• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI Types of British TV Shows You've Never Heard of.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
He plays a lot of ESFPs, but I've been wondering what type Noel Fielding is himself. Barratt seems to play a lot of characters close to type (INTx), but I can't figure out Fielding. "F" is all I've got for sure.

I feel he might actually be an XNFP of some kind.

Here's a good example of him arguing with my hero Simon Amstell.
YouTube - Simon Amstell lays into Noel Fielding

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
Except I'd like your reasoning on Caligula being an NF. [Myself, I think of his type as BFC. The first word being 'bug' and the last word being 'crazy'.]

I couldn't decide between the two EFPs for Caligula at first, but went the N as he is constantly drawing parallel from the stories of the gods and himself. Though, because of his delusions this could be seen as inferior Ni, making him an ESFP, I felt that he had too much fun with the comparisons, especially when he liked to compare Claudius to Vulcan.

Despite being insane he did like subverting customs for jokes, which seems very Ne to me. Giving Cassius rude words for the guards' watch words, forcing Messallina and Claudius to marry just because she was young and pretty and he was old and lame and making a horse a senator.

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
I feel he might actually be an XNFP of some kind.

Here's a good example of him arguing with my hero Simon Amstell.
YouTube - Simon Amstell lays into Noel Fielding

Heheh, good video. Now I'm gonna have to look up Simon Amstell. I've been on a British television youtube adventure all summer, no reason to stop now.

xNFP indeed seems to be the only thing that fits him well. The E/I really isn't so obvious, is it.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
Heheh, good video.

Yes, it's the height of NT and NF debate.

xNFP indeed seems to be the only thing that fits him well. The E/I really isn't so obvious, is it.

I remember seeing an interview that Noel Fielding and Julian Barratt did with Jonathan Ross, in which Barratt hardly said a word without being prompted and Fielding was described as being "gregarious".

I'm Old Greeeeeeeeeeeg!!

From it I think I'd be leaning towards extravert.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think someone should type Mr. Blobby.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I think someone should type Mr. Blobby.

He was often drunk, apparently.

I'd need a few before going near Noel Edmonds.

noelblobby460.jpg

Well this certainly wasn't in the job description.

The Grey Badger

MBTI Type
INTP
I couldn't decide between the two EFPs for Caligula at first, but went the N as he is constantly drawing parallel from the stories of the gods and himself. Though, because of his delusions this could be seen as inferior Ni, making him an ESFP, I felt that he had too much fun with the comparisons, especially when he liked to compare Claudius to Vulcan.

Despite being insane he did like subverting customs for jokes, which seems very Ne to me. Giving Cassius rude words for the guards' watch words, forcing Messallina and Claudius to marry just because she was young and pretty and he was old and lame and making a horse a senator.

The first time that an *entire* horse was seated in the Senate, one presumes.

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
Yes, it's the height of NT and NF debate.

I remember seeing an interview that Noel Fielding and Julian Barratt did with Jonathan Ross, in which Barratt hardly said a word without being prompted and Fielding was described as being "gregarious".

I'm Old Greeeeeeeeeeeg!!

From it I think I'd be leaning towards extravert.

I got some Baileys! Want some Baileys?! Mmmcreammmy....

Barratt definitely makes him look like an extravert. But then again, Barratt seems like introvert*5, which is the only reason I was reluctant to say extravert for Fielding definitively. I'd still lean toward extravert as well though. He seems Ne dominant and it sounds like he goes out partying a lot.

Lotr246

Anyone seen the show Spaced? I'm wondering what you think the main characters' types are?

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
Anyone seen the show Spaced? I'm wondering what you think the main characters' types are?

I've always meant to watch that show, just because I'm a Pegg/Heap/Frost/Bailey fan, so I just watched a couple of episodes now.

From what I've seen:

Tim: INFP
Daisy: INFJ
Mike: ESTP
Brian: ISTP
Marsha: ISFP
Twist: ESTJ

I haven't seen much of Bill Bailey's character yet so I couldn't say.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just assumed all sadists were ESTPs, that's all.

I was going to put ESFP, but I was worried that I kept typing less intelligent characters as that.

"What do you say to a cup of tea?"

"Feck off cup!"

"I love my brick!"
QFT
+ I am stealing Noel Fielding for my girly-men appreciation project, thanks.

Lotr246

I've always meant to watch that show, just because I'm a Pegg/Heap/Frost/Bailey fan, so I just watched a couple of episodes now.

From what I've seen:

Tim: INFP
Daisy: INFJ
Mike: ESTP
Brian: ISTP
Marsha: ISFP
Twist: ESTJ

I haven't seen much of Bill Bailey's character yet so I couldn't say.

Yeah, I agree with most of those. Although, I think Daisy is more extraverted and probably an ENFJ. But the procrastination makes me think ENFP. I think Tim could be INFJ though too, with his stubbornness at times and his dream to be a graphic artist. Brian seems to be more a feeler, so an ISFP, which is the artist type as well. I love this show! Too bad there's only two seasons.

Loxias

MBTI Type
INxj
Enneagram
4w5
Father Jack is definitely an INTJ. :D

I am reviving this because I was going to open a thread about typing the Father Ted characters.

XYZ

MBTI Type
GOAT
Enneagram
DUNO
Are You Being Served?

Mr Humphries - ENFP
Mr Lucas - ESTP
Mr Grainger - ISTJ
Mr Spooner (Mr Lucas' replacement) - ISTP

Mrs Slocombe - ESTJ
Mrs Brahms - ESFP
Young Mr Grace - ENFJ

Captain Peacock - ESTJ
Mr Rumbould - ISTJ

Mr Mash (1st janitor) - ESTP
Mr Harman (2nd janitor) - ESFJ

Not really sure on Young or Old Mr Grace.

Some Mothers Do 'Ave Em

Frank - ENFP
Betty - ESFJ

Sizzling Berry

MBTI Type
INFP
I, Claudius

Claudius - INTP

What would be your reasons for him being T?

For me he was always more F. Claudius survives by reacting in an appropriate way to thoughts and wishes of others. Sometimes he has to do it on the spot - e.g. with Caligula after his illness or after the dance. That's not the thing of INTPs I know IRL. Neither is agreeing with something absurd and then being quiet about it.