• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lauryn Hill

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJesyqD9Dx8&feature=player_embedded"]Lauryn Hill Speech Pt.1[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5vqmHXnT70&feature=player_embedded"]Lauryn Hill Speech Pt 2[/YOUTUBE]

My sister always liked her. I always saw her as real attractive, grounded, intelligent, and all that good crap - but she fell out of the spotlight. I thought that was a cool move. Watch out for all the God talk though. It can get a bit annoying, but it is what it is.

So what do you think?

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
ISFP?

What I find most interesting about her is she talks from a genuine place. In these videos she lets her words come out. There is no pre-written paper. She controls the crowd easily. Then, at the same time, when you do a little research you'll find that its clear this comes from a history in her field. She has been involved in performace since as early as 15. At the same time, when I watch her you notice very little disconnect from her surroundings. Her eyes are always there. She is always looking at someone. She grabs up everything, digest it, and speaks fluidly. There are no real breaks of thought. Even when she is off the stage, there is something musical about her presence. I have a hard time recognizing N. The reason being that it seems odd to find a popular INFP in a New York school system. Now, thats not to kiss her ass.

Looking at her history, its easy to see her weaknesses. She couldn't handle the spotlight. That isn't to provide credence to the fact that she is introvert, just she didn't have the willpower to go onward. At the peak of her career, she succumbed to the pressure, didn't properly bow out. Instead of pursue music with the passion you see here, she became a mother. She raised a lot of kids. Then came back on the scene looking like a clown:

laurynhill_crazy.jpg

Yet at the same time, she reminds me of one of my favorite artist. Andre 3000. In a way, they've got this seriousness about them behind the guise of artistry. I dont know if you can put a lot of weight on that, but they have a presence in the Hip-Hop community that is a like. They both took very untraditional routes to success, and despite their fame & merit, they look to be still artist at heart. A lot to expect of any superstar today; maybe Jay-Z was right.
"OutKast landed, 3 Thou' was ill
Like a male version, of Lauryn Hill"

ISFP?

T

ThatGirl

I would say ISFP.

IRL I get along with ISFPs a lot. This is because they have deeper cognitive preferences, and still pay attention to detail. Yet it almost sits on the back burner, like something they can tap in and out of, unlike other similar types.

She has that IFP healer hippie thing about her. I don't know about her now, but if I recall correctly, she also had a status thing about her. Wanting to marry a Marley and not wanting white people to listen to her music.

I don't know what it is, but I think she is more of an SP temperment, with heavy Fi.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Lauryn insist she wants people to understand that her goal to improve the self-love of young African-American women should never be confused with advocating racial supremacy. ‘There are a lot of young black girls who I met in my travels who don’t have a lot of self-esteem,” she explains. “So if I communicate to them they’re beautiful, no white person should find fault in that. It doesn’t mean that young white girls aren’t beautiful, because they are just as beautiful.”

Hippe is one word to describe her. That would be in favor of F, for sure. However, I never doubted that aspect about her. I think that is what made her most attractive. According to MBTI, most of the world consist of F. In her speech, she also showed a grasp for the feel of the crowd. Even in her art work, which I dont advocate basing typing, she has a worldy, hippie them.

The difference I mostly find in INFPs and ISFPs is there sensibility. That isn't a pun on words. It is more to give credit to the way they understand their world. In a way, I find ISFPs more put-together, with more substance and concreteness behind their words. It didn't take long for her to jump to referencing something, and recognizing the whole in her statements about "ethereal".

Also, I've seen a theme in ISFPs. They need God, or a higher power to make sense of the world. When they dont have something supernatural, or beyond, they tend to turn into hipsters, druggies, and overall lame people to be around.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
What parts dont you agree with?