• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

George Harrison, INTP?

Fecal McAngry

I'll get to reading all of this later, but my first impression is that you place waaaaaay too much stock in these arbitrary descriptions of communication styles.
They are not arbitrary. Communication styles are one of the most researched and consistent features of MBTI. (Go here and get materials to read: CAPT: Training, Books, Research for MBTI, Archetypes, Leadership, Psychological Type. )They reflect a simple and verifiable reality, which is reliable and has been shown to be reliable by much research--that MBTI preferences and attitudes are reflected in use of language. All types have a preferred extroverted function; this function is the dominant function in their verbal communications. In the case of extroverts, that preference is similarly apparent in writing; in the case of introverts, you do notice a shift from extroverted function to dominant function, as a result, INJs, for example, will often write in a more open-ended style than they will speak in, in the case of INFPs or INTPs, you will see a greater tendency toward use of a judging function.

This isn't something that INTJ Lenore disputes, btw, or really anyone of note that I'm aware of.

Incidentally...
The types which can be a bit tricky are STPs. This isn't because STPs don't follow the same rules as other types; they do. The problem is that Extroverted Sensation supported by Ti can appear nearly as blunt and directive or definitive as Te.

Fecal McAngry

I see psychological type as determined by what is most important to a person's sense of self, not the style in which he communicates.
As you know, only extroverts extrovert via their dominant function. Therefore all you know for certain when someone communicates to you via intuition, for example, is that that person is an NP.

Lenore uses the Star Trek analogy; Kirk was an extrovert, he always went down to the planet with his away team and left Spock behind on board the Enterprise. Picard was an introvert, he stayed behind and let his second in command take the risk. So it is with people...

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
The Harrison interview only furthers my belief that his communication style is abstract, and therefore more likely an N type of some sort.

Fecal McAngry

someone other than Jung made up later on to generalize his/her interpretations of Jung's writings. You're not using firsthand sources.

Of course, Jung was not a first hand source. Typology predates Jung. Moreover, even though I know you know that "not using first hand sources" is a specious argument, Jung's writings on personality type are enormously, enormously insightful, concise and imply much of what we know today that is not explicitly contained in his profiles of the eight types...Jung understood that was he was doing primarily was discovering, not inventing.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
omg that is amazing.....it means you can use the beatles to represent the 4 big divides of mbti!
it does, however, not explain why i love paul mccartney so much. mmm.....

Surely some kind of NF - Idealistic, Mystical. I'd say INFP.

John Lennon - NT
Ringo Starr - SP
Sir Paul McCartney - SJ. Can you imagine Lennon ever being knighted?

Jae Rae

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
and since there is little resolution in this thread, i'm going to offer my voice to the choir of mess lol:

Lennon - ENTP (pretty sure)
McCartney - ESFJ (he cannot be a P because he has shitbuckets of Fe. I'm on the verge between I or E)
Harrison - INFJ
Starr - ISTP

Ananse

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've been tumbling this one for years, and I seriously think I have a relevant theory at last... I've tried to focus on group dynamics, how they got along and did not get along with eachother.

Ringo ESTP
George INFJ
John INTJ
Paul ISFP

Ringo was the one actually holding things together, the one not really in personal conflict with anyone. Clever and socially competent. I'm not completely satisfied with this one, but I decided ESTP. The most obvious one to me seems to be George being INFJ. I easily pair this with all that Hindu stuff. This would mean that these two share the same functions, only opposite order. Nothing in common really, but no friction. One being an extraverted Introvert and an intellectual Feeler, the other one an introspective Extravert and an emotional Thinker. Should be able of entertaining eachother and generally get along well.

Also George should be on natural collision course with the great egos. . In relation to those two guys, George himself not seeking conflict. Retracts, fiddling with his own.

Between John and Sir, there is a matching of functions, rather similar to the one between George and Ringo. Not quite as consequent though, perhaps a bit more toxic...

