• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Buckminster Fuller: What kind of NT was he?

Usehername

On a mission
Wikipedia and his website have convinced me that he's an NT. But, what kind of an NT was he?

Can people discuss him? I've heard of the "buckyball" before and vaguely heard his name, but i've only stumbled across becoming interested in him by reading a quote he spoke.

nemo

Enneagram
<3
It may just be me, but he seems to be an almost stereotypical ENTP.

Usehername

On a mission
I was leaning more toward Ne for him, however, this made me wonder if a P could hold a compulsion this long:

Fuller documented his life every 15 minutes from 1915 to 1983, leaving 80 meters (270 feet) of journals. He called this the Dymaxion Chronofile. That is said to be the most documented human life in history. (Wikipedia)

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
Put me down for ENTP as well. Some of the anecdotes from people who met him said he was very high energy (even in his later years) and allude to his hedonism.

His philosophies seemed very humanist oriented rather than purely abstract (which seems to be a tendency in ENTPs who go that route) and his writing style seem more folksy than I imagine the other NTs to write. I could see how others would see his writing style as bufoonish. I had to work really hard not to use long run on sentences and making up words that seemed too make sense to me but broke rules of grammar.

Also, bufoonish keeps showing up in ENTP bios. I never hear that applied to other NTs.

Last edited:

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
He's my hero.

Watch your mouths.

MerkW

I was leaning more toward Ne for him, however, this made me wonder if a P could hold a compulsion this long:

Fuller documented his life every 15 minutes from 1915 to 1983, leaving 80 meters (270 feet) of journals. He called this the Dymaxion Chronofile. That is said to be the most documented human life in history. (Wikipedia)

Rather rare for a P, I do agree, yet I could still see myself (a P) doing something like this. I think this is more of a manifestation of some form of neurosis entirely separate of Jungian personality type.

nemo

Enneagram
<3

Weird. I missed this.

But I agree with Merkw -- I wonder if anyone could hold a compulsion like that for long. It seems unusual even for Js. I would think, then, that it's a manifestation of something else.