• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Movies that Capture ENFP/INFP Traits

KDude

Other ENFPs in movies include the cliche bohemian woman who comes unexpectedly into the life of the xxTJ man, turns his world upside down, teaches him how to live & love, and he helps he deal with whatever crazy stuff her chaotic lifestyle has reaped; movie is as likely to end with them parting ways after learning from each other as much as a happily ever after. You know you've all seen that movie.... ENFPs pop up in movies a lot, but they're not necessarily all well-written...

Dana Delaney in Tombstone?

She seemed like an ESFP at times though.. :thinking:

This is partly why I mentioned Ferris Bueller btw. But if he's ENTP, fair enough. I think it's convenient that his girlfriend kind of seemed like a cool ISTx.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
It could only apply to one of them. The other was either rhetorical or, if not, would require more than a yes/no answer.

thats why i found it weird that you only answered with no..

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Miss Potter - Infp (I think that's what it's called). She's like a carcuture of me, or at least the more ridiculous aspects. I rather identify closely with Beatrix Potter any way though. Not that the movie actually indicates this, but she was actually a very perceptive botanist, who got little recognition being the wrong sex.
And I can't believe no-ones said Anne of Green Gables yet for INFP. She's much too full of sunshine and sweetness for my taste, but she's definitely INFP.
Belle is INFP too. I watched Beauty and the beast the other day, and I feel it in my boots so she must be, LOL.

Do you know who struck me as rather INFPish..... Gypsy Rose in the movie/musical with Bette Middler in it. I could be wrong.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dana Delaney in Tombstone?

She seemed like an ESFP at times though.. :thinking:

This is partly why I mentioned Ferris Bueller btw. But if he's ENTP, fair enough. I think it's convenient that his girlfriend kind of seemed like a cool ISTx.

I think she's definitely an ENFP. I got the impression that she understood things much in the way an ENFP would as opposed to an ESFP. the prince looking dude she traveled around with was probably an INFP

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFP
Polly from Along Came Polly 7w8
Anakin Skywalker 8w7
Chris Kattan in Night at the Roxbury 8w7
Mrs. Doubtfire 2w1 or 2w3
The New Guy 7w8
Peter Pan 7w8 (there are arguments that he's ENTP or ESTP, but I think he's an ENFP)
Ted from 16 Candles 8w7 (although he's really not very NF-ish)
Ashton Kutcher's dad in No Strings Attached 8w7

INFP
Bastian Bux from The Never Ending Story 7 (don't know his wing)
The Little Prince 9w1 or 7
Willie Wonka 4w5
Storm from X Men 2w1 or 1w2
Joan of Arc 1w9

KDude

I think she's definitely an ENFP. I got the impression that she understood things much in the way an ENFP would as opposed to an ESFP. the prince looking dude she traveled around with was probably an INFP

Billy Zane? I don't recall him having much dialogue to see any N or S, but otherwise, he seemed extroverted to me (in Fe kind of way). If I were to bring socionics into it, he's almost a caricature of the ENFj. The "Actor". I know you'd personally associate a lot aristocratic, diva-like, and elegant behavior to NFs, but it's more typical of Beta NFs/Ni-Fe there.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Little Mrs. Sunshine.. The dad (cant think of his name) seemed very ENFP to me.
Brother seemed INTP.. (no talking neitzsche follower)
Heroin overdosed grandpa ESFP
Mom is hard to say..

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
And I can't believe no-ones said Anne of Green Gables yet for INFP. She's much too full of sunshine and sweetness for my taste, but she's definitely INFP.

Totally INFP. Loved those movies growing up.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
The Fisher King ~ Robin Williams ENFP (Real life too)

Komakino

Mom is hard to say..

Wasn't the dad ESTJ? And the brother seemed IFP, probably N. I could see the uncle being ENFP though.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Wasn't the dad ESTJ? And the brother seemed IFP, probably N. I could see the uncle being ENFP though.

Really? At the end, when Olive is dancing and the crowd is horrified, the Dad jumps up on stage with her to help. Seemed very ENFP to me.

KDude

Mom is hard to say..

There are some characters I would type INFP, but they could be kind of INTP. The brother from Sunshine might be an unhealthy one. You also mentioned Mulder. I mentioned the new Alice. Peter Parker is often brought up as INFP or INTP. Maybe even Neo from the Matrix (and the Oracle is kind of an older type of ENFP character..).

A more optimistic kind of INFP is Romeo. Maybe even Juliet. Except that was a double suicide. Not exactly the best examples of optimism. Forget I mentioned them. :cool:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Billy Zane? I don't recall him having much dialogue to see any N or S, but otherwise, he seemed extroverted to me (in Fe kind of way). If I were to bring socionics into it, he's almost a caricature of the ENFj. The "Actor". I know you'd personally associate a lot aristocratic, diva-like, and elegant behavior to NFs, but it's more typical of Beta NFs/Ni-Fe there.

I disagree with the last point. Fe is more people focused and seeks unity and acceptance. Fi is more subtle, artistic and seeks beauty and refinement.

KDude

I agree, it's subtle. That's why Billy Zane's character didn't seem very Fi. Especially a Fi dom. He's some kind of louder thespian caricature.

As for artists specifically. Anyone can be an artist. Probably one of the best artists (imo) on this site is an ENTJ. One of the best I know offline (as in good enough to sell paintings to Madonna and will have his little spot in art history books) is an ENTP.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree, it's subtle. That's why Billy Zane's character didn't seem very Fi. Especially a Fi dom. He's some kind of louder thespian caricature.

As for artists specifically. Anyone can be an artist. Probably one of the best artists (imo) on this site is an ENTJ. One of the best I know offline (as in good enough to sell paintings to Madonna and will have his little spot in art history books) is an ENTP.

agreed. the louder thespian type of artist is probably more Fe (personally I think they're kinda weird lol). generally I think of Fe more like musical theatre (over the top feelings, intense emotional reactions to things) and Fi more like opera (conviction, integrity, dramatic heroism)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
unhealthy and obnoxious enfp Joaquin phoenix in his mockumentary thing...not sure what he is irl