User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 88

  1. #41
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    I thought you seriously believed GH was an INFJ. Now I get it--you were just an ENTP arguing a POV you know to be incorrect. My bad.
    I do seriously believe George Harrison was an INFJ.

    I don't, however, seriously believe any of your poor attempts to convince me otherwise, considering all you've done thus far is contradict me and paste a ton of interview quotes.

    How about some, I dunno, original content?

    Is that too much to ask?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I do seriously believe George Harrison was an INFJ.

    I don't, however, seriously believe any of your poor attempts to convince me otherwise, considering all you've done thus far is contradict me and paste a ton of interview quotes.

    How about some, I dunno, original content?

    Is that too much to ask?
    You mean you you read the interview above and you actually don't see that George's primary extroverted function is Se?

    I don't believe that. You are not that stupid.

  3. #43
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    You mean you you read the interview above and you actually don't see that George's primary extroverted function is Se?

    I don't believe that. You are not that stupid.
    I did read the interview, and I don't see very much Se. I suspect you've mistaken the fact that he recalls a lot of details for Se, but he did that largely because that's what the interviewer was asking him for.

    In the interest of showing me just how stupid I am, why don't you point out some instances in the interview that you think are representative of an Se value system and explain why, instead of just pasting and declaring that you're right?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  4. #44
    Is Willard in Footloose!! CJ99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    582

    Default

    Interesting Interview!

    I don't know that much about the beatles but the interview definatly screamed N and Ti analysis. His view on drugs is very similar to John the chillis guitarist whos weird surname I can't recall. A sort of yeah it was shit at times but I learnt so much it was worth it view.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

    "Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

    "Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I did read the interview, and I don't see very much Se. I suspect you've mistaken the fact that he recalls a lot of details for Se, but he did that largely because that's what the interviewer was asking him for.

    In the interest of showing me just how stupid I am, why don't you point out some instances in the interview that you think are representative of an Se value system and explain why, instead of just pasting and declaring that you're right?
    I will when I have time. For now, re-read the info on INFJ or INFP? a closer look labeled "Your Preferred Communication Style" and then read this interview with Paula Cole, who is an actual INFJ. You will notice that the contrast between Se and Fe is night/day:

    Who on earth is Paula Cole? | Interview | Find Articles at BNET

  6. #46
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    I think both of you are hilarious because you both think you can read an interview and identify what function the person is using in each thing they say. Why do we have scientists working on cures for diseases and all this new technology and stuff when we have sim and Fecal, who are clearly the greatest geniouses to walk the Earth!
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I think both of you are hilarious because you both think you can read an interview and identify what function the person is using in each thing they say. Why do we have scientists working on cures for diseases and all this new technology and stuff when we have sim and Fecal, who are clearly the greatest geniouses to walk the Earth!
    Did you read the link in question?

  8. #48
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    Did you read the link in question?
    Which one?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  9. #49
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I think both of you are hilarious because you both think you can read an interview and identify what function the person is using in each thing they say. Why do we have scientists working on cures for diseases and all this new technology and stuff when we have sim and Fecal, who are clearly the greatest geniouses to walk the Earth!
    Fair point, except for the part about Fecal being a genius.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Which one?
    Go to INFJ or INFP? a closer look

    Go down to Your Preferred Communication Style and read the link in its entirety.

    While the link in question contrasts INFPs with INFJs, you can substitute "ISFP" for "INFP" in the text in question.

    All types communicate in very distinctive styles, or forms. The forms by which INFJs communicate are directive; the forms by which IFPs communicate are informative.

    This is a very well-known and researched feature of MBTI theory.

    Once you become familiar with what these forms look like--and it isn't rocket science, it's just pattern recognition--you can easily read an sufficiently long interview with someone like George Harrison (or Bob Dylan or John Lennon) and go "Oh, this person prefers an informative communication style. Therefore, he can't be an INFJ."

    When you start doing this it can be complex. Imagine using a flow-chart to determine whether an animal is a cat or a fox. When you get more experienced and adept at this it's really easy.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] INTPs RE: the Telephone
    By Sandy in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 08-16-2008, 03:02 PM
  2. [INTP] Defeatism created by INTP type description
    By ygolo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-15-2008, 06:24 PM
  3. [INTP] Rant on INTPs
    By ygolo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 230
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 11:12 AM
  4. [INTP] INTP Rage
    By Schizm in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 10:38 AM
  5. [INTP] Good things about INTPs
    By lastrailway in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 11:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO