• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Terence Mckenna

Komakino

From Wikipedia:
Terence Kemp McKenna (November 16, 1946 – April 3, 2000) was an American writer mainly on the subject of psychedelic drugs and their role in society, and existence beyond the physical body. He was also a public speaker, psychonaut, ethnobotanist, art historian, and self-described anarchist, anti-materialist, environmentalist, feminist, Platonist and skeptic. During his lifetime he was noted for his knowledge of psychedelics, metaphysics, plant-based entheogens, shamanism, mysticism, Hermeticism, Neoplatonism, biology, geology, physics, phenomenology, and his concept of novelty theory.
Any thoughts on his type? INTP was my first thought, but I could see INFJ, or maybe something else.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
his type can be no other than ACID. seriously, i think he has done so much psychedelics that he can no longer be typed with mbti

Cybin

MBTI Type
INFP
I think he was INFJ and his brother was INTP. Though I could see INTP for him easily. As a third choice, INFP.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
nf over intp because he more actively seeks out eye contact, validation.
Abundance of technical language.
Primarily concerned with social webbing...

...but doesn't express so/sp e4 anxiety.

So I think there's a good chance he's an so/sp e91 infj.

The_World_As_Will

nf over intp because he more actively seeks out eye contact, validation.
Abundance of technical language.
Primarily concerned with social webbing...

...but doesn't express so/sp e4 anxiety.

So I think there's a good chance he's an so/sp e91 infj.

I don't see the so/sp need for a 'group' with him, and not the social stereotype of wanting to appease the group but an sp sense of structure with terence. - See the two videos below, And why are apparently all the really out-there, rather trippy people automatically assumed INFJ, I think that there is a large bias there that isn't accurate. He could easily be an INFP or an INTP (not familiar with his brother as it was stated earlier that he was an INTP) , I think people on the forum make this assumption that INTP= this sort of contained, rational 'bot', heh Under the use of Psychedelics INTPs can use a vast amount of Fe. I wouldn't under-estimate INP's and their capacity.

[YOUTUBE="iYB0VW5x8fI"]Culture is not your friend[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="9c8an2XZ3MU"]Culture is your operating system[/YOUTUBE]

Cybin

MBTI Type
INFP
Really, the reason I said INFJ and INTP for his brother was only because he was the face and the spokesperson of the duo, and his brother was delving into the sciences. Terrence devoted his life to spreading his message. He states over and over again not to listen to his words literally, but to try to hear the underlying message he wanted to get across. My instinct would attribute those qualities to NiFe first, but absolutely not out of the question for TiNe. His brother eventually got bored, decided Terrence took too many drugs, and went off to study other interests. I say INTP for him, but it's a wild guess based on mostly Terrence's word which sounded like they had a strong Ti-Fe thing going.

INFP is my last choice, but mostly because I don't have a reason to think he wasn't so much as I feel INFJ and INTP fit better.

á´…eparted

passages
I am a huge advocate for psychadelic use for a lot of reasons. However, I really do not like McKenna at all. He doesn't get it and spots way too much crazy, and overall is just a bad influence.

Ace_

MBTI Type
TNT
well, INxx for sure, but he does seem like a deep thinker, very logical