John cold, reckless, neurotic, dominant, demanding, destructive, self-concious, self-obsessed and self-pitying. Paul harmonic, extraverted, adaptable, slippery, controlling via manipulation rather than open conflict. Seemingly open-minded, easy-going and diplomatic. Both also being a lot more important than the other...,

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Beatles were possibly an Alpha Quadra band

John ILE

Paul ESE

George LII

Ringo SEI

Ananse

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think I can say without any doubt that John was no ENTP. Nor ILE or whatever.
More or less impossible. I rarely fail spotting them. If hesitant it's usually someone who might as well be a freaked out INFJ like Australian philosopher Peter Singer. Or it's a fictional character like Walter Bishop from The Fringe, who might be INTP. I also needed some thinking regarding Pennywise! ESTP, ENFJ, even ENFP and INFJ passed through my head.
ENTP is Hermes, Prometheus, Norse trickster god Loke, The Devil and his advocate, the Disney Araqua, Deadpool, Ricky Gervais. Natural assholes like Mick Jagger, though rarely out of bitterness or feelings of being superior -- which is my impression regarding John.
No sense whatsoever about personal gain or power over other people. More or less incapable of actually feeling bad. Even when highly intelligent, in practice retards. In most cases completely useless -- however 'the last man standing' will probably be one.
JohnLennon would never had invented a time machine, nor moved on his own to a concrete bunker with food and iodine supplies for ten generations.
The only member of the group who possibly would is George. The time machine would probably be a collaboration between him and Ringo -- or perhaps George Martin. The nuclear shelter perhaps a collaboration with John. George and Sir might have become a successful duo as designers for IKEA.

Ananse

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
omg that is amazing.....it means you can use the beatles to represent the 4 big divides of mbti! it does, however, not explain why i love paul mccartney so much. mmm.....
We actually already have Ramones for that purpose! Marky doesn't seem to have a personality -- nor even a brain in any traditional sense -- so it needs to be Tommy, the original leader of the group.

Tommy ENTJ
Johnny ISTJ
Dee Dee ESFP
Joey INFP

CJ ESTP
Richie ESTP

Seems like most people who passed through that group had a Te/Fi polarity. S before N, which is not exactly surprising, and T before F too, which probably is what saved Joey's, Dee Dee's and Marky's lives. 78 -- 83 and '87 -- '89, Johnny and tour manager Monte Melnick had all those three wild animals to handle simultaneously... When Marky returned he was at least sober. Joey too had sobered up. And then there came this young, disciplined, good mood, flexible and actually creative young military boy, Private Ward descended and released Dee Dee Dee and Johnny from eachother.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
More or less impossible. I rarely fail spotting them. If hesitant it's usually someone who might as well be a freaked out INFJ like Australian philosopher Peter Singer. Or it's a fictional character like Walter Bishop from The Fringe, who might be INTP. I also needed some thinking regarding Pennywise! ESTP, ENFJ, even ENFP and INFJ passed through my head.
ENTP is Hermes, Prometheus, Norse trickster god Loke, The Devil and his advocate, the Disney Araqua, Deadpool, Ricky Gervais. Natural assholes like Mick Jagger, though rarely out of bitterness or feelings of being superior -- which is my impression regarding John.
No sense whatsoever about personal gain or power over other people. More or less incapable of actually feeling bad. Even when highly intelligent, in practice retards. In most cases completely useless -- however 'the last man standing' will probably be one.
JohnLennon would never had invented a time machine, nor moved on his own to a concrete bunker with food and iodine supplies for ten generations.
The only member of the group who possibly would is George. The time machine would probably be a collaboration between him and Ringo -- or perhaps George Martin. The nuclear shelter perhaps a collaboration with John. George and Sir might have become a successful duo as designers for IKEA.

Wait, if ENTPs are useless, how could they build a time machine? That sounds like it's probably useful.

Ananse

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, to unsimplify... She can't set herself to build it even if knowing how to. You can't get make her, no matter what you do. Raise her pay, threaten with physical punishmemt, whatever.

She might suddenly build it.on mere impuls though. Most likely she will not -- inventing the time machine is after all a rather extreme happening. Still -- if someone eventually does, my guess is that this person turns out being ENTP -- or some synthesis of people forming something similar.

TSDesigner

MBTI Type
INTJ
george harrison is like the most obvious infj ever

Finally someone who knows what they're talking about. George Harrison has an INFJ face and vibe. He was very spiritual and was on a serious spiritual quest, so definitely an NF. He was introverted and serious. He cared about humanitarian causes.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
George Harrison is definitely INFJ. John Lennon is INFP.

- - - Updated - - -

Finally someone who knows what they're talking about. George Harrison has an INFJ face and vibe. He was very spiritual and was on a serious spiritual quest, so definitely an NF. He was introverted and serious. He cared about humanitarian causes.

Fully agree with this, fully.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Don't forget Hades for ENTP and Nick Wilde is ENTP.

John Lennon again is a clear INFP in my book, he lived by his values all the time and did controversial things with Yoko because he believed in it, Fi. He was idealistic, sees possibilities and imaginative and even has a song called Imagine! Ne, John Lennon is like the archetypical INFP. Made a lot of love songs, went against the norm, the list goes on.