• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hayao Miyazaki

chachamaru

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Miyazaki screams F from Nausicaa. His imagination is so rich, he must be an I. I would say he's an N because his characters are delightfully oblivious, yet oddly keen (ENFP). I doubt he's a J.

I feel like he's in the higher numbers of the spectrum. I don't think 7, but maybe. Not 8. DEFINITELY NOT 6! 9 feels right.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Miyazaki screams F from Nausicaa. His imagination is so rich, he must be an I. I would say he's an N because his characters are delightfully oblivious, yet oddly keen (ENFP). I doubt he's a J.
I feel like he's in the higher numbers of the spectrum. I don't think 7, but maybe. Not 8. DEFINITELY NOT 6! 9 feels right.

Thanks for the feedback, chachamaru!

bolded: Well, imagination isn't limited to introverts, is it? Dr. Seuss was an ENFP, after all. :wink:

underlined: Don't forget, though, INFJs are the most P-ish Js of the MBTI.

bold + underlined: Is there something about "the higher numbers" that differs from the "lower" ones? Or are you talking about Centers?

Again, thanx! :hug:

PS: Did you watch the videos I posted? That's where I got the INFJ impression from.

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
my guess is xNFP. he is so comfortable with the abstract, with dualities...and concerns himself with characters who feel isolated from the physical world (or who are in it, and fail miserably hehe). and his portrayal of Lady Eboshi in Princess Mononoke was from the *other* side of the table. he's no ENTJ ;) anyway. :heart: the man.

miyazaki! :solidarity:

p.s.
delightfully oblivious, yet oddly keen (ENFP).

ENFP! :solidarity:

(now who's in whose head?) :hug:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for the feedback, chachamaru!

bolded: Well, imagination isn't limited to introverts, is it? Dr. Seuss was an ENFP, after all. :wink:

underlined: Don't forget, though, INFJs are the most P-ish Js of the MBTI.

bold + underlined: Is there something about "the higher numbers" that differs from the "lower" ones? Or are you talking about Centers?

Again, thanx! :hug:

PS: Did you watch the videos I posted? That's where I got the INFJ impression from.

actually, I've always thought INTJs were the least J of the Js.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENFJ, INFJ, or ISFP, is what I've narrowed it down to in order from most likely to least likely. Enneagram 9w1 sx/so.

ENFJ is probably most likely, because 1. it's main functions are Fe and Ni, both of which Miyazaki use, and 2. he may have some Se in him, but I see no Ti.

At first I got the idea of Se from Orangey when she mentioned how Miyazaki often made films around nature and protecting it, or Fi+Se. But as I see it, his care for nature and other parts of the world seems more Fe driven with some Se. I naddition he clearly uses Ni, especially in how he recognizes that movies lose a crucial aspect after 30 years because they are generally made for the audience of that time (Ni+Se). He also seems to be extremely polite and easygoing, with a calm yet mysterious demeanor and care for the world; Fe.

I choose 9 because I don't see any other hint of any other enneagram in him. He seems to me a peacemaker, evident in his movies if anywhere else, with a 1 streak of idealistic perfection. He also talks a lot about close freidnships and the importance of others, which is also evident in his films; lot's of strong character relations and concern for others.

So yeah ENFJ 9w1 sx/so.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Thanks for the feedback, Savage Idealist! I'm not sure I see Miyazaki as an extrovert, though... He seems pretty reserved in the interview clips I posted... :thinking:

Fun fact: I thought he was a P type when I heard he'd tried to retire several times, until I discovered why he did that. Typology never ceases to suprise me! :laugh:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Fe doms can come off as introverted due to their inherent nature, that is maintaining respect for the social atmosphere. Also he's a nine, and nines are generally more reserved.

Typology nerver ceases to amaze me either :)

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Fe doms can come off as introverted due to their inherent nature, that is maintaining respect for the social atmosphere. Also he's a nine, and nines are generally more reserved.

Typology nerver ceases to amaze me either :)

Hmmm... I'd think Fe doms come across as pretty extroverted, but maybe I'm thinking of ESFJ 2w3s like my dad. :laugh: The point about Nine still stands, though. :yes:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Viridian
Hmmm... I'd think Fe doms come across as pretty extroverted, but maybe I'm thinking of ESFJ 2w3s like my dad. :laugh:

Fe doms can be very extroverted, just not as often as a Se, Te, or Ne dom would. :yes:

The point about Nine still stands, though. :yes:

Exactly :yes: