User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Degrassi (all generations) and type

Default Degrassi (all generations) and type

I know Degrassi can be sappy and over-the-top, but I love it anyway. My mom introduced Degrassi Junior High to me when I was 14, and since then, I've been a fan...

I'm fairly new to typing, so be easy on me if I'm really off.

I need to rewatch Degrassi Junior High and High, but here are a couple:

Joey - ENFP or ESFP
    Caitlin - INFJ

And ones I'm fairly sure about for Degrassi: The Next Generation...

Emma - ENFJ
    Manny - ENFP or ESFP
    Toby - INTP or INTJ
    Sean - ISTP
    Liberty - ISTJ
    Paige - ESFJ
    JT - ENFP or ESFP
    Ellie - INtP or INfP
    Jay - ESTP and awesome
    Alex - ISTP
    Peter - ESTP
    Clare - INFJ
    Holly J - ENTJ
    Sav - ISFP
    KC - InfP, although he's tricky to type
    Connor - INTP or INTJ
    Declan - INTJ
    Wesley - INTP
    Eli - same as Ellie, INtP or INfP

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Moonflower View Post
    I know Degrassi can be sappy and over-the-top, but I love it anyway. My mom introduced Degrassi Junior High to me when I was 14, and since then, I've been a fan...

I'm fairly new to typing, so be easy on me if I'm really off.

I need to rewatch Degrassi Junior High and High, but here are a couple:

Joey - ENFP or ESFP
    Caitlin - INFJ

And ones I'm fairly sure about for Degrassi: The Next Generation...

Emma - ENFJ
    Manny - ENFP or ESFP
    Toby - INTP or INTJ
    Sean - ISTP
    Liberty - ISTJ
    Paige - ESFJ
    JT - ENFP or ESFP
    Ellie - INtP or INfP
    Jay - ESTP and awesome
    Alex - ISTP
    Peter - ESTP
    Clare - INFJ
    Holly J - ENTJ
    Sav - ISFP
    KC - InfP, although he's tricky to type
    Connor - INTP or INTJ
    Declan - INTJ
    Wesley - INTP
    Eli - same as Ellie, INtP or INfP
    While I happen to have just recently registered for these forums a few minutes or so back, I must say nonetheless that, as an avid fan of the Degrassi series myself, I must say I agree with each of your types for the characters, although Sav's truly surprised me, since I'd never quite thought of him as being ISFP before although I can see him as one now that i think of it. As for other characters you didn't type yourself:

Hazel (Paige's best friend/ side-kick throughout the earlier seasons)- ESFJ
    Ashley- classic INFJ 4w5.
    Rick- INFJ, although quite an unhealthy one at that.
    Terri- ISFP or INFP
    Spinner- ESTJ
    Jane- EnTP?
    Kendra (Toby's crush and girlfriend throughout the earliest seasons, also Spinner's adoptive sister)- INTp
    Anya- either ISFP or EnFP.

Craig- an unhealthy ISFP.
    As KC himself, he is tricky to type initially, yet nonetheless, he seemed to make rather brash decision making on the basis of his, often unstable, feelings in the moment and seemed to likewise live in the present without much outward look towards the future. He appeared to be swayed rather easily by emotions connected to the now as well, and seemed to have more so interests upon things involving in the senses as well as self-expression if anything. Craig also didn't strike me as being much of an extrovert at all.

Jimmy Brooks- ENFJ.
    I see him as being such due to his having seemed to be rather outgoing and extroverted while still seeming that all around nice guy likewise that everyone seemed to care for, and the way in which he handled the situation after finding out Spinner's involvement with the shooting made me feel he was more so projecting that certain type of intense and downright punitive shunning ENFJs are said to display when really angered or offended by something in particular.

Marco- INFJ or ISFJ
    Darcy- ENFJ
    Alli- ESFP
    Way too motivated by her own feelings at times to seem as much of a Ti user at all, although I used to see her more as ESTP when she first appeared in season 8, and she certainly seems to live in the present moment as well.

Bianca- ESTP
    Jenna- ESFP

Fiona- iSFP.
    May be ESFP as well, and yet I see her slightly as being more introverted and motivated by her Fi for some reason than her Se, particularly seen with how she reacts initially towards Holly J. and Declan's past relationship as well as how she seems to be constantly motivated more so by what she is feeling within than what occurs externally. Once more, another slightly unhealthy ISFP.

