Thread: Clapton/Hendrix

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Default Clapton/Hendrix

I think of both and/or either as sp/so e54 intps.

Discuss.

thinking of you

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

And Vini Reilly.

thinking of you

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    I think of both and/or either as sp/so e54 intps.

Discuss.
    Both ISFP's. Not sure about enneagram...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

That's what people've been saying for years. Not possible.

thinking of you

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Then again, shoot, what makes you think isfp?

I think that since both are so clearly sp/so, it's difficult to picture e9. e4's out of the question presumably.

S. Ray Vaughan: still am not convinced of isfp at all. sp/sx e54 intp. That Jack White guy too.

thinking of you

Jimi could be INTP..I won't argue against it. I don't know enough about Clapton or Jack White. As for SRV, he seems more ESFP to me than anything, with ISFP a possibility. I don't know where you see INTP.. that seems like the opposite to me. He was kind of a vivacious, outgoing guy (and I don't necessarily mean in style per se.. Hendrix was like that too. I'm just talking about his personality.). He never really promoted a sense of overt technicality in his playing either.. he talked in a more aesthetic feeler sense, where he composed from bits and pieces of riffs and influences. Then again, that could be my own bias speaking there.. I play the guitar the same way, and I find that Ti types like to nerd out a bit more on theory. Even when they're ISTPs.. Keith Richards, for example, refers to guitars as machines that he "wants to figure out". INTP would find fascination from a kind of problem solving aesthetic as well. Lastly, if you watch SRV and his brother in the same room during interviews, you'll find he isn't nearly as lowkey.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    That's what people've been saying for years. Not possible.
    And just why is it not possible?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Killjoy View Post
    And just why is it not possible?
    As explained/hinted at above, surface placidity's common in sp/so 5s, which can easily lead to being mistyped as a 9.

However (and I'm no fanboy), I think there's an underlying aggression, tenacity, a moving away from others powered by a strong need for space that's best characterized by sp/so e5. Sure, they could be 9s, but I'd like someone well-versed to convince me otherwise. Until then, I think this is the best estimate.

Probably just the superego-ego axis that's throwing people off.

thinking of you

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Jimi could be INTP..I won't argue against it. I don't know enough about Clapton or Jack White. As for SRV, he seems more ESFP to me than anything, with ISFP a possibility. I don't know where you see INTP.. that seems like the opposite to me. He was kind of a vivacious, outgoing guy (and I don't necessarily mean in style per se.. Hendrix was like that too. I'm just talking about his personality.). He never really promoted a sense of overt technicality in his playing either.. he talked in a more aesthetic feeler sense, where he composed from bits and pieces of riffs and influences. Then again, that could be my own bias speaking there.. I play the guitar the same way, and I find that Ti types like to nerd out a bit more on theory. Even when they're ISTPs.. Keith Richards, for example, refers to guitars as machines that he "wants to figure out". INTP would find fascination from a kind of problem solving aesthetic as well. Lastly, if you watch SRV and his brother in the same room during interviews, you'll find he isn't nearly as lowkey.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPS4d...eature=related

esfp's interesting. From a non-player's standpoint, he seems to drive it home for far longer than an sfp might. The shadow that his hat casts over his face, bare, metallic, however driving sound, nice clothing all lead me to sp/sx intp 5. Ask orangeappled about how sp/sx individuals need to express themselves with their possessions.

thinking of you