User Tag List

First 1234 Last

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    hahaha, you obviously haven't romantically seen many ENFPs or ESFPs, we're great in bed FP males have a much better sense of sensuality and are better at satisfying their partners. of course, if the feelers you've slept with where underconfident and overly emotional, I can see why you'd say this. your average Casanova or Don Juan is probably an ENFP 7.
    Omg! You guys are sooo cute!

*pinches your cheeks*

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

hahaha, you obviously haven't romantically seen many ENFPs or ESFPs, we're great in bed FP males have a much better sense of sensuality and are better at satisfying their partners. of course, if the feelers you've slept with where underconfident and overly emotional, I can see why you'd say this. your average Casanova or Don Juan is probably an ENFP 7.
    You know how they say: "the ones who need to brag with it, can only suck at it"
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

my question was poorly written. I was not suggesting that men should be more emotional or irrational (this is a HUGE misunderstanding about Feelers, especially FPs. many of us are less emotional than most Ts). I just wish guys would be more open with their F side. for instance, being more romantic, appreciating art more, being more empathetic and being better with children and more openly affectionate. I know not all guys are good at all these things, but sometimes I feel like a freak being an NF male and I think there are a lot more male Fs out there than I'm seeing.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    You know how they say: "the ones who need to brag with it, can only suck at it"
    lol, I wasn't really referring to myself actually. I'm gay that being said, I'm sure there are a lot of straight guys out there who are F.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Well appreciating art will be difficult for me and I am not a big fan of clichees, so I dunno for romantic. But with being more openly affectionate and empathetic you're right, I'll need to improve on that and others could aswell

MBTI
    INTJ

It's funny to identify male feelers who don't recognize that they are feelers or even deny it. Some fight it as if it an insult to their masculinity.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    It's funny to identify male feelers who don't recognize that they are feelers or even deny it. Some fight it as if it an insult to their masculinity.
    Yes tho the greatest challenge would be being able to show ones emotions and still not loosing the respect as a masculine authority figure. I tell you people are just afraid of challenges, they dont appreciate the fun in choosing to go on the toughest way

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Well appreciating art will be difficult for me and I am not a big fan of clichees, so I dunno for romantic. But with being more openly affectionate and empathetic you're right, I'll need to improve on that and others could aswell
    I think a lot of women need to be LESS empathetic sometimes. several women I know take it too far and expect people to empathize with every little thing they do. if you are not empathetic about everything, it's probably a good thing (although as you said, getting better at it never hurts). for instance, if someone is exhibited emotionally neurotic, unstable, clingy or unhealthy behavior, being too warm and F-ish with things can actually encourage them to continue this behavior. in this case, empathy is good for finding out the cause of this behavior and letting them know what they're really doing and how they should deal with their problems more effectively (this is a good example of using N, F and T at the same time)

MBTI
    INTJ

Yes tho the greatest challenge would be being able to show ones emotions and still not loosing the respect as a masculine authority figure. I tell you people are just afraid of challenges, they dont appreciate the fun in choosing to go on the toughest way
    I have a few F guy friends who aren't afraid to show it. It's admirable; I think they've rubbed off on me somehat. I just don't do the crying LOL

I think a lot of women need to be LESS empathetic sometimes. several women I know take it too far and expect people to empathize with every little thing they do. if you are not empathetic about everything, it's probably a good thing (although as you said, getting better at it never hurts). for instance, if someone is exhibited emotionally neurotic, unstable, clingy or unhealthy behavior, being too warm and F-ish with things can actually encourage them to continue this behavior. in this case, empathy is good for finding out the cause of this behavior and letting them know what they're really doing and how they should deal with their problems more effectively (this is a good example of using N, F and T at the same time)

I'm just as critical as I am empathetic. They go hand in hand as far I'm concerned. Where there may be strong empathy in one place, there could be disappointment somewhere else. And this isn't exactly out of the ordinary for men.. I think many men unashamedly do it all of the time. For example, if I was out and about and invited to a party.. and noticed that everyone was trying to ditch some guy or girl, impolitely leaving them hanging or something, I might be disgusted in all of them, punk them out right to their faces, and not go myself... convinced that it was a bad idea and a waste of my time to hang out with people like that. I mean, what's really in the forefront is my own particular point of view and what's being violated. Not empathy. Empathy is a byproduct of that. And it's selective. If that makes sense. I don't empathize as a thing in and of itself. If anything, that's probably more common with Fe. To contrast it with the Fi definition given above:

The process of extraverted Feeling often involves a desire to connect with (or disconnect from) others and is often evidenced by expressions of warmth (or displeasure) and self-disclosure. The “social graces,” such as being polite, being nice, being friendly, being considerate, and being appropriate, often revolve around the process of extraverted Feeling. Keeping in touch, laughing at jokes when others laugh, and trying to get people to act kindly to each other also involve extraverted Feeling. Using this process, we respond according to expressed or even unexpressed wants and needs of others. We may ask people what they want or need or self-disclose to prompt them to talk more about themselves. This often sparks conversation and lets us know more about them so we can better adjust our behavior to them. Often with this process, we feel pulled to be responsible and take care of others’ feelings, sometimes to the point of not separating our feelings from theirs. We may recognize and adhere to shared values, feelings, and social norms to get along.