User Tag List

First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by chihuahuasrluv View Post
    I agree with most people that Hatter was an esfp.
    Whoa...wait a minute here. Where are these 'most people'?...as I need to have a word with them.

As I live and breathe...Burton's Hatter is ENFP (and counterphobic).

I have entertained the thought that may be Alice is ISFP.

MBTI
    ENTP

Some young extraverts don't look that extraverted. They need to develop to have the extraveted thing.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Alice... an ISFP? Hmm...

I suppose I saw her as more T than F... but I was half asleep while watching it the other night. I do feel she's more S than N though.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    Alice... an ISFP? Hmm...

I suppose I saw her as more T than F... but I was half asleep while watching it the other night. I do feel she's more S than N though.
    I agree with you Indy that she is an S. The reason I was thinking ISFP because I felt like I saw some strong Fi in Burton's Alice.

If she is a withdrawn, socially introverted extrovert, I don't see it. Not to be rude, but extroverts like that are kind of needy. They still have the same "metabolism" as other extroverts, and yet, they're held back by something.. I can't say what. They usually seem shy though. She isn't like that. And her outspoken-ness only has to do with things like with telling her mom she isn't interested in dressing properly. She questions rules. It's not I or E.

MBTI
    INFP

I really don't see Burton's Alice as INTP. I would say INFP, or I wouldn't really argue ISFP, but I don't see domTi at all.

The movie played out like her own journey to finding herself and her role. An overly stereotypical NF "Who am I?" leading to a battle of her inner demons. Wonderland was a metaphor for her own feelings about her place in life and being such an outcast in her family.

Anyways, the movie sucked XD

MBTI
    ENTP

I liked the movie. It seems that most people who had expectations, didn't like it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think high expectations really can ruin a movie, but it's hard to avoid when you see it advertised everywhere..it's being thrown in your face. Personally, i'll try to wait for the hype to wear off of a movie and for me to forget about it's existence, only to remember it again one random day when looking for something to watch..which i did with the new Alice..and still didn't like it. :/
    "You can't take a picture of this...it's already gone."

“But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?”
    -Mark Twain

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    I liked the movie. It seems that most people who had expectations, didn't like it.
    Word. I liked aspects of it, but didn't care too much for it overall. But, like you said... I had expectations with it being Tim Burton taking on a story I thought he would have turned into a classic all over again. It was a very different take on the story. However, though I saw it in theatres and then the other night while falling asleep, I kind of want to give it another go... without passing out. Ha.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

I thought it was great. In fact, this calls for a new avatar. =) Really, there isn't any Tim Burton I don't like except Planet of the Apes. And I've seen a fair share of re-takes on Alice. The premise was different, but still Alice.. he just made her older, and forgetful of how she was the first time she was in Wonderland. I thought it was clever how he revisited every element, yet made it new to her, as if she was visiting Wonderland for the first time. I think he kept the Carroll story in there enough though. Some writers (most writers, that is) can't resist turning Alice into something kinky if they make her older. I don't know why that is. Also, I'm glad he resisted the urge to make her gothy. She's one of the more realistic "outcasts" he's written, I think.