• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Peanuts Characters

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I was thinking about these a little bit and here's what I got.

Charlie Brown-ISFP
Linus-INTP
Lucy-ESTJ
Snoopy-ENFP
Peppermint Patty-ESTP

Not sure about the others.

Also Charles Schulz is likely an INFP.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

MerkW

Charlie Brown-ISFP
Linus-INTP
Lucy-ESTJ
Snoopy-ENFP
Peppermint Patty-ESTP

What do you guys think?

I think Charlie Brown is probably an INFP, because he is always troubled philosophically. ENFP for Snoopy sounds reasonable, but I would tend to think ENTP > ENFP.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Charlie Brown-ISFJ
Linus-INTP (altho he's got that goofy "Great Pumpkin" thingie to throw us for a loop...!)
Lucy-ESFJ
Peppermint Patty-ESTP
Shroeder -- ISFP (?) ... he's a little crankier than most ISFP men I have known tho.

Charles Schulz = ISFJ from what I could tell. he didn't seem very NF.

I also found it very interesting how he died right after he stopped work on his strip. Perhaps he stopped working on his strip because he thought his life was ending (so there is no correlation here)... but no one really noticed any health problems that extreme with him, his death seemed to take everyone by surprise.

N's seem to do a little better with seeing beyond their roles when they retire; S's seem to take the shift much harder. SJs, especially. Their job is like a sacred trust, much of the time. Once Schulz laid down his pen, he seemed to lose the will to live.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Charlie Brown-ISFJ
Linus-INTP (altho he's got that goofy "Great Pumpkin" thingie to throw us for a loop...!)
Lucy-ESFJ
Peppermint Patty-ESTP
Shroeder -- ISFP (?) ... he's a little crankier than most ISFP men I have known tho.

Charles Schulz = ISFJ from what I could tell. he didn't seem very NF.

I also found it very interesting how he died right after he stopped work on his strip. Perhaps he stopped working on his strip because he thought his life was ending (so there is no correlation here)... but no one really noticed any health problems that extreme with him, his death seemed to take everyone by surprise.

N's seem to do a little better with seeing beyond their roles when they retire; S's seem to take the shift much harder. SJs, especially. Their job is like a sacred trust, much of the time. Once Schulz laid down his pen, he seemed to lose the will to live.

I don't think Lucy is an F. I always saw the dynamic between Charlie Brown & Lucy as Introverted Feeler-Extraverted Thinker.. a switch in gender roles.

ISFP makes sense for Schroeder though.

Royal Xavier

MBTI Type
INXP

Charlie Brown-ISFP
Linus-INTP
Lucy-ESTJ
Snoopy-ENFP
Peppermint Patty-ESTP

What do you guys think?

I think you got it exactly correct...
And as far as Schroeder, I'm not sure what type he is but I don't think he's an ISFP.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Charlie Brown-INFP
Linus-INTP
Lucy-ESFJ
Snoopy-ENTP (or maybe ENFP, hard to tell with a talking dog)
Peppermint Patty-ESTP
Schroeder - ISFP
Marci - ISTJ

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I look at everything through the Galenic temperaments, and then translate it to MBTI through the Keirsey temperaments ("conative": action skills) and Berens Interaction Styles (social skills).

So: using
ESF/ENP (extraverted, informing); SP (pragmatic, motive): Sanguine
IST/INJ (introverted, directing); SJ (cooperative, structure): Melancholic
EST/ENJ (extraverted, directing); NT (pragmatic, structure): Choleric
ISF/INP (introverted, informing); NF (cooperative, motive): Phlegmatic

Charlie Brown: I would agree as ISFJ. As "wishy-washy" as he may be (from the Behind the Scenes style) he does seem to have the concrete structure-focus of the SJ. Like when he manages the baseball team. Even though he is regarded as a poor manager because the team always loses; he still gets serious and orders the others when in that position. (even yelling at Lucy, of all people, whe she's doing something silly).
Other than that, I would go with INFP.
In any case, introverted, informing and cooperative.

Lucy: obviously Choleric (In Charge). So either ENTJ or maybe ESTJ. But I don't think she's really a cooperative Guardian, so most likely the "Fieldmarshall".
ESFJ [SanMel]? NO WAY!!!

