• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Simpsons Characters

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm just laying out the facts. Sensing, like Intuition, has positive aspects and negative aspects. The positive is that sensors can notice and remember vital information that I just can't. Yesterday I almost burned down the house because I failed to notice the stove was still on. The negative is that they lack an imagination. I have an SP friend who's smarter than me and he still has to fake creativity through shameless plagiarizing.

Quite an extensive research sample you have here.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I'm just laying out the facts. Sensing, like Intuition, has positive aspects and negative aspects. The positive is that sensors can notice and remember vital information that I just can't. Yesterday I almost burned down the house because I failed to notice the stove was still on. The negative is that they lack an imagination. I have an SP friend who's smarter than me and he still has to fake creativity through shameless plagiarizing.

The only thing you are "laying out" is a bunch of sterotypical bullshit.

You saying sensors lack imgaination is like saying you lack brains.. Oh wait!!

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The only thing you are "laying out" is a bunch of sterotypical bullshit.
What exactly do you think the Sensing function is?

Jesus Christ, why does everyone always get so up in arms about this? You can say something bad and something good about pretty much every function. Sensors are unoriginal. Intuitors are loopy and out of touch with reality. Thinkers are robots. Feelers are saps. Perceivers are klutzes, and Judgers are tightasses. What is so wrong with this?

wolfy

awsm

Explain to me exactly what functions you think an SP uses. Initially you said Bart was too creative to be an SP. Now it is imaginative. Which is it?

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5

First of all.. It's a preference.. I prefer red heads with small boobs.. But Will still find a bruntette with big boobs hot.
Secondly we ALL USE all 8 functions.. so even if I have a sensing preference this does not exclude me from having intuition or an imgaination.

Anybody who scores 100% in any function should seek immediate Psychological help..

N's need their senses and sensors need their N.. no human is complete without all 8 functions..

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
First of all.. It's a preference.. I prefer red heads with small boobs.. But Will still find a bruntette with big boobs hot.
Secondly we ALL USE all 8 functions.. so even if I have a sensing preference this does not exclude me from having intuition or an imgaination.

Anybody who scores 100% in any function should seek immeadiate Psychological help..

N's need their senses and sensors need their N.. no human is complete without all 8 functions..
We all have all 8 functions yes, but that doesn't mean we're wholly competent at using them, or that they're fully developed. My sensing functions suck, both of them, which means that I have trouble noticing details or remembering experiences. Likewise, someone who is severely Ni-deficient would lack insight, and someone who is severely Ne-deficient would lack innovative ability. Part of the very definition of Sensing is that it's a down to earth function ground in facts and sensory cues. If one were to say that intuitives are unrealistic daydreamers, it would be no less offensive than saying sensors are unimaginative, and no less true.

wolfy

awsm
We all have all 8 functions yes, but that doesn't mean we're wholly competent at using them, or that they're fully developed..

In theory do you think that order of function shows ability to use the function?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It shows preference, but preference is very heavily influenced by ability. That is to say, one could be able to use one function better or equally well as another but prefer the other (Whatever, for example, is an equally strong Ne and Se but prefers Se), but more often than not people gravitate towards the functions they find easiest to use. I don't use much Se or Si (despite enjoying some Se-stimulating experiences) because I find doing so exceedingly difficult, for example.

And then there are functions you just can't shut down or turn on at will. I have a (n unconfirmed) theory that Fe and Fi are such functions -- They control you, rather than the other way around.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
We all have all 8 functions yes, but that doesn't mean we're wholly competent at using them, or that they're fully developed. My sensing functions suck, both of them, which means that I have trouble noticing details or remembering experiences. Likewise, someone who is severely Ni-deficient would lack insight, and someone who is severely Ne-deficient would lack innovative ability. Part of the very definition of Sensing is that it's a down to earth function ground in facts and sensory cues. If one were to say that intuitives are unrealistic daydreamers, it would be no less offensive than saying sensors are unimaginative, and no less true.

Also The T function and F function are both rational functions. They are born of intellect and have sweet fuck all to do with how emotional a person is. they are value judgment systems.. One based on objectivity and one based on subjectivity.. Therefore Fs can be robots and Ts can overemotional.

