• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Alice in Wonderland

Sunny Ghost

What type do you believe Tim Burton's Alice is and what type is Alice in the books?

I believe she's an extrovert. I want to say either Ni or Ne... but then again, Si or Se may be more fitting... just in the way she has a hard time understanding some of the concepts of the caterpillar and the mad hatter, etc.

I want to say the story itself is very ENTP, or rather Louis Carroll is an ENTP.

(And before anyone gives me crap about typing characters, this is all just in good fun. :steam::cheese:)

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Alice seems ENTP, maybe iNTP, in the movie. I used to think NF but I agree with people that she remained really skeptical throughout the movie. I think she was an NF child but people around her kind of verbally beat it out of her. Like Jane Eyre was an INFP but became more of a infj to survive what was thrown at her.

I agree with most people that Hatter was an esfp. I think the White Queen was infj or infp.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I need a pig here.
Queen+of+hearts.jpg

:laugh:

I have no idea what type is Alice, possibly NTP.

Sunny Ghost

Haha. Yeah, I was falling asleep while watching it last night. I think that Tim Burton's Alice is more imaginative than the book character? But it's been a while since I've read it, so I could be wrong.

FakePlasticAlice

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I have to say i was rather disappointed with Tim Burton's take on the story, especially as i love both Tim Burton and Alice in Wonderland. I feel as though he leaned too much on the visual aspects of the film. I would need to watch it again to take a shot at typing the characters...but nothing really compels me to do so. *sad*

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I mostly agree, but I fail to see anything about Tim Burton's Alice that is extraverted.

KDude

Burton's Alice is kind of veering between INTP and INFP imo. I don't think outspoken-ness has anything to do with extroversion. Extroverts just think out loud more/feed off the surroundings/happenings, desire some kind of inclusion, etc, etc.. Slight difference than being outspoken (I mean, both I and E have their own way about it). Out of Burton's characters, Jack Skellington or Beetlejuice might be ENTP though (maybe Beetlejuice was ESTP.. not sure. Heh).

FakePlasticAlice

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Tim Burton's Alice as an Introvert for sure..
Jack Skellington i would think to be one of the Idealist types
Beetlejuice (my favorite of all his characters!)... probably ESTP?

Starry

I agree with most people that Hatter was an esfp.

Whoa...wait a minute here. Where are these 'most people'?...as I need to have a word with them.

As I live and breathe...Burton's Hatter is ENFP (and counterphobic).

I have entertained the thought that may be Alice is ISFP.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Some young extraverts don't look that extraverted. They need to develop to have the extraveted thing.

Sunny Ghost

Alice... an ISFP? Hmm...

I suppose I saw her as more T than F... but I was half asleep while watching it the other night. I do feel she's more S than N though.

Starry

Alice... an ISFP? Hmm...

I suppose I saw her as more T than F... but I was half asleep while watching it the other night. I do feel she's more S than N though.

I agree with you Indy that she is an S. The reason I was thinking ISFP because I felt like I saw some strong Fi in Burton's Alice.

KDude

If she is a withdrawn, socially introverted extrovert, I don't see it. Not to be rude, but extroverts like that are kind of needy. They still have the same "metabolism" as other extroverts, and yet, they're held back by something.. I can't say what. They usually seem shy though. She isn't like that. And her outspoken-ness only has to do with things like with telling her mom she isn't interested in dressing properly. She questions rules. It's not I or E.

Cybin

MBTI Type
INFP
I really don't see Burton's Alice as INTP. I would say INFP, or I wouldn't really argue ISFP, but I don't see domTi at all.

The movie played out like her own journey to finding herself and her role. An overly stereotypical NF "Who am I?" leading to a battle of her inner demons. Wonderland was a metaphor for her own feelings about her place in life and being such an outcast in her family.

Anyways, the movie sucked XD

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I liked the movie. It seems that most people who had expectations, didn't like it.

FakePlasticAlice

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think high expectations really can ruin a movie, but it's hard to avoid when you see it advertised everywhere..it's being thrown in your face. Personally, i'll try to wait for the hype to wear off of a movie and for me to forget about it's existence, only to remember it again one random day when looking for something to watch..which i did with the new Alice..and still didn't like it. :/

Sunny Ghost

I liked the movie. It seems that most people who had expectations, didn't like it.

Word. I liked aspects of it, but didn't care too much for it overall. But, like you said... I had expectations with it being Tim Burton taking on a story I thought he would have turned into a classic all over again. It was a very different take on the story. However, though I saw it in theatres and then the other night while falling asleep, I kind of want to give it another go... without passing out. Ha.

KDude

I thought it was great. In fact, this calls for a new avatar. =) Really, there isn't any Tim Burton I don't like except Planet of the Apes. And I've seen a fair share of re-takes on Alice. The premise was different, but still Alice.. he just made her older, and forgetful of how she was the first time she was in Wonderland. I thought it was clever how he revisited every element, yet made it new to her, as if she was visiting Wonderland for the first time. I think he kept the Carroll story in there enough though. Some writers (most writers, that is) can't resist turning Alice into something kinky if they make her older. I don't know why that is. Also, I'm glad he resisted the urge to make her gothy. She's one of the more realistic "outcasts" he's written, I think.