Linus. Melancholy (Chart the Course); doesn't really need people, and probably also Guardian. That would suggest ISTJ. But then he could be informing, which would be ISFJ. (He and Charlie Brown seem rather similar in type). He might seem more "intellectual", but he does not seem "pragmatic" like an NT at all, but rather cooperative.

Sally: Get things Going, which is informing, but with a bossy streak. ESFJ or ENTP. Probably the latter, because she does seem rather pragmatic, and fits the ENTP's rambunctiousness, especially in some classroom scenes I vaguely remember.

Schroeder: musically artistic pure Melancholy. (ISTJ) Leave me alone; don't bother me (when playing Beethoven). In Keirsey's theories, artisticness is associated with SP, but in older temperament theory, it is associated with the Melancholic. The ISTP, combining both temperaments is probably the most artistic, but I don't see Schroeder as being pragmatic and motive-oriented.

Peppermint Patty: In Charge, but does not seem particularly structure-focused. So perhaps ENFJ or ESTP.

Marcie: introverted, informing, cooperative and motive focused: INFP.

The old Patty and Violet: perhaps INTJ's, they way they used to just tear into Charlie Brown, and often for nothing at all. Lucy is the one who gets the bad rap, and even Peppermint Patty sometimes, while the other Patty and Violet are largely forgotten about, and basically dropped out of the series in the late 60's, when the new Patty, Marcie, Woodstock, etc. came along. But both Lucy and Peppermint Patty are simply very expressive. They would jump on Charlie Brown when he did something, like lose the game. Those other two were not as initially expressive, yet poured all this venom for Charlie Brown a lot of the times, particularly in the early 60's comics (which I grew up with in the "selected comics" books, and now have in the exhaustive "Complete Peanuts" series).

Snoopy: He's a dog. But then Pavlov did assign temperaments for dogs. He would obviously be "Lively" (Sanguine). A conation temperament and exact MBTI type would be harder to assign, since that I would think is more "human". If you must, then perhaps ESFP.

The Grey Badger

MBTI Type
INTP

Charlie Brown-ISFP
Linus-INTP
Lucy-ESTJ
Snoopy-ENFP
Peppermint Patty-ESTP

What do you guys think?

Sounds right to me!

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Charlie Brown oozes ISFJ

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Feel free to pick and poke at this, but I think Charlie is an ENFP, believe it or no. My dad, who has been working with MBTI for 20years+ now, agrees, being an ENFP himself. You must understand, too, the context of the setting. The stories were written around the 50's or 60's? correct me if I'm wrong, but they still are somewhat old. Also, Charlie Brown plays a kid who isn't necessarily accepted or liked by his peers, so it bends his personality a little. I still stand by ENFP.

Edit: I noticed someone had listen Linus as an ISTJ, which i'd have to highly disagree with. He is totally an INFP! Always have something wise, humble, and deep to say, and I'm nearly 100% sure (which is rare), as I use to be a huuuge fan of the Peanuts, and got to know the characters very well.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I look at everything through the Galenic temperaments, and then translate it to MBTI through the Keirsey temperaments ("conative": action skills) and Berens Interaction Styles (social skills).

So: using
ESF/ENP (extraverted, informing); SP (pragmatic, motive): Sanguine
IST/INJ (introverted, directing); SJ (cooperative, structure): Melancholic
EST/ENJ (extraverted, directing); NT (pragmatic, structure): Choleric
ISF/INP (introverted, informing); NF (cooperative, motive): Phlegmatic

Charlie Brown: I would agree as ISFJ. As "wishy-washy" as he may be (from the Behind the Scenes style) he does seem to have the concrete structure-focus of the SJ. Like when he manages the baseball team. Even though he is regarded as a poor manager because the team always loses; he still gets serious and orders the others when in that position. (even yelling at Lucy, of all people, whe she's doing something silly).
Other than that, I would go with INFP.
In any case, introverted, informing and cooperative.

Lucy: obviously Choleric (In Charge). So either ENTJ or maybe ESTJ. But I don't think she's really a cooperative Guardian, so most likely the "Fieldmarshall".
ESFJ [SanMel]? NO WAY!!!

Linus. Melancholy (Chart the Course); doesn't really need people, and probably also Guardian. That would suggest ISTJ. But then he could be informing, which would be ISFJ. (He and Charlie Brown seem rather similar in type). He might seem more "intellectual", but he does not seem "pragmatic" like an NT at all, but rather cooperative.