Johnny DiMarco- ISTP
    Riley- ISfJ?
    Zane- ISFP
    Adam- either INtP or INfP
    Leia- underdeveloped

I see Manny as being more ENFP than ESFP, although, since she seemed slightly more imaginative as well as romantic, particularly where it concerned love, than a sensor would be, and appeared to have that natural sort of zesty bubbliness I feel an ENFP would have within as well. I truly feel, although, that JT could have been either type and really have a bit of trouble granting him one of the other in specific, although still I'm fairly certain he most probably was an ExFP of some sort, and that Eli, more recently, seems to be leaning more so on the INFP side as he appears reveals more of his vulnerabilities towards the audience than INTP. I agree on Wesley's being an INTP as well, and feel Toby is the same type as well.

Even though I realize Degrassi can appear over-the-top and melodramatic as you stated as well, I nonetheless just love this series and literally have watched each episode from the first 9 seasons (although I caught up admittedly on some of the seasons due to a marathon that was on Teennick last summer...).

Craig- an unhealthy ISFP.
    As KC himself, he is tricky to type initially, yet nonetheless, he seemed to make rather brash decision making on the basis of his, often unstable, feelings in the moment and seemed to likewise live in the present without much outward look towards the future. He appeared to be swayed rather easily by emotions connected to the now as well, and seemed to have more so interests upon things involving in the senses as well as self-expression if anything. Craig also didn't strike me as being much of an extrovert at all.
    Now that I think of it, I can't see any way he could be anything besides a sick ISFP. Man, I feel so blind for not seeing that...

Darcy- ENFJ
    I can't see Darcy as an extrovert. I was actually aiming at her being an ISFJ.

Alli- ESFP
    Way too motivated by her own feelings at times to seem as much of a Ti user at all, although I used to see her more as ESTP when she first appeared in season 8, and she certainly seems to live in the present moment as well.
    One thing I love about Alli is that she is a rare example of a very intelligent ESFP (ESFPs in media are usually portrayed as being about as smart as a baseball).

Fiona- iSFP.
    May be ESFP as well, and yet I see her slightly as being more introverted and motivated by her Fi for some reason than her Se, particularly seen with how she reacts initially towards Holly J. and Declan's past relationship as well as how she seems to be constantly motivated more so by what she is feeling within than what occurs externally. Once more, another slightly unhealthy ISFP.
    I can't see extroversion in her. At all.

... Eli, more recently, seems to be leaning more so on the INFP side as he appears reveals more of his vulnerabilities towards the audience than INTP. I agree on Wesley's being an INTP as well, and feel Toby is the same type as well.
    I still maintain INTP with good Fi. The elaborate schemes he had against Fitz seem more INTPish than INFP to me. As an INFP, I would blame myself for the conflict, feel extreme guilt, and just apologize to the guy on bended knee. He isn't as sensitive and sweet as many fangirls paint him as.

TypologyBentral.Bom Array chickpea's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i'm a little embarrassed to admit that i've seen every single episode of degrassi (not junior high) and i agree with pretty much all of these

An attempt at Enneagrams...

Emma - ENFJ 2w3
    Manny - ENFP 4w3
    Spinner - ESTJ 1w2
    Toby - INTP 5w4
    Ashley - INFJ 4w5
    Sean - ISTP 6w5cp
    Liberty - ISTJ 3w4
    Paige - ESFJ 2w3
    JT - ENFP 7w6
    Ellie - INFP 5w4
    Clare - INFJ 9w1 or 1w9
    Holly J - ENTJ 8w7
    KC - INFP, 6w7cp
    Connor - INTP or INTJ 5w6
    Riley - ISFJ 2w1
    Zane - ISFP 9w1 or 1w9
    Declan - INTJ 3w4
    Fiona - ISFP 4w3
    Jenna - ESFP 7w6
    Wesley - INTP 5w4
    Eli - INFP 4w5

Could Dave be an ESTJ? I'm not asking because of his supposed homophobia/transphobia, although his recent actions do remind me a bit like Spinner being a little slow to accept Marco as gay. I actually was going to guess ESTJ because he gives me an overall vibe that reminds me of Spinner.

Also, is it possible for Owen to be a misunderstood ENTP?

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Moonflower View Post
    An attempt at Enneagrams...

