User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default Peanuts Characters

I was thinking about these a little bit and here's what I got.

Charlie Brown-ISFP
    Linus-INTP
    Lucy-ESTJ
    Snoopy-ENFP
    Peppermint Patty-ESTP

Not sure about the others.

Also Charles Schulz is likely an INFP.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Mondo; 03-06-2008 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post

Charlie Brown-ISFP
    Linus-INTP
    Lucy-ESTJ
    Snoopy-ENFP
    Peppermint Patty-ESTP

What do you guys think?
    I think Charlie Brown is probably an INFP, because he is always troubled philosophically. ENFP for Snoopy sounds reasonable, but I would tend to think ENTP > ENFP.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Charlie Brown-ISFJ
    Linus-INTP (altho he's got that goofy "Great Pumpkin" thingie to throw us for a loop...!)
    Lucy-ESFJ
    Peppermint Patty-ESTP
    Shroeder -- ISFP (?) ... he's a little crankier than most ISFP men I have known tho.

Charles Schulz = ISFJ from what I could tell. he didn't seem very NF.

I also found it very interesting how he died right after he stopped work on his strip. Perhaps he stopped working on his strip because he thought his life was ending (so there is no correlation here)... but no one really noticed any health problems that extreme with him, his death seemed to take everyone by surprise.

N's seem to do a little better with seeing beyond their roles when they retire; S's seem to take the shift much harder. SJs, especially. Their job is like a sacred trust, much of the time. Once Schulz laid down his pen, he seemed to lose the will to live.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Charlie Brown-ISFJ
    Linus-INTP (altho he's got that goofy "Great Pumpkin" thingie to throw us for a loop...!)
    Lucy-ESFJ
    Peppermint Patty-ESTP
    Shroeder -- ISFP (?) ... he's a little crankier than most ISFP men I have known tho.

Charles Schulz = ISFJ from what I could tell. he didn't seem very NF.

I also found it very interesting how he died right after he stopped work on his strip. Perhaps he stopped working on his strip because he thought his life was ending (so there is no correlation here)... but no one really noticed any health problems that extreme with him, his death seemed to take everyone by surprise.

N's seem to do a little better with seeing beyond their roles when they retire; S's seem to take the shift much harder. SJs, especially. Their job is like a sacred trust, much of the time. Once Schulz laid down his pen, he seemed to lose the will to live.
    I don't think Lucy is an F. I always saw the dynamic between Charlie Brown & Lucy as Introverted Feeler-Extraverted Thinker.. a switch in gender roles.

ISFP makes sense for Schroeder though.

MBTI
    INXP

Charlie Brown-ISFP
    Linus-INTP
    Lucy-ESTJ
    Snoopy-ENFP
    Peppermint Patty-ESTP

What do you guys think?
    I think you got it exactly correct...
    And as far as Schroeder, I'm not sure what type he is but I don't think he's an ISFP.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Charlie Brown-INFP
    Linus-INTP
    Lucy-ESFJ
    Snoopy-ENTP (or maybe ENFP, hard to tell with a talking dog)
    Peppermint Patty-ESTP
    Schroeder - ISFP
    Marci - ISTJ
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

I look at everything through the Galenic temperaments, and then translate it to MBTI through the Keirsey temperaments ("conative": action skills) and Berens Interaction Styles (social skills).

So: using
    ESF/ENP (extraverted, informing); SP (pragmatic, motive): Sanguine
    IST/INJ (introverted, directing); SJ (cooperative, structure): Melancholic
    EST/ENJ (extraverted, directing); NT (pragmatic, structure): Choleric
    ISF/INP (introverted, informing); NF (cooperative, motive): Phlegmatic

Charlie Brown: I would agree as ISFJ. As "wishy-washy" as he may be (from the Behind the Scenes style) he does seem to have the concrete structure-focus of the SJ. Like when he manages the baseball team. Even though he is regarded as a poor manager because the team always loses; he still gets serious and orders the others when in that position. (even yelling at Lucy, of all people, whe she's doing something silly).
    Other than that, I would go with INFP.
    In any case, introverted, informing and cooperative.

Lucy: obviously Choleric (In Charge). So either ENTJ or maybe ESTJ. But I don't think she's really a cooperative Guardian, so most likely the "Fieldmarshall".
    ESFJ [SanMel]? NO WAY!!!

Linus. Melancholy (Chart the Course); doesn't really need people, and probably also Guardian. That would suggest ISTJ. But then he could be informing, which would be ISFJ. (He and Charlie Brown seem rather similar in type). He might seem more "intellectual", but he does not seem "pragmatic" like an NT at all, but rather cooperative.

Sally: Get things Going, which is informing, but with a bossy streak. ESFJ or ENTP. Probably the latter, because she does seem rather pragmatic, and fits the ENTP's rambunctiousness, especially in some classroom scenes I vaguely remember.

Schroeder: musically artistic pure Melancholy. (ISTJ) Leave me alone; don't bother me (when playing Beethoven). In Keirsey's theories, artisticness is associated with SP, but in older temperament theory, it is associated with the Melancholic. The ISTP, combining both temperaments is probably the most artistic, but I don't see Schroeder as being pragmatic and motive-oriented.

Peppermint Patty: In Charge, but does not seem particularly structure-focused. So perhaps ENFJ or ESTP.

Marcie: introverted, informing, cooperative and motive focused: INFP.

The old Patty and Violet: perhaps INTJ's, they way they used to just tear into Charlie Brown, and often for nothing at all. Lucy is the one who gets the bad rap, and even Peppermint Patty sometimes, while the other Patty and Violet are largely forgotten about, and basically dropped out of the series in the late 60's, when the new Patty, Marcie, Woodstock, etc. came along. But both Lucy and Peppermint Patty are simply very expressive. They would jump on Charlie Brown when he did something, like lose the game. Those other two were not as initially expressive, yet poured all this venom for Charlie Brown a lot of the times, particularly in the early 60's comics (which I grew up with in the "selected comics" books, and now have in the exhaustive "Complete Peanuts" series).

Snoopy: He's a dog. But then Pavlov did assign temperaments for dogs. He would obviously be "Lively" (Sanguine). A conation temperament and exact MBTI type would be harder to assign, since that I would think is more "human". If you must, then perhaps ESFP.

MBTI
    INTP

Charlie Brown-ISFP
    Linus-INTP
    Lucy-ESTJ
    Snoopy-ENFP
    Peppermint Patty-ESTP

What do you guys think?
    Sounds right to me!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Charlie Brown oozes ISFJ
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Feel free to pick and poke at this, but I think Charlie is an ENFP, believe it or no. My dad, who has been working with MBTI for 20years+ now, agrees, being an ENFP himself. You must understand, too, the context of the setting. The stories were written around the 50's or 60's? correct me if I'm wrong, but they still are somewhat old. Also, Charlie Brown plays a kid who isn't necessarily accepted or liked by his peers, so it bends his personality a little. I still stand by ENFP.

Edit: I noticed someone had listen Linus as an ISTJ, which i'd have to highly disagree with. He is totally an INFP! Always have something wise, humble, and deep to say, and I'm nearly 100% sure (which is rare), as I use to be a huuuge fan of the Peanuts, and got to know the characters very well.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?