• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Movies that Capture ENFP/INFP Traits

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Here's some of my thinking, and challenge it if you thing otherwise =)

Pride & Prejudice (Elizabeth Bennet) ENFP

Forgetting Sarah Marshall (Peter Bretter) ENFP

Garden State (Natalie Portman) ENFP

Along Came Polly (Jennifer Anniston) ENFP?

I can't think of any INFP's right now... except maybe Charlie Brown =) Will post later.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
clementine from eternal sunshine of the spotless mind is and ENFP, so is carrie from sex and the city

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
clementine from eternal sunshine of the spotless mind is and ENFP, so is carrie from sex and the city

Really? I can see Clementine.. (though I never did see her with friends..) with her initaitive, quarky, off beat self.

I always saw sex and the city Carrie as an ENFJ for some reason. Thinking a little more about it, her *energy* seemed enfj but her undecided directionless actions were very P.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
In Garden State, Andrew largeman... INTP or INFP?

Also.. I Heart Huckabees.. Albert Markovski strikes me as VERY intp.

KDude

For a not-so-realistic character.. Ferris Bueller is probably ENFP. For even more unrealistic, the Mad Hatter (there is some debate on Alice being INFP. It's interesting enough to put them side by side though).

I could be like Charlie Brown. If I was a bald child.

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
These are sometimes typed infj or infp, I'll leave up to others to decide.

Danielle (Ever After)
Kathleen Kelly (You've Got Mail)
Belle ( Beauty & the Beast)

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Also think that RIchie Tenenbuam was INFP and Margo Tenenbaum INTP

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

Elizabeth was Fe all over the place. I really do think she was ENFJ. Managing and strategizing relationships was her life's blood.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall (Peter Bretter) ENFP

Agreed.

Garden State (Natalie Portman) ENFP

Agreed.

Along Came Polly (Jennifer Anniston) ENFP?

Fuck no. She just seemed like a badly written character; an ISFJ trying really hard to come off as an ESFP.

The main character in Happy Go Lucky seemed very ENFP.

ESFP fo sho.

I lean ESFP for her, but there is a possibility she could have been ENFP.

For a not-so-realistic character.. Ferris Bueller is probably ENFP.

I thought of him more as an ENTP.

Also think that RIchie Tenenbuam was INFP and Margo Tenenbaum INTP

I thought Margo was an INFP and Richie was an ISFP.

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
Harold and maude; Maude being the Enfp. Whether or not this rings true, is not for me to decide.

Last edited:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I always saw sex and the city Carrie as an ENFJ for some reason. Thinking a little more about it, her *energy* seemed enfj but her undecided directionless actions were very P.

i cant see J in her at all

I lean ESFP for her, but there is a possibility she could have been ENFP.

why? because she likes shoes and fashion?

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx

I've been trying to figure this one out myself, but I can see this. Margo as INFP and Richie as ISFP makes sense to me.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've been trying to figure this one out myself, but I can see this. Margo as INFP and Richie as ISFP makes sense to me.

Agree. This is a good possibility. The reason I didn't tag Margot as INFP is because Fi usually reaches out to connect with people, and Margot seemed hell bent on avoiding people. She had no qualm with leaving her husband, or messing around with Richies best bud. Didn't strike me as Fi. But I could be wrong =)

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Fox Moulder (X Files) INFP?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

As played by Keira Knightly, yes. In the novel, I'd say INFJ, maybe eNFJ. Definitely a Fe type in the novel.

A Jane Austen heroine who is INFP enneagram 9w1: Fanny Price.

Julie Delpy seems to play ENFPs a lot:
Celine in Before Sunrise/Sunset - relatively healthy eNFP (seems close on I/E)
Marion in 2 Days in Paris - unhealthy ENFP

Other ENFPs in movies include the cliche bohemian woman who comes unexpectedly into the life of the xxTJ man, turns his world upside down, teaches him how to live & love, and he helps her deal with whatever crazy stuff her chaotic lifestyle has reaped; movie is as likely to end with them parting ways after learning from each other as much as a happily ever after. You know you've all seen that movie.... ENFPs pop up in movies a lot, but they're not necessarily all well-written...

INFP:
Annie Hall - I watched this recently, the first time after knowing MBTI, & it was sooo obvious she is INFP.

Amelie - I know most see her as INFJ, but she's the #1 film character I can relate to. Let's forget the functions and call her INFx. I won't give her up! :tongue:. I think the movie as a whole has a very INFx vibe anyway.

Debbie in Grosse Pointe Blank - or an eNFP? The whole movie seems INxx to me.

Caden in Synecdoche, New York - INFP or ISFP? Movie has an NF vibe though, IMO.

Yes on Richie...Margo is hard to say, as she is so quiet, but if not INFP, then INTP.