User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

NFs are capable of making up and following unconventional moral codes for themselves. If loyalty to their literal and/or figurative family happens to be one of their more important values, then it would be possible to justify any number of conventionally immoral things. It might be a lesser of two evils justification, but it would be enough justification to act. If vengeance was involved, so much the easier.

Why do people always think we are nice? I mean, I know we are, but to the same degree we can be nice, we can swing around and be mean.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    NFs are capable of making up and following unconventional moral codes for themselves. If loyalty to their literal and/or figurative family happens to be one of their more important values, then it would be possible to justify any number of conventionally immoral things. It might be a lesser of two evils justification, but it would be enough justification to act. If vengeance was involved, so much the easier.

Why do people always think we are nice? I mean, I know we are, but to the same degree we can be nice, we can swing around and be mean.
    Well there is a difference between being nice and being unethical. But I can see your point about accepting the lesser of two evils. I could imagine an NF being part of a mob if they thought it lead to some type of greater good. (Also I could see exceptionally unhealthy NF's as part of the mob too.)
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I know! I'm a complete asshole!!! And I am proud to proclaim it! It's taken me awhile to get this way, but I finally achieved my goal. I used to be too nice. That's the OCD in me. I'm either gonna be an angel or the Devil himself. Its really hard for me personally to find a happy medium, but I try my best to do so. LOL.

Anyway, Meta brought something up to me on IM. We agree that INFJs, being the counselors, would make perfect consiglieres! This is pretty much the same thing as an Underboss in actual organized crime syndicates. But its one that I think people would understand better because of Hollywood. Its cool, because that is what I've always wanted to be in the mob. That or a hitman. Oh well, I'm a man of multiple talents. Let's shoot for both!!! LMFAO!!!

I am INTP and I could see myself being a consiglieri-type, and depending on the situation or my comfort level with the boss, probably the consiglieri himself. I say this because I've been in situations before, even recently, where I had to give advice to somebody in charge and I can come to a logical decision with relative ease, approaching the problem from directions that others wouldn't have thought to.

Part of the consiglieri's task is to represent the family from the legitimate sector as well as the illegitimate aspect of the family business. For this reason, I would probably not make a good consiglieri as my people skills aren't very well developed; I simply don't care enough to develop them. The consiglieri's job is more than just advising, like I said.. he's the official face of the family. He is often the go-between with other heads of family. Example: The Don Stracci might have business with Don Corleone, so he is going to contact Tom Hagen, Corleone's consiglieri. Tom Hagen is going to go through everything in his head, why he's being contacted, how this could work against his boss, what the Stracci family has to gain by whatever their proposal was, ect. ect., and present this to his boss in a fashion that would most benefit him. Such is the way of an INTP. INTPs make good attorneys also, which is a definately plus for a consiglieri.

I wouldn't make much of an enforcer as we don't tend to get violent or angry very easily unless our firmest beliefs are infringed upon.. simply having a boss approach me and say "Hey, go whack this fella'," isn't going to motivate me very much to go and do it. Not only that, but INTPs don't like to be leaders or followers. As for the head of a family, I would probably be more like a Michael Corleone boss than another, secluding myself to the ones I know and not trying to bring in fresh blood to replace those that we lose.. and for that reason my family would fall much like his did. I would only want to deal with people I'm comfortable with being around, and in a business like that, you need to be comfortable around a lot of strangers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    ... if you don't know who Neil Peart is, then you're probably going to hell.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

If you've read any organized crime books, particularly one's that are based on true stories, like "Wiseguy", or "Donnie Brasco", it is clear that the majority are SJ's. With the hierarchy and strict rules that must be obeyed and enforced, its a typical environment for SJ's. Obviously with the exception of the wives, most are probably STJ's. Not to say that there aren't other types of course. The SP's are usually associate's who naturally are unwilling to make a commitment to one family. ESTP's however, stand out in the books. There's always one or two either power hungry psychopaths, or maybe the lucky/scary/ruthless one's who actually made it to the top. As far as NT's and NF's... I've never read any mob book with a character that made me think of either. Donnie Brasco himself comes to mind as a possible ENTJ, but he was an undercover FBI agent.

MBTI
    ESTJ

ESTP, maybe is the most common type among gangsters-robbers/killers/racketeers.