cleese sort of walks that line between intro and extro.

I always got a sense of gentleness and kindness from Palin, even when he was younger. (probably P.) Some of the other members were much more abrasive. Cleese is J. If Jones is J, he's probably INFJ or something else with a quieter manner. Gilliam is P all over the place. Chapman always seemed J, very much in control of himself and his presentation.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
There is something contradictory between

This:
But yeah, there was a lot of extroverted intuition flying around on the MPFC set.

And that:

Some of the other members were much more abrasive. Cleese is J. If Jones is J, he's probably INFJ or something else with a quieter manner. Gilliam is P all over the place. Chapman always seemed J, very much in control of himself and his presentation.

As Ne exists only in great amounts within NP types (not J's), and especially among ENFPs and ENTPs.

So, a high Ne environment is likely to be dominated by ENxPs.

---

Besides, classy dressers are not always Js. People "in control" with their presentations are often born comedians, and again, this would rather make us think to ExxP types...

Based on look and feel, I would think that Chapman, Palin, and Jones had the best chance to be introverts.

It seems we would all agree on the fact Chapman was an introvert. And indeed, he always played the awkward man dealing with social situations he barely handled. When you look at his contributions, he always was refered as the rational backbone of the whole team. (->Hence I'd say INTP)

Palin seems a very complex double sided character, so let's forget him for a minute.

But about Terry Jones, I've seen him in an art gallery and later in a political convention, and he struck me as one of the most exuberant people around, very Extroverted, I'd say. And since he both enjoys writing children's stories and judge politics according to his own sense of morality, I'd say he's an unmistakable ENFP.

Idle's very extroverted (I briefly met, um, err, past by him in a hallway once, and the man just does NOT shut up... frankly, he intimidated me),

Again, we have a consensus over Eric Idle. The fact that he is both very talkative, a musician and a con artist (a real one) leads me to ESTP.
Another guess?

Gilliam is just a nut and seems to be an extroverted tinkerer (ENxP?),

Gilliam is a very quiet, shy man. That's why he would'nt appear on a lot on MPFC sketches, or only as deaf or mute characters. As he later confessed, he was so shy that he actually feared to stammer when the TV camera was on.
On the other hand he's a gifted artist, a very creative one, who enjoys dreams and that sort of thing... Very idealistic.
So I'd say INFx.

and Cleese sort of walks that line between intro and extro.

Again, I disagree. Cleese always enjoyed to be in charge, to look bossy (he often appeared as the leader of the team), he never was afraid of public, he never suffered any stage fright, he was a natural comedian.
Hence, the ENTP profile fits to him like a glove around an hand.

If you perceive him as quiet, (assuming he's an ENTP) it's because ENxPs are rarely very extroverted (unlike ESxPs).
The typical ENxP "only" scores as 50-75% on the I/E scale on classic MBTI tests (Typical ESxP = 65-90%).

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I haven't researched them enough to discuss them intelligently to the level of detail you are taking things.

I was merely describing what I have 'felt' at a diffuse, general level when observing them in a variety of settings.

I could be wrong. But I'm not convinced you're right.

So that's where I'm leaving it. I didn't come here to buy an argument, after all. ;)

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
But I'm not convinced you're right.

Neither am I. :devil:

Typing people without their consent and only according to their public face is a very dangerous game, and that's why I usually don't participate in such kind of topic (they are so easily biased: look for instance at Bluewing, who types every famous intelligent people as INTPs)... :1377:

But since the possibilities remain very open, and since we were only talking about comedians, well, I enjoyed it for fun. :D

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Well my father typed Cleese as an INTP... not too sure how he came to that conclusion but he's watched most of their stuff and types people as part of his work so it may be worth looking into.

Personally I just get stuck at ... no.. for a long while. Though if you think about it if he's the thinker behind the sketches it makes sense. Plus now that I think about it he doesn't often look at the camera directly and when he does he looks awkward.. Coping mechanism perhaps?

6sticks

MBTI Type
istp
The Mighty Boosh:

Howard Moon: INTJ

Vince Noir: ESFP

Naboo: ISFJ

Bollo: ISTP

Bob Fossil: ENFP

Dixon Bainbridge: ENTJ

Mrs Gideon: INFJ

The Moon: ESFP

The Hitcher: ESTP

Old Gregg: ESFP

The Spirit of Jazz: ESTP

Tony Robinson: ESFP

Saboo: ENTJ

Kirk: ISTP

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
The Mighty Boosh:

Vince Noir: ESFP

The Moon: ESFP

The Hitcher: ESTP

Old Gregg: ESFP

The Spirit of Jazz: ESTP

Tony Robinson: ESFP

Spider: ESFP?

So does Noel Feilding only ever play ESFPs with the exception of those two ESTPs?

What would you say Richmond from The IT Crowd would be? ISFP?

"OooooOoooh, I'm a cockney nutjob!"

6sticks

MBTI Type
istp

So does Noel Feilding only ever play ESFPs with the exception of those two ESTPs?

Yeah, I guess he does.

Richmond seems more like an INFP... looking into the distance and saying "an ill wind is blowing" and whatnot. But either one could work. Actually most characters in the IT Crowd seem pretty hard to type.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
Some more for the thread that nobody will read.

I, Claudius

Claudius - INTP
Augustus - ESFJ
Livia - INTJ
Tiberius - ISTJ
Caligula - ENFP
Nero - ESFP
Julia - ISFP
Antonia - ISTJ
Sejanus - ENTJ
Drusilla - ISFP
Postumus - ESTP
Herod Agrippa - ENTP
Germanicus - ESTJ
Drusus - ENTP
Gaius - ISFP
Marcus Agrippa - ESTP
Livilla - ESTP
Messallina - INTJ
Agrippina - ENFJ
Agrippinilla - ISTP
Pallas - ISTJ
Narcissus - INTP

At Home with the Braithwaites

Alison - ESFJ
David - ESFP
Virginia - ISTP
Sarah - ENTJ
Charlotte - INTP
Megan - ESTP
Mike - INTJ
Phil - ISFP
Colin - ISTP
Denise - ESTJ
Pauline - ISTJ
Marion - ESFP
Tamsin - ISFJ
Elaine - ESTJ
Jordan - INTJ

The Grey Badger

MBTI Type
INTP
As a major fan of "I, Claudius: - in fact I listened to it on audiobook on a recent drive to Denver and back - I agre with your typings so far. Will have to study some of the characters a bit and think. But -

Oh, yes, Claudius is a total, classic INTP. And - agreed on the rest. Except I'd like your reasoning on Caligula being an NF. [Myself, I think of his type as BFC. The first word being 'bug' and the last word being 'crazy'.]

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?

Lol...Tony Robinson (what a normal name for that thing) + Saboo

He plays a lot of ESFPs, but I've been wondering what type Noel Fielding is himself. Barratt seems to play a lot of characters close to type (INTx), but I can't figure out Fielding. "F" is all I've got for sure.