Thread: The Simpsons Characters

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    I'm just laying out the facts. Sensing, like Intuition, has positive aspects and negative aspects. The positive is that sensors can notice and remember vital information that I just can't. Yesterday I almost burned down the house because I failed to notice the stove was still on. The negative is that they lack an imagination. I have an SP friend who's smarter than me and he still has to fake creativity through shameless plagiarizing.
    Quite an extensive research sample you have here.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Banned Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I'm just laying out the facts. Sensing, like Intuition, has positive aspects and negative aspects. The positive is that sensors can notice and remember vital information that I just can't. Yesterday I almost burned down the house because I failed to notice the stove was still on. The negative is that they lack an imagination. I have an SP friend who's smarter than me and he still has to fake creativity through shameless plagiarizing.
    The only thing you are "laying out" is a bunch of sterotypical bullshit.

You saying sensors lack imgaination is like saying you lack brains.. Oh wait!!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    The only thing you are "laying out" is a bunch of sterotypical bullshit.
    What exactly do you think the Sensing function is?

Jesus Christ, why does everyone always get so up in arms about this? You can say something bad and something good about pretty much every function. Sensors are unoriginal. Intuitors are loopy and out of touch with reality. Thinkers are robots. Feelers are saps. Perceivers are klutzes, and Judgers are tightasses. What is so wrong with this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Explain to me exactly what functions you think an SP uses. Initially you said Bart was too creative to be an SP. Now it is imaginative. Which is it?

Banned Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

First of all.. It's a preference.. I prefer red heads with small boobs.. But Will still find a bruntette with big boobs hot.
    Secondly we ALL USE all 8 functions.. so even if I have a sensing preference this does not exclude me from having intuition or an imgaination.

Anybody who scores 100% in any function should seek immediate Psychological help..

N's need their senses and sensors need their N.. no human is complete without all 8 functions..

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

First of all.. It's a preference.. I prefer red heads with small boobs.. But Will still find a bruntette with big boobs hot.
    Secondly we ALL USE all 8 functions.. so even if I have a sensing preference this does not exclude me from having intuition or an imgaination.

Anybody who scores 100% in any function should seek immeadiate Psychological help..

N's need their senses and sensors need their N.. no human is complete without all 8 functions..
    We all have all 8 functions yes, but that doesn't mean we're wholly competent at using them, or that they're fully developed. My sensing functions suck, both of them, which means that I have trouble noticing details or remembering experiences. Likewise, someone who is severely Ni-deficient would lack insight, and someone who is severely Ne-deficient would lack innovative ability. Part of the very definition of Sensing is that it's a down to earth function ground in facts and sensory cues. If one were to say that intuitives are unrealistic daydreamers, it would be no less offensive than saying sensors are unimaginative, and no less true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

We all have all 8 functions yes, but that doesn't mean we're wholly competent at using them, or that they're fully developed..
    In theory do you think that order of function shows ability to use the function?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

It shows preference, but preference is very heavily influenced by ability. That is to say, one could be able to use one function better or equally well as another but prefer the other (Whatever, for example, is an equally strong Ne and Se but prefers Se), but more often than not people gravitate towards the functions they find easiest to use. I don't use much Se or Si (despite enjoying some Se-stimulating experiences) because I find doing so exceedingly difficult, for example.

And then there are functions you just can't shut down or turn on at will. I have a (n unconfirmed) theory that Fe and Fi are such functions -- They control you, rather than the other way around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Banned Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

We all have all 8 functions yes, but that doesn't mean we're wholly competent at using them, or that they're fully developed. My sensing functions suck, both of them, which means that I have trouble noticing details or remembering experiences. Likewise, someone who is severely Ni-deficient would lack insight, and someone who is severely Ne-deficient would lack innovative ability. Part of the very definition of Sensing is that it's a down to earth function ground in facts and sensory cues. If one were to say that intuitives are unrealistic daydreamers, it would be no less offensive than saying sensors are unimaginative, and no less true.
    Also The T function and F function are both rational functions. They are born of intellect and have sweet fuck all to do with how emotional a person is. they are value judgment systems.. One based on objectivity and one based on subjectivity.. Therefore Fs can be robots and Ts can overemotional.

Insight??? The worlds best Police detectives are sensors as a rule.. yeah there is no insight needed there.. OR N and S arrive at the same place, but just take a different route to get there.. Both are incredibly insightful in their own respects .. and guess what else??.. they compliment each other beautifuly .. It's kinda hard to put that Intution to practice if you are not living in a physical world. It's kinda hard to expand on what your senses tell you if you have no thought process or insight.

P as Klutz's .. Hmmm tell that to all those Professional athletes who are so obviously SP's..

And oh yeah .. I have never seen a J bend either.. it's amazing they have friends and lovers.. how they keep their jobs and aren't murdered daily in the name of compromise.

You Sir.. need to learn to think outside of the box.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Also The T function and F function are both rational functions. They are born of intellect and have sweet fuck all to do with how emotional a person is. they are value judgment systems.. One based on objectivity and one based on subjectivity.. Therefore Fs can be robots and Ts can overemotional.
    Thinkers make decisions on basis of logical thought. Feelers make decisions based on emotions. This of course does not mean Thinkers are unemotional or that Feelers are unthinking, but it does mean that Feelers are more likely to act emotionally and Thinkers to act rationally.

Insight??? The worlds best Police detectives are sensors as a rule.. yeah there is no insight needed there
    Most police detectives collect evidence, find something that their training tells them will point to the perp, and make the arrest. Completely S, and completely devoid of insight. Contrast that to Holmesian deductive detective work, which consists of drawing connections based on seemingly unrelated details that a Sensor would notice, but likely discard as irrelevant because they can't make the connection.

.. OR N and S arrive at the same place, but just take a different route to get there..
    Sensors and intuitors seldom arrive at the same conclusion, precisely because they take two different approaches. Comparing ESTJs to ENTJs for example, ESTJs are better administrators, but completely lack vision or a grand strategy. They need others to provide it.

It's kinda hard to put that Intution to practice if you are not living in a physical world. It's kinda hard to expand on what your senses tell you if you have no thought process or insight.
    Well, yeah, that's kinda my point. Because sensors have a strong Sensing function and a weak Intuitive function, they find it more difficult to expound on what their senses tell them, but have stronger capabilities in actually noticing minutiae and thus uncovering details. Because intuitors have a weak Sensing function and a strong Intuitive function, they have trouble noticing their surroundings, but have no problem extrapolating a greater meaning, connections and insights from what they do notice.

P as Klutz's .. Hmmm tell that to all those Professional athletes who are so obviously SP's..
    You're right, I fucked that up. Klutziness is an NP trait (derived from lack of awareness to surroundings), rather than P. Ps, instead, are spontaneous, unmotivated and aimless.

You Sir.. need to learn to think outside of the box.
    I have no problem thinking outside the box. So far I have concluded that cognitive processes (Particularly the tertiary and inferior functions) do not necessarily fit a person's type, and that at least one type (ENTJ) does not fit its functions, given the very definition of how the dominant and auxiliary functions work. In other words, that Jung may or may not have been on acid when he wrote them up. But that's a whole thread onto itself, so I'd rather not get into it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast