• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lie to Me

T

ThatGirl

I have been watching this tv show for a little bit, the story line is not bad, but the main character annoys the crap out of me.

For one, he has no clue of the personal bubble. He tilts his head, and gets in everyone's face all the time. And he is twitchy, nervous energy. Never stands still.

I am assuming ENTP?

T

ThatGirl

Ugh, if someone spoke to me like that, the only thing he would see on my face would be the intent to punch him in the nose.

Why S?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Rubs me as a sp/sx 5, so that eliminates the possibility of his being an s.

Talking about Roth, correct?

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
He looks Ne dom and Se dom at the same time.

So he can also be ENTP with super powers.

Whichever you like.

T

ThatGirl

Rubs me as a sp/sx 5, so that eliminates the possibility of his being an s.

Talking about Roth, correct?

Yes, oh, and btw, I would love to hear your analysis, of my type, now that I can read it, and not miss every other word.

He looks Ne dom and Se dom at the same time.

So he can also be ENTP with super powers.

Whichever you like.

Well then House is an INTJ by comparison. He lacks the whole gestalt charade. More straight to the point, instead of playing with his prey. No?

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
You're right...sensors wouldn't be that much into investigating.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Ehhh he kinda seems like an introvert, maybe even an intj. He always had these strong nearly unchangeable feelings towards that one temp of his or whatever that just seemed pretty cemented, that hits me as a j thing, a bit fi as well. He was pretty rough around the edges which makes me think he isnt an f, and the way he read details, like the ones in people faces makes me say he has se. He is able to bounce se and fi against each other and get a concrete view of the here and now honesty in a persons mannerisms. I could see ENTJ as well but idk he just comes off as an introvert to me.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
The main character is an ISTJ. A very cocky, pushy ISTJ. The closest to his caliber of cockiness in an ISTJ I have seen and recall only in Rorschach from the watchmen. However, Rorschach wasn't this annoying. The reason he is annoying is because his primary talent and his job is to read people. It's easier to read people when you disarm them (when I mean disarm I mean their facades.) That is what he is doing. He is INTENTIONALLY annoying people to break them so that he could read them (their micro expressions).

God bless the souls of those whom think he is an ENTP.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
ENTP for certain, at least in the two dimensional world of TV characters.

Why? Because he plays people. He deliberately sets up a conflict to better examine the reactions. That's classical ENTP territory.

The ENTP personality type is the ultimate devil's advocate, thriving on the process of shredding arguments and beliefs and letting the ribbons drift in the wind for all to see. Unlike their more determined Judging (J) counterparts, ENTPs don't do this because they are trying to achieve some deeper purpose or strategic goal, but for the simple reason that it's fun. No one loves the process of mental sparring more than ENTPs, as it gives them a chance to exercise their effortlessly quick wit, broad accumulated knowledge base, and capacity for connecting disparate ideas to prove their points.

taken from
http://www.16personalities.com/entp-personality

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I dont know though.. He seems a bit too serious and goal oriented to be an ENTP. I mean he basically has his job down to a science, a science that he pretty much applies in the same way every single day. And I think I remember more Te/Fi than Ti/Fe. It has been a really long time Ive watched this show though

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I dont know though.. He seems a bit too serious and goal oriented to be an ENTP. I mean he basically has his job down to a science, a science that he pretty much applies in the same way every single day. And I think I remember more Te/Fi than Ti/Fe. It has been a really long time Ive watched this show though
And yet he'll endanger it all for the chance of a good adventure.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
And yet he'll endanger it all for the chance of a good adventure.

Ni could do that as well, pulling him in and not letting go until he figures everything out and connects all the pieces, no matter what the consequences.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Ni could do that as well, pulling him in and not letting go until he figures everything out and connects all the pieces, no matter what the consequences.

Sorry, I don't do such 'grain of sand' approaches.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Sorry, I don't do such 'grain of sand' approaches.

How is my post any more 'grain of sand' than yours? I think that everything that I have said is valid and could explain different aspects of the characters personality. All you said is that he enjoys playing people off of each other. Alot of types enjoy doing that and it isnt just exlusive to one type. Could you explain?

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
How is my post any more 'grain of sand' than yours? I think that everything that I have said is valid and could explain different aspects of the characters personality. All you said is that he enjoys playing people off of each other. Alot of types enjoy doing that and it isnt just exlusive to one type. Could you explain?

You attributed a behaviour to an introverted attitude to a preference of looking at patterns of information over specific instances. That, to me, is like studying a grain of sand from a desert. It will tell you a few things but it won't tell you which way is North, where the water is etc.

I've looked at analysing people based on singular functions and attitudes but I've never felt it comes close to analysing the whole type as one. It's like taking things out of context, if you follow me.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
You attributed a behaviour to an introverted attitude to a preference of looking at patterns of information over specific instances. That, to me, is like studying a grain of sand from a desert. It will tell you a few things but it won't tell you which way is North, where the water is etc.

I've looked at analysing people based on singular functions and attitudes but I've never felt it comes close to analysing the whole type as one. It's like taking things out of context, if you follow me.

Oh ok, yeah I looked it up and I thought what you were referring to was Sorites Paradox. I thought that it kind of made sense that that could be what I was doing, picking apart at your theory bit by bit until it couldnt hold water in a way that was more sneaky than it was accurate. Then I thought that that basically is a big part of typing, looking at the bigger picture and trying to discount it from all angles to find alternative explanations for singular functions. He very well could be an ENTP, honestly I'm now leaning that way myself, I just thought it would be kind of interesting to argue it with you.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Oh ok, yeah I looked it up and I thought what you were referring to was Sorites Paradox. I thought that it kind of made sense that that could be what I was doing, picking apart at your theory bit by bit until it couldnt hold water in a way that was more sneaky than it was accurate. Then I thought that that basically is a big part of typing, looking at the bigger picture and trying to discount it from all angles to find alternative explanations for singular functions. He very well could be an ENTP, honestly I'm now leaning that way myself, I just thought it would be kind of interesting to argue it with you.

Damn it. Every time I try to come up with something profound, some guy nicks it years before I was born. Blinking thieving gits.

Glad we're on the same page and it's always nice to add a new term to my repertoire... Even if the name will be a bitch to remember.