User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Homestuck

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kastor View Post
    Yeah! 8D It's mainly the reason why I came back here XD

I think it's because she comes off rather cold-ish :T
    I think it's due to her being a 5w4... Plus, INFJs have tertiary Ti as a function, and INFxs can be pretty intellectual as well. (I'm not ruling out INTJ, I'm just pointing out my reasoning.)

The types of the Midnight Crew on that thread also seem pretty good, though it's been a while since I've read the Intermission...

Do you have any disagreements with my list and/or my subsequent alterations? I'm always open to feedback.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Now that I'm more experienced with stackings, I thought I might try my hand at this...

John: 9w1 So/[Sp?]
    Rose: 5w4 Sp/Sx
    Dave: Not a clue. I'm even more confused about his E-Type now.
    Jade: 9w8 Sp/So?

Aradia: 5w4 So/Sx?
    Tavros: 9w1 or 6w7 Sp/So, I think...
    Sollux: 5w6 Sp/So?
    Karkat: 6w7? Sx/So
    Nepeta: 9w8 Sx/Sp
    Kanaya: 1w2 So/Sx
    Terezi: 8w9? So/[Sx?]
    Vriska: 7w8 Sp/Sx?
    Equius: 6w5 Sp/Sx
    Gamzee: 9w8 Sx/So?
    Eridan: 4w5 Sx/So
    Feferi: 9w1 So/Sp?
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    INTP

I enjoyed reading through Homestuck, but it's not that interesting from a typological perspective. The vast majority of the characters are Ne types, and most of those are Ne/Ti. Vriska and Terezi are both ENTP, as is Dave. Simply because characters are different people doesn't mean they aren't the same type. Rose is INTP. John and Jade are either INFP or ISFJ depending on whether you want to interpret them as Ne-aux or Fe-aux. I lean towards ISFJ.

MBTI
    INFJ

Hi, Viridian! I'm relatively new to enneagram types, but I've been a fan of Homestuck for a long time and it was really neat to find this thread here as I looked around. I had also thought of John as a 9w1, Karkat as a 6w7, and Rose as a 5w4 so I'm tickled at how much we agreed on those. I couldn't work out a type for the others on my own, so I'm glad someone more experienced has done it here already so I can glean your insights, haha.

You say you're not sure about Dave in your more recent post, so can I suggest a 3? The 3 description really put him in mind for me. Is it fair to say 3s are driven but concerned with image and how others see them? That sounds like him to me, he works very hard on his image and I think he basks a little in being admired. He seemed eaten up by his failure to reach god tier to the point of sounding a bit jealous of John, which may have been rooted in the 3's need to achieve and have worth. I'd put him as one of the more hardworking characters in Homestuck too. But really, the entire Type 3, Level 5 description from the enneagram institute website screams Dave to me:

Become image-conscious, highly concerned with how they are perceived. Begin to package themselves according to the expectations of others and what they need to do to be successful. Pragmatic and efficient, but also premeditated, losing touch with their own feelings beneath a smooth facade. Problems with intimacy, credibility, and "phoniness" emerge.
    I don't have much experience in typing yet though, so correct me if I'm wrong. And for wings or stackings for Dave, I'm totally lost there!

Oh, and I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Reset-Kids, if you have enough information to analyze them like this. Reset-Bro at least seems 5-ish to me.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by snowy View Post
    Hi, Viridian! I'm relatively new to enneagram types, but I've been a fan of Homestuck for a long time and it was really neat to find this thread here as I looked around. I had also thought of John as a 9w1, Karkat as a 6w7, and Rose as a 5w4 so I'm tickled at how much we agreed on those. I couldn't work out a type for the others on my own, so I'm glad someone more experienced has done it here already so I can glean your insights, haha.
    Aw, thanks! I'm not that experienced, I just make good guesses...

TBH, I was kind of worried about making a thread about it, because Homestuck is like the new Big Thing On The Internet and people might be tired of seeing it referenced everywhere...

You say you're not sure about Dave in your more recent post, so can I suggest a 3? The 3 description really put him in mind for me. Is it fair to say 3s are driven but concerned with image and how others see them? That sounds like him to me, he works very hard on his image and I think he basks a little in being admired. He seemed eaten up by his failure to reach god tier to the point of sounding a bit jealous of John, which may have been rooted in the 3's need to achieve and have worth. I'd put him as one of the more hardworking characters in Homestuck too. But really, the entire Type 3, Level 5 description from the enneagram institute website screams Dave to me:

I don't have much experience in typing yet though, so correct me if I'm wrong. And for wings or stackings for Dave, I'm totally lost there!
    I admit Dave isn't a character I pay a lot of attention to... I do think 3 is pretty likely, though! It's hard to say how much is his own style and how much is classic big brother worship.

