• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Homestuck

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
A lovely webcomic by Andrew Hussie. Can be found here: http://www.mspaintadventures.com

It's pretty complex, but, if you have a week off or something, I'd recommend browsing the full archive. :)

Here's my guess at the characters' types:

("?" indicates bigger uncertainty on my part)

John Egbert: ISFJ? (an F type, for sure), 6w7 or maybe 9w1
Rose Lalonde: INFJ, 5w4
Dave Strider: xSTP, 6w7 or 7w6
Jade Harley: xNFP, 9w8

WV: INFJ?, 1w2
PM: ISFJ, 1w9?
AR: ISTJ, 6w5?

Aradia Megido: ISTP?, 5w4 (After her death, at least; I'm not sure of her type before it)
Tavros Nitram: INFP, 9w1? or 6w7
Sollux Captor: INTP, 5w6
Karkat Vantas: ESTJ, 6w5 (counterphobic as hell)
Nepeta Leijon: xNFP, 9w8
Kanaya Maryam: INFJ, 1w2 ("You don't meddle, you help, dammit!" ;))
Terezi Pyrope: ENTP or ENTJ, 8w9?
Vriska Serket: ENTJ (overblown Se), 7w8 or 8w7 (BLUH BLUH HUGE BITCH)
Equius Zahhak: xSTJ, 6w7?
Gamzee Makara: ISFP, 9w8 (when under the sopor slime's influence)
Eridan Ampora: INTJ, 4w5 (they do exist, right?)
Feferi Peixes: xNFP, 9w1

Divergences? Comments? Objections? (those are Terezi's department ;))

> Viridian: Send post.

Last edited:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Small correction: Equius seems, in hindsight, more of a 6w5. Like Sollux, he's a technician, but unlike him, he's very attentive to the societal "chain of command".

Dunno about the guardians, but John's dad seems like an ISFJ 6w7.

Hussie himself sounds like a NT of some sort, maybe a Five. (I've heard he has no head for the details of everyday living, but every plot thread of the comic is clear as day in his mind, which sounds like a 5ish thing to say)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A lovely webcomic by Andrew Hussie. Can be found here: http://www.mspaintadventures.com

It's pretty complex, but, if you have a week off or something, I'd recommend browsing the full archive. :)

Aradia Megido: ISTP?, 5w4 (After her death, at least; I'm not sure of her type before it)

of course INTJ 4s exist. where else do you think people got the idea for vampires? :tongue10:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
of course INTJ 4s exist. where else do you think people got the idea for vampires? :tongue10:

Oddly enough. there is a vampire in the comic, but it's not Eridan. :) And yeah, I'd thought as much, I just wanted to check if reading the comic didn't screw my brain.

Also, now that we're seeing more of Aradia under... less abnormal circumstances, I could see her as some kind of INFJ or INTP, though she stills gives off that 5w4 vibe - the "eccentric prophet".

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
As a small addendum, I believe Doc Scratch, while a nearly omniscient entity and therefore hard to type, gives off a strong INTJ vibe. I recently saw a post by an INTJ in this very forum and though, "Holy $#*%, that sounds exactly like something Scratch would say!" He also has that "I'm in control now" thing going on. :newwink:

Just sayin'.

Kastor

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Baw, I can't believe I missed this.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Baw, I can't believe I missed this.

You're a fan, too? Man, I thought I was the only one here who had even heard of the comic... :laugh:

In hindsight, though, I think Nepeta's more of a xSFP and that Vriska might be an ESTP. :thinking:

Kastor

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hugely so :B I've started a thread for it on PCafe if you ever wander over there :]

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Hugely so :B I've started a thread for it on PCafe if you ever wander over there :]

This one, right? Liked it a lot. :) (Don't have a PerC account, tho. :()

I was quoted? I feel so... honored. :blush:

I'm surprised at how many people type Rose as INTJ - I struggled with her type quite a lot, but when I thought INFJ, I was all [FACEPALM 3X COMBO!]. Her handle is, after all, tentacleTherapist. ;)

Kastor

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah! 8D It's mainly the reason why I came back here XD

I think it's because she comes off rather cold-ish :T

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Yeah! 8D It's mainly the reason why I came back here XD

I think it's because she comes off rather cold-ish :T

I think it's due to her being a 5w4... Plus, INFJs have tertiary Ti as a function, and INFxs can be pretty intellectual as well. (I'm not ruling out INTJ, I'm just pointing out my reasoning.)

The types of the Midnight Crew on that thread also seem pretty good, though it's been a while since I've read the Intermission...

Do you have any disagreements with my list and/or my subsequent alterations? I'm always open to feedback. :)

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Now that I'm more experienced with stackings, I thought I might try my hand at this...

John: 9w1 So/[Sp?]
Rose: 5w4 Sp/Sx
Dave: Not a clue. I'm even more confused about his E-Type now. :unsure:
Jade: 9w8 Sp/So?

Aradia: 5w4 So/Sx?
Tavros: 9w1 or 6w7 Sp/So, I think...
Sollux: 5w6 Sp/So?
Karkat: 6w7? Sx/So
Nepeta: 9w8 Sx/Sp
Kanaya: 1w2 So/Sx
Terezi: 8w9? So/[Sx?]
Vriska: 7w8 Sp/Sx?
Equius: 6w5 Sp/Sx
Gamzee: 9w8 Sx/So?
Eridan: 4w5 Sx/So
Feferi: 9w1 So/Sp?