Insight??? The worlds best Police detectives are sensors as a rule.. yeah there is no insight needed there:doh:.. OR N and S arrive at the same place, but just take a different route to get there.. Both are incredibly insightful in their own respects .. and guess what else??.. they compliment each other beautifuly .. It's kinda hard to put that Intution to practice if you are not living in a physical world. It's kinda hard to expand on what your senses tell you if you have no thought process or insight.

P as Klutz's .. Hmmm tell that to all those Professional athletes who are so obviously SP's..

And oh yeah .. I have never seen a J bend either.. it's amazing they have friends and lovers.. how they keep their jobs and aren't murdered daily in the name of compromise.

You Sir.. need to learn to think outside of the box.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also The T function and F function are both rational functions. They are born of intellect and have sweet fuck all to do with how emotional a person is. they are value judgment systems.. One based on objectivity and one based on subjectivity.. Therefore Fs can be robots and Ts can overemotional.
Thinkers make decisions on basis of logical thought. Feelers make decisions based on emotions. This of course does not mean Thinkers are unemotional or that Feelers are unthinking, but it does mean that Feelers are more likely to act emotionally and Thinkers to act rationally.

Insight??? The worlds best Police detectives are sensors as a rule.. yeah there is no insight needed there:doh:
Most police detectives collect evidence, find something that their training tells them will point to the perp, and make the arrest. Completely S, and completely devoid of insight. Contrast that to Holmesian deductive detective work, which consists of drawing connections based on seemingly unrelated details that a Sensor would notice, but likely discard as irrelevant because they can't make the connection.

.. OR N and S arrive at the same place, but just take a different route to get there..
Sensors and intuitors seldom arrive at the same conclusion, precisely because they take two different approaches. Comparing ESTJs to ENTJs for example, ESTJs are better administrators, but completely lack vision or a grand strategy. They need others to provide it.

It's kinda hard to put that Intution to practice if you are not living in a physical world. It's kinda hard to expand on what your senses tell you if you have no thought process or insight.
Well, yeah, that's kinda my point. Because sensors have a strong Sensing function and a weak Intuitive function, they find it more difficult to expound on what their senses tell them, but have stronger capabilities in actually noticing minutiae and thus uncovering details. Because intuitors have a weak Sensing function and a strong Intuitive function, they have trouble noticing their surroundings, but have no problem extrapolating a greater meaning, connections and insights from what they do notice.

P as Klutz's .. Hmmm tell that to all those Professional athletes who are so obviously SP's..
You're right, I fucked that up. Klutziness is an NP trait (derived from lack of awareness to surroundings), rather than P. Ps, instead, are spontaneous, unmotivated and aimless. ;)

You Sir.. need to learn to think outside of the box.
I have no problem thinking outside the box. So far I have concluded that cognitive processes (Particularly the tertiary and inferior functions) do not necessarily fit a person's type, and that at least one type (ENTJ) does not fit its functions, given the very definition of how the dominant and auxiliary functions work. In other words, that Jung may or may not have been on acid when he wrote them up. But that's a whole thread onto itself, so I'd rather not get into it.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Most police detectives collect evidence, find something that their training tells them will point to the perp, and make the arrest. Completely S, and completely devoid of insight. Contrast that to Holmesian deductive detective work, which consists of drawing connections based on seemingly unrelated details that a Sensor would notice, but likely discard as irrelevant because they can't make the connection.

Training and experience, on the job and off. A sensor detective can take new information, and toy around with it to see if it gets him anywhere.

Sensors and intuitors seldom arrive at the same conclusion, precisely because they take two different approaches. Comparing ESTJs to ENTJs for example, ESTJs are better administrators, but completely lack vision or a grand strategy. They need others to provide it.

SMH
You can't even grasp the basics.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Training and experience, on the job and off. A sensor detective can take new information, and toy around with it to see if it gets him anywhere.
Yeah, that's what I said. Most police detectives operate based on their training and past experience, S traits.

