• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A Clockwork Orange

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ Well if he is not an extrovert he is an INFJ? That is a possibility. And some other members had mentioned it before (in this thread). But his group oriented nature and his desperate NEED to be the leader, the decision maker and the most engaging coversationalist in the group would point out that he is an Extrovert.

He attacked all the other members when they launched a coup as I recall.

Yes, I like the idea of the INFJ.:yes: That could explain why he cumulate a dominant Ni, introversion and at the same time, a good master of social dynamic. I really feel that I could be like him if i let the dark side of my Ni and my Fe express. And elsewhere, Alex express his dark ISTP side by his dark Ti and Se side in some sort. He always consider things on his own, and seems more chart-the-course than in-charge and so, I don't think he an ENFJ at all. I also think he is a 5w4 integrated in 8, and probably an sx/so.

Benny

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
I think he's ESTP. He's not a planner, not organized, not methodical, in the moment, impulsive, charming, leader but not ambitious, totally go with the flow, and do whatever he wants whenever. There's no structure with him at all. He skips school every day and doesn't work. He's just a thrill seeking hedonist with a lust for violence. How is he remotely an F? Show me one J characteristic. Tell me whats intuitive about him besides appreciating classical music.

Killjoy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
My opinion: Alex is a fictional sociopathic character created by Anthony Burgess, who was an INFJ.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I think he's ESTP. He's not a planner, not organized, not methodical, in the moment, impulsive, charming, leader but not ambitious, totally go with the flow, and do whatever he wants whenever. There's no structure with him at all. He skips school every day and doesn't work. He's just a thrill seeking hedonist with a lust for violence. How is he remotely an F? Show me one J characteristic. Tell me whats intuitive about him besides appreciating classical music.

+1000

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I saw the movie ages ago so I don't quite recall, but yeah definitely ETP.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Protip: The british version of the book had a 21st chapter that detailed Alex after he "grows up" marries, gets a job and has a family. It details that he simply got bored with being such a violent maniac.

I might add that both the book and the movie(the book moreso) implied that a large portion of alexs generation was just as amoral and violent as he was. These two things point to him perhaps not being a simple sociopath but just a desensitized and impulsive teenager.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'd say Alex is an ENTJ with well-developed Ni or an INTJ with well-developed Te. When he listens to Ludwig van in his room, he's got Ni written all

Damn, Uber, get your Myers Briggs shit together.

Did Alex had intricate plans? Grand schemes of strategy? Followed any perticular set of ethos or ideologies? No? Then take your poor guess and gtfo.

Little Alex was an ESTP.

Edit: I haven't read the entire thread, because judging by previous "Guess his type" threads I know it will enrage me and make me punch my monitor. But just in case anyone is claiming Alex to be anything other than ESTP - you don't know wtf you are talking about.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

Did Alex had intricate plans? Grand schemes of strategy? Followed any perticular set of ethos or ideologies? No? Then take your poor guess and gtfo.

Little Alex was an ESTP.

Edit: I haven't read the entire thread, because judging by previous "Guess his type" threads I know it will enrage me and make me punch my monitor. But just in case anyone is claiming Alex to be anything other than ESTP - you don't know wtf you are talking about.

Not to damper your zeal but Little Alex. Especially the Alex from the book. Seemed a bit more contemplative than most ESTPs I have run across. The hijinxs he is involved in when comitting addrenaline pumping crimes and partaking in the narcotic milk however makes him come across more ESTP at those moments.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Books are for dorks, spamtar. I just watch movies.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
How about the other Droogs? from the little that was disclosed about Georgie I would say he is an ESTJ. Perhaps if we were able to calibrate the interactions with different types we would get a more clear picture of Alex as well as the other characters.

Benny

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7

Little Alex was an ESTP.

Exactly

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
After digging out the film and the audiobook, perhaps:

Alex: ESTP 7w8/8w7,
(Alex has a hell of a lot of N in the book as well though, he seems almost hung up on the idea of having ideas, but he's very fashion conscious, salesman-like, impulsive and casual )
Georgie: ESTJ 8w7
Dim: Seems to be an NF...thoughts?
Pete: INXP 9w1
Mr. Deltoid: ISFJ?? 1w2

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The right eye: INTJ , the left eye: INFP

An yes I have type biases :D

Benny

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
After digging out the film and the audiobook, perhaps:

Alex: ESTP 7w8/8w7,
(Alex has a hell of a lot of N in the book as well though, he seems almost hung up on the idea of having ideas, but he's very fashion conscious, salesman-like, impulsive and casual )
Georgie: ESTJ 8w7
Dim: Seems to be an NF...thoughts?
Pete: INXP 9w1
Mr. Deltoid: ISFJ?? 1w2

Can you give an example of how he's hung up on having ideas? I'm just curious.

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah, not a problem, and please feel free to disagree because I may be interpreting his character kinda wrong here :) I don't refer to Malcolm McDowell's portrayal here particularly, but here are some quotes...see what you think :)

Alex: (on Marty and Sonietta) 'They had the same ideas, or lack of them.'

Alex: 'For I was like, showing who was leader, and like the chelloveck with the ideas'

Alex: '...but all the ideas came from Your Humble, oh my brothers'

I will add more when I find them :)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't feel Alex as an ESTP at all. I really think he's INTJ.

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Let's see if a few quotes might get him sorted...
Ni, yes I see where that impression might come from...he trusts his dreams, and alot of his narration in the book begins with 'and I got the idea that ___, whilst also saying that he doesnt know where the idea came from. Not sure about J for Little Alex, but he does seem to know what he wants from others, and how he expects them to behave... even though he constantly asks 'What's it gonna be then, eh?'

Alex: 'Out, out, out, out!'
Georgie: Where out?
Alex: Oh, just to keep walking, and viddy what turns up.

Too casual for J or not?

Alex: But when we got into the street, I viddied that thinking was for the gloopy ones, and that the oony ones use like inspiration and what Bog sends.
His Te is sharp, when he's telling his droogs off, but he judges people by social conventions (Fe???) he loves good manners in others, and he is very aware of Fe when tricking people:

Alex: ...a burbling old pianitsa or drunkie, howling away at the songs of his father's and going 'blurp blurp' in between as if it might be a filthy orchestra is his stinky, rotten guts. One vesche I could never stand was that.

Alex: But, it was 'hawhawhaw' in a muffled eater's way, and you could see bits of what they were eating, I didn't like that, it being dirty and slobbery.'

Alex: And Dim, it was typical of old Dim, watered the fire out, and wanted to dung on the carpet, there being plenty of paper, but I said 'No'

Alex: ...but looking all dirtied over, with too much von of sweat on him. That was one thing I had against old Dim.

Alex: 'Filthy, drooling, mannerless bastard'...'For being a bastard with no manners, and not a dook of an idea how to comport yourself publicwise...oh my brother'

Thoughts?

Standuble

I would second ESTP. Had he been an N I think he would have avoided the milk bottle by realising his droogs would betray him before time. He also would have realised that any deal which promises you'll be released from prison immediately regardless of the length of your sentence would have a catch.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTJ - the general.