First 1234 Last

Thread: Hayao Miyazaki

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    EXPP

Miyazaki screams F from Nausicaa. His imagination is so rich, he must be an I. I would say he's an N because his characters are delightfully oblivious, yet oddly keen (ENFP). I doubt he's a J.

I feel like he's in the higher numbers of the spectrum. I don't think 7, but maybe. Not 8. DEFINITELY NOT 6! 9 feels right.
    a cat is fine too

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by chachamaru View Post
    Miyazaki screams F from Nausicaa. His imagination is so rich, he must be an I. I would say he's an N because his characters are delightfully oblivious, yet oddly keen (ENFP). I doubt he's a J.
    I feel like he's in the higher numbers of the spectrum. I don't think 7, but maybe. Not 8. DEFINITELY NOT 6! 9 feels right.
    Thanks for the feedback, chachamaru!

bolded: Well, imagination isn't limited to introverts, is it? Dr. Seuss was an ENFP, after all.

underlined: Don't forget, though, INFJs are the most P-ish Js of the MBTI.

bold + underlined: Is there something about "the higher numbers" that differs from the "lower" ones? Or are you talking about Centers?

Again, thanx!

PS: Did you watch the videos I posted? That's where I got the INFJ impression from.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

my guess is xNFP. he is so comfortable with the abstract, with dualities...and concerns himself with characters who feel isolated from the physical world (or who are in it, and fail miserably hehe). and his portrayal of Lady Eboshi in Princess Mononoke was from the *other* side of the table. he's no ENTJ anyway. the man.

miyazaki!

p.s.
    Quote Originally Posted by chachamaru View Post
    delightfully oblivious, yet oddly keen (ENFP).
    ENFP!

(now who's in whose head?)
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, chachamaru!

bolded: Well, imagination isn't limited to introverts, is it? Dr. Seuss was an ENFP, after all.

underlined: Don't forget, though, INFJs are the most P-ish Js of the MBTI.

bold + underlined: Is there something about "the higher numbers" that differs from the "lower" ones? Or are you talking about Centers?

Again, thanx!

PS: Did you watch the videos I posted? That's where I got the INFJ impression from.
    actually, I've always thought INTJs were the least J of the Js.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    actually, I've always thought INTJs were the least J of the Js.
    I dunno, Te seems to make them more "solid"...

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

ENFJ, INFJ, or ISFP, is what I've narrowed it down to in order from most likely to least likely. Enneagram 9w1 sx/so.

ENFJ is probably most likely, because 1. it's main functions are Fe and Ni, both of which Miyazaki use, and 2. he may have some Se in him, but I see no Ti.

At first I got the idea of Se from Orangey when she mentioned how Miyazaki often made films around nature and protecting it, or Fi+Se. But as I see it, his care for nature and other parts of the world seems more Fe driven with some Se. I naddition he clearly uses Ni, especially in how he recognizes that movies lose a crucial aspect after 30 years because they are generally made for the audience of that time (Ni+Se). He also seems to be extremely polite and easygoing, with a calm yet mysterious demeanor and care for the world; Fe.

I choose 9 because I don't see any other hint of any other enneagram in him. He seems to me a peacemaker, evident in his movies if anywhere else, with a 1 streak of idealistic perfection. He also talks a lot about close freidnships and the importance of others, which is also evident in his films; lot's of strong character relations and concern for others.

So yeah ENFJ 9w1 sx/so.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Thanks for the feedback, Savage Idealist! I'm not sure I see Miyazaki as an extrovert, though... He seems pretty reserved in the interview clips I posted...

Fun fact: I thought he was a P type when I heard he'd tried to retire several times, until I discovered why he did that. Typology never ceases to suprise me!

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Fe doms can come off as introverted due to their inherent nature, that is maintaining respect for the social atmosphere. Also he's a nine, and nines are generally more reserved.

Typology nerver ceases to amaze me either

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Fe doms can come off as introverted due to their inherent nature, that is maintaining respect for the social atmosphere. Also he's a nine, and nines are generally more reserved.

Typology nerver ceases to amaze me either
    Hmmm... I'd think Fe doms come across as pretty extroverted, but maybe I'm thinking of ESFJ 2w3s like my dad. The point about Nine still stands, though.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by Viridian
    Hmmm... I'd think Fe doms come across as pretty extroverted, but maybe I'm thinking of ESFJ 2w3s like my dad.
    Fe doms can be very extroverted, just not as often as a Se, Te, or Ne dom would.

The point about Nine still stands, though.
    Exactly