Srho

MBTI Type
INFX
Ned is an ENFJ, not ESFJ. He is way into his own religion, and (gasp) questions it a couple times. And unlike with ESFJs, any kind of punishment he gives his kids is usually motivated by his religion. Sometimes he even takes in their point of view.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Homer: ESFP 7w6 So/Sx
Marge: ISFJ 9w1 Sp/So
Bart: ESTP 7w6 So/Sp
Lisa: ENFJ 3w4 So/Sp

Smithers: ISFJ 2w1 So/Sp
Flanders: ESFJ 2w1 So/Sp
Comic book guy: INTP 5w6 Sp/So
Martin: INTJ 5w6 So/Sp
Burns: INTJ 5w6 So/Sx
Moe: ISFP 6w5 So/Sx
Groundskeeper Willie: ISTP 6w5 Sx/So
Millhouse: INFP 6w7 Sp/So
Jimbo: ISTP 7w8 Sp/Sx
Krusty the Clown: ESTP 7w8 So/Sx
Nelson: ESTJ 8w7 Sp/So
Superintendant Chalmer: ESTJ 8w9 Sp/So
Principal Skinner: ISTJ 1w9 So/Sp

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Homer: ESFP 7w6 So/Sx
Marge: ISFJ 9w1 Sp/So
Bart: ESTP 7w6 So/Sp
Lisa: ENFJ 3w4 So/Sp

Smithers: ISFJ 2w1 So/Sp
Flanders: ESFJ 2w1 So/Sp
Comic book guy: INTP 5w6 Sp/So
Martin: INTJ 5w6 So/Sp
Burns: INTJ 5w6 So/Sx
Moe: ISFP 6w5 So/Sx
Groundskeeper Willie: ISTP 6w5 Sx/So
Millhouse: INFP 6w7 Sp/So
Jimbo: ISTP 7w8 Sp/Sx
Krusty the Clown: ESTP 7w8 So/Sx
Nelson: ESTJ 8w7 Sp/So
Superintendant Chalmer: ESTJ 8w9 Sp/So
Principal Skinner: ISTJ 1w9 So/Sp

a few I disagree with
Principle Skinner: 6w5 sp/so (he has a rather david letterman-ish vibe)
Groundskeeper Willie: 6w7 sx/so (he seems more w7 than w5)
Bart: 7w8 so/sp

Spiritual Science

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
The Simpsons Characters?

What do you think?

I found this on google: http://www.slideshare.net/lntrullin/the-simpsons-myersbriggs-test

I think it's pretty accurate. I knew Marge is an ISFJ because I used to type as ISFJ. I also knew Homer was an ESFP, because I've been watching this show for about 14 years and well, I just knew.

Lisa - INFJ . . . I knew I always related to her.
Bart - not listed . . . I'd say ESFP as well

Any thoughts?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you think?

I found this on google: http://www.slideshare.net/lntrullin/the-simpsons-myersbriggs-test

I think it's pretty accurate. I knew Marge is an ISFJ because I used to type as ISFJ. I also knew Homer was an ESFP, because I've been watching this show for about 14 years and well, I just knew.

Any thoughts?

I haven't watched Simpson's in a good 20 years or more. I only watch Family Guy.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you think?

Any thoughts?

[MENTION=15399]Spiritual Science[/MENTION]
Homer: ESFP 7w8 So/Sx
Marge: ISFJ 9w1 Sp/Sx
Lisa: INFJ 3w4 So/Sp
Bart: ESTP 7w6 So/Sx
Moe: ISTP 6w5 So/Sx
Comic Book guy: I?TP 5w6 Sp/So
Millhouse: IN?P 6w7 Sp/So
Ms. Crabapple: ISTP 8w7? Sp/Sx
Principle Skinner: ISTJ 1w9 So/Sp

S

Society

What do you think?

Any thoughts?

bart was listed as an ESTP... and it sounds about right, with the occasional ENTP episodes.
lisa has being written in several forms throughout the series, ranging from an INFP to INFJ with the occasional INTP...
marge seems like an ENFJ in episodes that focus about her, while an ISFJ in most other episodes.

but i think this is understandable for a series that has being running this long and tries to not repeat itself...