Sally: Get things Going, which is informing, but with a bossy streak. ESFJ or ENTP. Probably the latter, because she does seem rather pragmatic, and fits the ENTP's rambunctiousness, especially in some classroom scenes I vaguely remember.

Schroeder: musically artistic pure Melancholy. (ISTJ) Leave me alone; don't bother me (when playing Beethoven). In Keirsey's theories, artisticness is associated with SP, but in older temperament theory, it is associated with the Melancholic. The ISTP, combining both temperaments is probably the most artistic, but I don't see Schroeder as being pragmatic and motive-oriented.

Peppermint Patty: In Charge, but does not seem particularly structure-focused. So perhaps ENFJ or ESTP.

The old Patty and Violet: perhaps INTJ's, they way they used to just tear into Charlie Brown, and often for nothing at all. Lucy is the one who gets the bad rap, and even Peppermint Patty sometimes, while the other Patty and Violet are largely forgotten about, and basically dropped out of the series in the late 60's, when the new Patty, Marcie, Woodstock, etc. came along. But both Lucy and Peppermint Patty are simply very expressive. They would jump on Charlie Brown when he did something, like lose the game. Those other two were not as initially expressive, yet poured all this venom for Charlie Brown a lot of the times, particularly in the early 60's comics (which I grew up with in the "selected comics" books, and now have in the exhaustive "Complete Peanuts" series).

Snoopy: He's a dog. But then Pavlov did assign temperaments for dogs. He would obviously be "Lively" (Sanguine). A conation temperament and exact MBTI type would be harder to assign, since that I would think is more "human". If you must, then perhaps ESFP.

I don't always agree with the Meloncholic; It's a crude over generalization, and just because someone appears as meloncholic, like Linus, doesn't mean that they're automatically an ISTJ or whatever.

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2

Marcie is NF? I thought she was certainly an INT of some kind.

Funny enough, Marcie has always been my favorite Peanuts character and I'm apparently pretty close to her (INFX).

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Charlie Brown is no ISFP.

If there's an ISFP in Peanuts, it's probably Pigpen. Maybe Schroeder, but I think he's more likely ISTP.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Snoopy: ENTP
Charlie Brown: ISTP
Sally: ESFP
Lucy: ESTJ (or ESFJ)
Linus: INTP
Schroeder: INFP
Woodstock: ISFP
Peppermint Patty: ESTP
Marcie: ISFJ

Last edited:

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Charlie Brown - ISFJ (no way Charlie Brown is risk-taking and fun)
Linus - INTP
Lucy - ENTP
Snoopy - INFP
Sally - ESFJ

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't always agree with the Meloncholic; It's a crude over generalization, and just because someone appears as meloncholic, like Linus, doesn't mean that they're automatically an ISTJ or whatever.

I wrote that a while ago, and have come to understand the functions better.
I'm still not sure about Linus. Others are saying INTP. Maybe so, but I'll have to think about it. I just didn't picture him as NT. But he does have a bit of that "Lucy" tough-minded streak in him at times (I still say she's ExTJ), like when he got mad at Snoopy in a Boy Named charlie Brown. So maybe so. And INTP's do appear as melancholics because of the I and T combination.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I wrote that a while ago, and have come to understand the functions better.
I'm still not sure about Linus. Others are saying INTP. Maybe so, but I'll have to think about it. I just didn't picture him as NT. But he does have a bit of that "Lucy" tough-minded streak in him at times (I still say she's ExTJ), like when he got mad at Snoopy in a Boy Named charlie Brown. So maybe so. And INTP's do appear as melancholics because of the I and T combination.

I agree, Lucy is some sort of EXTJ. Linus, though, is a tough one. The Christmas episode with the pitiful tree paints him a bit NF.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Snoopy: ENTP
Charlie Brown: ISFJ
Sally: ESFP
Lucy: ESTJ
Linus: INTP
Schroeder: INFP
Woodstock: ISFP
Peppermint Patty: ESTP
Marcie: ISFJ

Snydley

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Sorry for the resurection, but I didn't feel like starting a new thread about this.

I saw on this page, too, that Linus was listed as INTP.
INTP - Introverted Thinking with Intuition

No way! I don't know what type Linus is, but he is definitely not INTP.

Calvin from Calvin & Hobbes--yes. Linus--no.