User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    I look at everything through the Galenic temperaments, and then translate it to MBTI through the Keirsey temperaments ("conative": action skills) and Berens Interaction Styles (social skills).

So: using
    ESF/ENP (extraverted, informing); SP (pragmatic, motive): Sanguine
    IST/INJ (introverted, directing); SJ (cooperative, structure): Melancholic
    EST/ENJ (extraverted, directing); NT (pragmatic, structure): Choleric
    ISF/INP (introverted, informing); NF (cooperative, motive): Phlegmatic

Charlie Brown: I would agree as ISFJ. As "wishy-washy" as he may be (from the Behind the Scenes style) he does seem to have the concrete structure-focus of the SJ. Like when he manages the baseball team. Even though he is regarded as a poor manager because the team always loses; he still gets serious and orders the others when in that position. (even yelling at Lucy, of all people, whe she's doing something silly).
    Other than that, I would go with INFP.
    In any case, introverted, informing and cooperative.

Lucy: obviously Choleric (In Charge). So either ENTJ or maybe ESTJ. But I don't think she's really a cooperative Guardian, so most likely the "Fieldmarshall".
    ESFJ [SanMel]? NO WAY!!!

Linus. Melancholy (Chart the Course); doesn't really need people, and probably also Guardian. That would suggest ISTJ. But then he could be informing, which would be ISFJ. (He and Charlie Brown seem rather similar in type). He might seem more "intellectual", but he does not seem "pragmatic" like an NT at all, but rather cooperative.

Sally: Get things Going, which is informing, but with a bossy streak. ESFJ or ENTP. Probably the latter, because she does seem rather pragmatic, and fits the ENTP's rambunctiousness, especially in some classroom scenes I vaguely remember.

Schroeder: musically artistic pure Melancholy. (ISTJ) Leave me alone; don't bother me (when playing Beethoven). In Keirsey's theories, artisticness is associated with SP, but in older temperament theory, it is associated with the Melancholic. The ISTP, combining both temperaments is probably the most artistic, but I don't see Schroeder as being pragmatic and motive-oriented.

Peppermint Patty: In Charge, but does not seem particularly structure-focused. So perhaps ENFJ or ESTP.

Marcie: introverted, informing, cooperative and motive focused: INFP.

The old Patty and Violet: perhaps INTJ's, they way they used to just tear into Charlie Brown, and often for nothing at all. Lucy is the one who gets the bad rap, and even Peppermint Patty sometimes, while the other Patty and Violet are largely forgotten about, and basically dropped out of the series in the late 60's, when the new Patty, Marcie, Woodstock, etc. came along. But both Lucy and Peppermint Patty are simply very expressive. They would jump on Charlie Brown when he did something, like lose the game. Those other two were not as initially expressive, yet poured all this venom for Charlie Brown a lot of the times, particularly in the early 60's comics (which I grew up with in the "selected comics" books, and now have in the exhaustive "Complete Peanuts" series).

Snoopy: He's a dog. But then Pavlov did assign temperaments for dogs. He would obviously be "Lively" (Sanguine). A conation temperament and exact MBTI type would be harder to assign, since that I would think is more "human". If you must, then perhaps ESFP.
    I don't always agree with the Meloncholic; It's a crude over generalization, and just because someone appears as meloncholic, like Linus, doesn't mean that they're automatically an ISTJ or whatever.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Marcie: introverted, informing, cooperative and motive focused: INFP.
    Marcie is NF? I thought she was certainly an INT of some kind.

Funny enough, Marcie has always been my favorite Peanuts character and I'm apparently pretty close to her (INFX).

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Charlie Brown is no ISFP.

If there's an ISFP in Peanuts, it's probably Pigpen. Maybe Schroeder, but I think he's more likely ISTP.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Snoopy: ENTP
    Charlie Brown: ISTP
    Sally: ESFP
    Lucy: ESTJ (or ESFJ)
    Linus: INTP
    Schroeder: INFP
    Woodstock: ISFP
    Peppermint Patty: ESTP
    Marcie: ISFJ
    Last edited by Speed Gavroche; 01-18-2009 at 10:54 AM.

MBTI
    I

Charlie Brown - ISFJ (no way Charlie Brown is risk-taking and fun)
    Linus - INTP
    Lucy - ENTP
    Snoopy - INFP
    Sally - ESFJ

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I don't always agree with the Meloncholic; It's a crude over generalization, and just because someone appears as meloncholic, like Linus, doesn't mean that they're automatically an ISTJ or whatever.
    I wrote that a while ago, and have come to understand the functions better.
    I'm still not sure about Linus. Others are saying INTP. Maybe so, but I'll have to think about it. I just didn't picture him as NT. But he does have a bit of that "Lucy" tough-minded streak in him at times (I still say she's ExTJ), like when he got mad at Snoopy in a Boy Named charlie Brown. So maybe so. And INTP's do appear as melancholics because of the I and T combination.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I wrote that a while ago, and have come to understand the functions better.
    I'm still not sure about Linus. Others are saying INTP. Maybe so, but I'll have to think about it. I just didn't picture him as NT. But he does have a bit of that "Lucy" tough-minded streak in him at times (I still say she's ExTJ), like when he got mad at Snoopy in a Boy Named charlie Brown. So maybe so. And INTP's do appear as melancholics because of the I and T combination.
    I agree, Lucy is some sort of EXTJ. Linus, though, is a tough one. The Christmas episode with the pitiful tree paints him a bit NF.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I agree, Lucy is some sort of EXTJ.
    My guess is she's either ENTJ or ENTP, she fits those qualities quite well. She reminds me of my dad, who's an ENTx.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Snoopy: ENTP
    Charlie Brown: ISFJ
    Sally: ESFP
    Lucy: ESTJ
    Linus: INTP
    Schroeder: INFP
    Woodstock: ISFP
    Peppermint Patty: ESTP
    Marcie: ISFJ

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Sorry for the resurection, but I didn't feel like starting a new thread about this.

I saw on this page, too, that Linus was listed as INTP.
    INTP - Introverted Thinking with Intuition

No way! I don't know what type Linus is, but he is definitely not INTP.

Calvin from Calvin & Hobbes--yes. Linus--no.