User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Man, you've gotta teach me this simple contradiction tactic too--it's nothing short of brilliant!
    I'll break it down for you. All of the text in bold = informative (or perceptive statements). All of the plain text is directive.

Go to INFJ or INFP? a closer look

Go down to Your Preferred Communication Style and read the link in its entirety.

While the link in question contrasts INFPs with INFJs, you can substitute "ISFP" for "INFP" in the text in question.

All types communicate in very distinctive styles, or forms. The forms by which INFJs communicate are directive; the forms by which IFPs communicate are informative.

This is a very well-known and researched feature of MBTI theory.

Once you become familiar with what these forms look like--and it isn't rocket science, it's just pattern recognition--you can easily read an sufficiently long interview with someone like George Harrison (or Bob Dylan or John Lennon) and go "Oh, this person prefers an informative communication style. Therefore, he can't be an INFJ."

When you start doing this it can be complex. Imagine using a flow-chart to determine whether an animal is a cat or a fox. When you get more experienced and adept at this it's really easy.

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    My god. You are so arrogant.
    As a very close ENTP friend put it, "you don't suffer fools gladly." But I personally don't mind confidence in ones abilities when one has those abilities.

No wonder I'm a Floyd Mayweather (ESFP) fan!
    YouTube - FIGHTHYPE FLASHBACK: MAYWEATHER VS. GATTI

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    I'll break it down for you. All of the text in bold = informative (or perceptive statements). All of the plain text is directive.

Go to INFJ or INFP? a closer look

Go down to Your Preferred Communication Style and read the link in its entirety.

While the link in question contrasts INFPs with INFJs, you can substitute "ISFP" for "INFP" in the text in question.

All types communicate in very distinctive styles, or forms. The forms by which INFJs communicate are directive; the forms by which IFPs communicate are informative.

This is a very well-known and researched feature of MBTI theory.

Once you become familiar with what these forms look like--and it isn't rocket science, it's just pattern recognition--you can easily read an sufficiently long interview with someone like George Harrison (or Bob Dylan or John Lennon) and go "Oh, this person prefers an informative communication style. Therefore, he can't be an INFJ."

When you start doing this it can be complex. Imagine using a flow-chart to determine whether an animal is a cat or a fox. When you get more experienced and adept at this it's really easy.

Ahh, you seem to be very confused.

Here, this should help you out:

In typology we categorize personality types using four-letter abbreviations to denote preferences in terms of preferred styles of Perception (taking in information) Judgment (making decisions with it.)

There are eight different possible designations which, in MBTI (that's Myers-Briggs Personality Inventory) terms represent four "sliding scales" of preference.

So when you're first starting out, try to determine through observation whether a person is:

1) Introverted or Extroverted,

2) Sensing or iNtuitive,

3) Thinking or Feeling (we discussed this one above--scroll up if you need a reminder!) and

4) Perceiving or Judging.

Don't worry too much about confusing terms like "Se" or "Ti" just yet--for now just focus on the fundamentals.

If you need any more help with understanding these terms or the way they apply to personality study, feel free to PM me!
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Apparently we are experiencing a Typology 101 lesson via all this arrogant bickering. At least the ego contest is good for something, even if the information is all also available in a simple wikipedia article...

So what are the 8 functions again?

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Apparently we are experiencing a Typology 101 lesson via all this arrogant bickering. At least the ego contest is good for something, even if the information is all also available in a simple wikipedia article...

So what are the 8 functions again?
    I assume you know them (Fi, Fe, Ti, Te, Ni, Ne, Si, Se) but if not, the obvious place to start is Amazon.com: Psychological Types (Collected Works of C.G. Jung Vol.6) (9780691018133): C. G. Jung, Gerhard Adler, R. F.C. Hull: Books

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    I assume you know them (Fi, Fe, Ti, Te, Ni, Ne, Si, Se) but if not, the obvious place to start is Amazon.com: Psychological Types (Collected Works of C.G. Jung Vol.6) (9780691018133): C. G. Jung, Gerhard Adler, R. F.C. Hull: Books
    What's a Jung?

What's a Jung?
    An INTJ who had an NDE, which greatly influenced his writing
    Carl Jung - near-death experiences

Incidentally--or not--one of the best writers on the subject of NDEs is also an INTJ--P.M.H Atwater:

YouTube - 1 Interview Near-Death Researcher

YouTube - 2 Interview Near-Death Researcher

YouTube - 3 Interview Near-Death Researcher

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

My favorite Beatle by a long shot and I don't want to think about his type. I just really enjoy the music!!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

What's a Jung?
    What does "?" mean
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

Quote Originally Posted by Avis View Post
    What does "?" mean
    I'm not sure, but one magically appeared at the end of my post. Why does this stuff always feel so complicated?
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.