User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Lie to Me

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

I dont know though.. He seems a bit too serious and goal oriented to be an ENTP. I mean he basically has his job down to a science, a science that he pretty much applies in the same way every single day. And I think I remember more Te/Fi than Ti/Fe. It has been a really long time Ive watched this show though

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    I dont know though.. He seems a bit too serious and goal oriented to be an ENTP. I mean he basically has his job down to a science, a science that he pretty much applies in the same way every single day. And I think I remember more Te/Fi than Ti/Fe. It has been a really long time Ive watched this show though
    And yet he'll endanger it all for the chance of a good adventure.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    And yet he'll endanger it all for the chance of a good adventure.
    Ni could do that as well, pulling him in and not letting go until he figures everything out and connects all the pieces, no matter what the consequences.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Ni could do that as well, pulling him in and not letting go until he figures everything out and connects all the pieces, no matter what the consequences.
    Sorry, I don't do such 'grain of sand' approaches.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

Sorry, I don't do such 'grain of sand' approaches.

How is my post any more 'grain of sand' than yours? I think that everything that I have said is valid and could explain different aspects of the characters personality. All you said is that he enjoys playing people off of each other. Alot of types enjoy doing that and it isnt just exlusive to one type. Could you explain?
    Likes riva liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

How is my post any more 'grain of sand' than yours? I think that everything that I have said is valid and could explain different aspects of the characters personality. All you said is that he enjoys playing people off of each other. Alot of types enjoy doing that and it isnt just exlusive to one type. Could you explain?
    You attributed a behaviour to an introverted attitude to a preference of looking at patterns of information over specific instances. That, to me, is like studying a grain of sand from a desert. It will tell you a few things but it won't tell you which way is North, where the water is etc.

I've looked at analysing people based on singular functions and attitudes but I've never felt it comes close to analysing the whole type as one. It's like taking things out of context, if you follow me.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

You attributed a behaviour to an introverted attitude to a preference of looking at patterns of information over specific instances. That, to me, is like studying a grain of sand from a desert. It will tell you a few things but it won't tell you which way is North, where the water is etc.

I've looked at analysing people based on singular functions and attitudes but I've never felt it comes close to analysing the whole type as one. It's like taking things out of context, if you follow me.

Oh ok, yeah I looked it up and I thought what you were referring to was Sorites Paradox. I thought that it kind of made sense that that could be what I was doing, picking apart at your theory bit by bit until it couldnt hold water in a way that was more sneaky than it was accurate. Then I thought that that basically is a big part of typing, looking at the bigger picture and trying to discount it from all angles to find alternative explanations for singular functions. He very well could be an ENTP, honestly I'm now leaning that way myself, I just thought it would be kind of interesting to argue it with you.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Oh ok, yeah I looked it up and I thought what you were referring to was Sorites Paradox. I thought that it kind of made sense that that could be what I was doing, picking apart at your theory bit by bit until it couldnt hold water in a way that was more sneaky than it was accurate. Then I thought that that basically is a big part of typing, looking at the bigger picture and trying to discount it from all angles to find alternative explanations for singular functions. He very well could be an ENTP, honestly I'm now leaning that way myself, I just thought it would be kind of interesting to argue it with you.
    Damn it. Every time I try to come up with something profound, some guy nicks it years before I was born. Blinking thieving gits.

Glad we're on the same page and it's always nice to add a new term to my repertoire... Even if the name will be a bitch to remember.