Offog

MBTI Type
INTP
I enjoyed reading through Homestuck, but it's not that interesting from a typological perspective. The vast majority of the characters are Ne types, and most of those are Ne/Ti. Vriska and Terezi are both ENTP, as is Dave. Simply because characters are different people doesn't mean they aren't the same type. Rose is INTP. John and Jade are either INFP or ISFJ depending on whether you want to interpret them as Ne-aux or Fe-aux. I lean towards ISFJ.

snowy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hi, Viridian! I'm relatively new to enneagram types, but I've been a fan of Homestuck for a long time and it was really neat to find this thread here as I looked around. I had also thought of John as a 9w1, Karkat as a 6w7, and Rose as a 5w4 so I'm tickled at how much we agreed on those. I couldn't work out a type for the others on my own, so I'm glad someone more experienced has done it here already so I can glean your insights, haha.

You say you're not sure about Dave in your more recent post, so can I suggest a 3? The 3 description really put him in mind for me. Is it fair to say 3s are driven but concerned with image and how others see them? That sounds like him to me, he works very hard on his image and I think he basks a little in being admired. He seemed eaten up by his failure to reach god tier to the point of sounding a bit jealous of John, which may have been rooted in the 3's need to achieve and have worth. I'd put him as one of the more hardworking characters in Homestuck too. But really, the entire Type 3, Level 5 description from the enneagram institute website screams Dave to me:

Become image-conscious, highly concerned with how they are perceived. Begin to package themselves according to the expectations of others and what they need to do to be successful. Pragmatic and efficient, but also premeditated, losing touch with their own feelings beneath a smooth facade. Problems with intimacy, credibility, and "phoniness" emerge.

I don't have much experience in typing yet though, so correct me if I'm wrong. And for wings or stackings for Dave, I'm totally lost there!

Oh, and I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Reset-Kids, if you have enough information to analyze them like this. Reset-Bro at least seems 5-ish to me.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Hi, Viridian! I'm relatively new to enneagram types, but I've been a fan of Homestuck for a long time and it was really neat to find this thread here as I looked around. I had also thought of John as a 9w1, Karkat as a 6w7, and Rose as a 5w4 so I'm tickled at how much we agreed on those. I couldn't work out a type for the others on my own, so I'm glad someone more experienced has done it here already so I can glean your insights, haha.

Aw, thanks! I'm not that experienced, I just make good guesses... :blush:

TBH, I was kind of worried about making a thread about it, because Homestuck is like the new Big Thing On The Internet and people might be tired of seeing it referenced everywhere... :unsure:

You say you're not sure about Dave in your more recent post, so can I suggest a 3? The 3 description really put him in mind for me. Is it fair to say 3s are driven but concerned with image and how others see them? That sounds like him to me, he works very hard on his image and I think he basks a little in being admired. He seemed eaten up by his failure to reach god tier to the point of sounding a bit jealous of John, which may have been rooted in the 3's need to achieve and have worth. I'd put him as one of the more hardworking characters in Homestuck too. But really, the entire Type 3, Level 5 description from the enneagram institute website screams Dave to me:

I don't have much experience in typing yet though, so correct me if I'm wrong. And for wings or stackings for Dave, I'm totally lost there!

I admit Dave isn't a character I pay a lot of attention to... I do think 3 is pretty likely, though! It's hard to say how much is his own style and how much is classic big brother worship. :thinking:

Oh, and I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Reset-Kids, if you have enough information to analyze them like this. Reset-Bro at least seems 5-ish to me.

I don't have much of a handle on them just yet, to be frank. I welcome any suggestions on your part! This is a collective forum, after all. :yes:

Lottie

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think that Rose is more of an INTJ. She's too stoic to be INFJ.

As for the alpha kids (who I am intent on including, because I haven't seen anyone try to type them)...

Jane Crocker: xNTJ
Jake English: xSTP, probably ESTP
Roxy Lalonde: Most likely INFP, although she could be ENFP.
Dirk Strider: Dirk just stands out in my mind as such an INTJ.

I need to study up some more on enneagrams before I can decide that factor.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I think that Rose is more of an INTJ. She's too stoic to be INFJ.

Could be. I thought she was INFJ due to her tendency to psychoanalyze everyone, I guess...

Some INFJs with strong tertiary Ti can be pretty stoic, though.

As for the alpha kids (who I am intent on including, because I haven't seen anyone try to type them)...

Mmm, why? I'm curious, since I have no idea about her type. Even more muddled when you account for [mind control]...

Agreed, definitely an SP.

Also hard to say, since she is so tipsy all the time. I'm inclined towards ExFP, though.

I need to study up some more on enneagrams before I can decide that factor.

Oh, spot on! (Though I could see him as a Ti-dom, with his complex approach to humor and whatnot.) I'd say INTJ 5w6. :yes:

ebrietas

I'm new to typing and I'm very surprised to see some Homestuck fans on this forum.
I tried to type the alpha kids now that we know their personalities a little more.

Jane is an INFJ

Yep, totally ESTP.

Roxy is definitely an ENFP.

Definitely agree here.

Also what about the new trolls, Aranea, Meenah, and UU. I know it would be kinda hard typing them because we still not had much of them talking, especially Meenah.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I'm new to typing and I'm very surprised to see some Homestuck fans on this forum.
I tried to type the alpha kids now that we know their personalities a little more.

Hey, welcome! :)

Jane is an INFJ

That actually seems pretty plausible, although I'm not sure she's a Ni-dom.

Yep, totally ESTP.

I was actually thinking more along the lines of ESFP, with his childlike eagerness and ease to express emotion...

Roxy is definitely an ENFP.

Definitely agree here.

No dispute on my part! ;)

Also what about the new trolls, Aranea, Meenah, and UU. I know it would be kinda hard typing them because we still not had much of them talking, especially Meenah.

I dunno, we've barely seen them... UU's status is ambiguous, since we don't know for sure that her friendliness is not a ruse...

Lottie

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Vriska relies on luck too much to be an NT- Te-dom seems to suit her, though. ESTJ seems more fitting.