Oh, and I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Reset-Kids, if you have enough information to analyze them like this. Reset-Bro at least seems 5-ish to me.
    I don't have much of a handle on them just yet, to be frank. I welcome any suggestions on your part! This is a collective forum, after all.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI

I think that Rose is more of an INTJ. She's too stoic to be INFJ.

As for the alpha kids (who I am intent on including, because I haven't seen anyone try to type them)...

Jane Crocker: xNTJ
    Jake English: xSTP, probably ESTP
    Roxy Lalonde: Most likely INFP, although she could be ENFP.
    Dirk Strider: Dirk just stands out in my mind as such an INTJ.

I need to study up some more on enneagrams before I can decide that factor.
    i dont know what to write in this signature because i could just write "this is a signature" but i bet that would look a lot dumber than i think it will and i could write my typological statistics but everyone does that and i want to be unique so im just going to make this my signature even though i bet it seems really stupid

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
    I think that Rose is more of an INTJ. She's too stoic to be INFJ.
    Could be. I thought she was INFJ due to her tendency to psychoanalyze everyone, I guess...

Some INFJs with strong tertiary Ti can be pretty stoic, though.

As for the alpha kids (who I am intent on including, because I haven't seen anyone try to type them)...

Mmm, why? I'm curious, since I have no idea about her type. Even more muddled when you account for [mind control]...

Agreed, definitely an SP.

Also hard to say, since she is so tipsy all the time. I'm inclined towards ExFP, though.

I need to study up some more on enneagrams before I can decide that factor.
    Oh, spot on! (Though I could see him as a Ti-dom, with his complex approach to humor and whatnot.) I'd say INTJ 5w6.

I'm new to typing and I'm very surprised to see some Homestuck fans on this forum.
    I tried to type the alpha kids now that we know their personalities a little more.

Jane is an INFJ

Yep, totally ESTP.

Roxy is definitely an ENFP.

Definitely agree here.

Also what about the new trolls, Aranea, Meenah, and UU. I know it would be kinda hard typing them because we still not had much of them talking, especially Meenah.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by maarsaalis View Post
    I'm new to typing and I'm very surprised to see some Homestuck fans on this forum.
    I tried to type the alpha kids now that we know their personalities a little more.
    Hey, welcome!

Jane is an INFJ
    That actually seems pretty plausible, although I'm not sure she's a Ni-dom.

Yep, totally ESTP.
    I was actually thinking more along the lines of ESFP, with his childlike eagerness and ease to express emotion...

Roxy is definitely an ENFP.

Definitely agree here.
    No dispute on my part!

Also what about the new trolls, Aranea, Meenah, and UU. I know it would be kinda hard typing them because we still not had much of them talking, especially Meenah.
    I dunno, we've barely seen them... UU's status is ambiguous, since we don't know for sure that her friendliness is not a ruse...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    A lovely webcomic by Andrew Hussie. Can be found here: http://www.mspaintadventures.com

It's pretty complex, but, if you have a week off or something, I'd recommend browsing the full archive.

Here's my guess at the characters' types:

("?" indicates bigger uncertainty on my part)

John Egbert: ISFJ? (an F type, for sure), 6w7 or maybe 9w1
    Rose Lalonde: INFJ, 5w4
    Dave Strider: xSTP, 6w7 or 7w6
    Jade Harley: xNFP, 9w8

WV: INFJ?, 1w2
    PM: ISFJ, 1w9?
    AR: ISTJ, 6w5?

Aradia Megido: ISTP?, 5w4 (After her death, at least; I'm not sure of her type before it)
    Tavros Nitram: INFP, 9w1? or 6w7
    Sollux Captor: INTP, 5w6
    Karkat Vantas: ESTJ, 6w5 (counterphobic as hell)
    Nepeta Leijon: xNFP, 9w8
    Kanaya Maryam: INFJ, 1w2 ("You don't meddle, you help, dammit!" )
    Terezi Pyrope: ENTP or ENTJ, 8w9?
    Vriska Serket: ENTJ (overblown Se), 7w8 or 8w7 (BLUH BLUH HUGE BITCH)
    Equius Zahhak: xSTJ, 6w7?
    Gamzee Makara: ISFP, 9w8 (when under the sopor slime's influence)
    Eridan Ampora: INTJ, 4w5 (they do exist, right?)
    Feferi Peixes: xNFP, 9w1

Divergences? Comments? Objections? (those are Terezi's department )

> Viridian: Send post.
    Vriska relies on luck too much to be an NT- Te-dom seems to suit her, though. ESTJ seems more fitting.
    i dont know what to write in this signature because i could just write "this is a signature" but i bet that would look a lot dumber than i think it will and i could write my typological statistics but everyone does that and i want to be unique so im just going to make this my signature even though i bet it seems really stupid