Emma - ENFJ 2w3
    Manny - ENFP 4w3
    Spinner - ESTJ 1w2
    Toby - INTP 5w4
    Ashley - INFJ 4w5
    Sean - ISTP 6w5cp
    Liberty - ISTJ 3w4
    Paige - ESFJ 2w3
    JT - ENFP 7w6
    Ellie - INFP 5w4
    Clare - INFJ 9w1 or 1w9
    Holly J - ENTJ 8w7
    KC - INFP, 6w7cp
    Connor - INTP or INTJ 5w6
    Riley - ISFJ 2w1
    Zane - ISFP 9w1 or 1w9
    Declan - INTJ 3w4
    Fiona - ISFP 4w3
    Jenna - ESFP 7w6
    Wesley - INTP 5w4
    Eli - INFP 4w5
    Agree with all these Enneagram types, Moonflower, and would like to contribute a few more myself .

Attempt at the new characters:

Imogen- ENFP 4w3 (She's been on Degrassi for only three episodes, and yet she already gives me this vibe.)

Jake- ISxP (probably more ISFP) 9w8? Still not too sure about him, since I haven't seen much of him...

Katie- ESTJ 1w2 (Katie is probably the biggest ESTJ I have ever seen on a fictional television series, and she most certainly seems like a one.)

Darcy- ISFJ 3w2 (I think. After observing Darcy better, I agree she is more of an introvert.)

Chantay- ESFJ 3w2 ( I don't like this character much, but I feel this could fit.)

What personality type do you think Jane, Adam, Anya, and Marco could be, since I'm not exactly sure of Anya's yet (although she might be some sort of xxFP)?

I find it interesting that you think Dave is an ESTJ as well, but can you explain to me why you think this a bit better?

Also, would Danny be the same type as JT?

Imogen- ENFP 4w3 (She's been on Degrassi for only three episodes, and yet she already gives me this vibe.)
    I got this vibe from her, too. She has a lot of personality.

Jake- ISxP (probably more ISFP) 9w8? Still not too sure about him, since I haven't seen much of him...
    My first guess was actually ISTP. He has that independent "just the facts and none the drama, ma'am" that I get from ISTPs.

What personality type do you think Jane,
    No idea. ENTP? ESTP?

Adam,
    INTP. I was split between INTP and INFP, and the only reason is just his general vibe. He reminds me of a couple of INTPs I know.

Marco
    INFJ 1w9 or 9w1.
    Was down to ISFJ or INFJ, but my conclusion comes from:
    1) He seems very interested in social issues. Take, for instance, his taking part in things like the sex ed seminar, and his interest when Caitlyn talks about the work she's done in Africa.
    2) During what we saw of the college/university years, many of the classes he mentioned were about topics such as philosophy and psychology.
    3) He is, at one point, the only one willing to talk to/understand Spinner.

could be, since I'm not exactly sure of Anya's yet (although she might be some sort of xxFP)?
    I sort of think eNFP. She certainly does seem to live in a very idealistic world sometimes.

I find it interesting that you think Dave is an ESTJ as well, but can you explain to me why you think this a bit better?
    He is drawn to leadership positions (student council), does seem at least somewhat concerned about "what the group thinks", and, although he is slow to accept things, he wants to overall just be a simple, good person. At least, that is my impression.
    In some ways, I see him as this generation's Spinner, similar to how Clare is like Emma who was like Caitlyn.

Also, would Danny be the same type as JT?
    I can't figure him out, since season 4 Danny and season 8 Danny were, like, two different people. My wild guess would be eSFP. Can't see Ne at all.

Tried a few more:

Mo - E_TP, aiming at ENTP
    Marisol - ESFP or ESFJ

Old school:

Arthur - INTP(?)
    Alexa - ESFP
    Simon - ISFP or ISFJ
    Michelle - ISFP
    Wheels - ISTP(?)
    Claud - (obviously unhealthy) INFP
    Really interested in seeing people's guesses for Stephanie.

Anyone have any guesses for characters outside of students, such as teachers or parents from any generation?
    Last edited by Moonflower; 08-23-2011 at 10:00 PM.

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    IEI

Although I used to believe Katie was the most obvious ESTJ (based on her first appearance on the show), I'm starting to rethink her type. She seems more of the introverted and conscientious sort, probably more of an ISFJ or ISTJ. I'd like to think she's more of an ISFJ though, especially with her actions towards Drew and answers during the elections for school president. She might even be a 1w9 in the enneagram, although I'm still unsure.

I'm pretty certain Rick was an INFJ 4w5, although an obviously unhealthy one. I initially got an ESTPish vibe from Drew as well, although I've started to wonder whether he could actually be a mistyped ENFJ (although a different sort from Emma...). Bianca is probably an ISTP as Alex was, and so was Johnny (from seasons 8-9). Chantay was also a major ESFJ. I have no clue as to what Stephanie was, though.

What do you think Spike's, Snake's, Mia's, and Jimmy's types are?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast