• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Degrassi (all generations) and type

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know Degrassi can be sappy and over-the-top, but I love it anyway. My mom introduced Degrassi Junior High to me when I was 14, and since then, I've been a fan...

I'm fairly new to typing, so be easy on me if I'm really off.

I need to rewatch Degrassi Junior High and High, but here are a couple:

Joey - ENFP or ESFP
Caitlin - INFJ

And ones I'm fairly sure about for Degrassi: The Next Generation...

Emma - ENFJ
Manny - ENFP or ESFP
Toby - INTP or INTJ
Sean - ISTP
Liberty - ISTJ
Paige - ESFJ
JT - ENFP or ESFP
Ellie - INtP or INfP
Jay - ESTP and awesome
Alex - ISTP
Peter - ESTP
Clare - INFJ
Holly J - ENTJ
Sav - ISFP
KC - InfP, although he's tricky to type
Connor - INTP or INTJ
Declan - INTJ
Wesley - INTP
Eli - same as Ellie, INtP or INfP

MBTI Type
INFP
I know Degrassi can be sappy and over-the-top, but I love it anyway. My mom introduced Degrassi Junior High to me when I was 14, and since then, I've been a fan...

I'm fairly new to typing, so be easy on me if I'm really off.

I need to rewatch Degrassi Junior High and High, but here are a couple:

Joey - ENFP or ESFP
Caitlin - INFJ

And ones I'm fairly sure about for Degrassi: The Next Generation...

Emma - ENFJ
Manny - ENFP or ESFP
Toby - INTP or INTJ
Sean - ISTP
Liberty - ISTJ
Paige - ESFJ
JT - ENFP or ESFP
Ellie - INtP or INfP
Jay - ESTP and awesome
Alex - ISTP
Peter - ESTP
Clare - INFJ
Holly J - ENTJ
Sav - ISFP
KC - InfP, although he's tricky to type
Connor - INTP or INTJ
Declan - INTJ
Wesley - INTP
Eli - same as Ellie, INtP or INfP

While I happen to have just recently registered for these forums a few minutes or so back, I must say nonetheless that, as an avid fan of the Degrassi series myself, I must say I agree with each of your types for the characters, although Sav's truly surprised me, since I'd never quite thought of him as being ISFP before although I can see him as one now that i think of it. As for other characters you didn't type yourself:

Hazel (Paige's best friend/ side-kick throughout the earlier seasons)- ESFJ
Ashley- classic INFJ 4w5.
Rick- INFJ, although quite an unhealthy one at that.
Terri- ISFP or INFP
Spinner- ESTJ
Jane- EnTP?
Kendra (Toby's crush and girlfriend throughout the earliest seasons, also Spinner's adoptive sister)- INTp
Anya- either ISFP or EnFP.

Craig- an unhealthy ISFP.
As KC himself, he is tricky to type initially, yet nonetheless, he seemed to make rather brash decision making on the basis of his, often unstable, feelings in the moment and seemed to likewise live in the present without much outward look towards the future. He appeared to be swayed rather easily by emotions connected to the now as well, and seemed to have more so interests upon things involving in the senses as well as self-expression if anything. Craig also didn't strike me as being much of an extrovert at all.

Jimmy Brooks- ENFJ.
I see him as being such due to his having seemed to be rather outgoing and extroverted while still seeming that all around nice guy likewise that everyone seemed to care for, and the way in which he handled the situation after finding out Spinner's involvement with the shooting made me feel he was more so projecting that certain type of intense and downright punitive shunning ENFJs are said to display when really angered or offended by something in particular.

Marco- INFJ or ISFJ
Darcy- ENFJ
Alli- ESFP
Way too motivated by her own feelings at times to seem as much of a Ti user at all, although I used to see her more as ESTP when she first appeared in season 8, and she certainly seems to live in the present moment as well.

Bianca- ESTP
Jenna- ESFP

Fiona- iSFP.
May be ESFP as well, and yet I see her slightly as being more introverted and motivated by her Fi for some reason than her Se, particularly seen with how she reacts initially towards Holly J. and Declan's past relationship as well as how she seems to be constantly motivated more so by what she is feeling within than what occurs externally. Once more, another slightly unhealthy ISFP.

Johnny DiMarco- ISTP
Riley- ISfJ?
Zane- ISFP
Adam- either INtP or INfP
Leia- underdeveloped

I see Manny as being more ENFP than ESFP, although, since she seemed slightly more imaginative as well as romantic, particularly where it concerned love, than a sensor would be, and appeared to have that natural sort of zesty bubbliness I feel an ENFP would have within as well. I truly feel, although, that JT could have been either type and really have a bit of trouble granting him one of the other in specific, although still I'm fairly certain he most probably was an ExFP of some sort, and that Eli, more recently, seems to be leaning more so on the INFP side as he appears reveals more of his vulnerabilities towards the audience than INTP. I agree on Wesley's being an INTP as well, and feel Toby is the same type as well.

Even though I realize Degrassi can appear over-the-top and melodramatic as you stated as well, I nonetheless just love this series and literally have watched each episode from the first 9 seasons (although I caught up admittedly on some of the seasons due to a marathon that was on Teennick last summer...). :)

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Craig- an unhealthy ISFP.
As KC himself, he is tricky to type initially, yet nonetheless, he seemed to make rather brash decision making on the basis of his, often unstable, feelings in the moment and seemed to likewise live in the present without much outward look towards the future. He appeared to be swayed rather easily by emotions connected to the now as well, and seemed to have more so interests upon things involving in the senses as well as self-expression if anything. Craig also didn't strike me as being much of an extrovert at all.
Now that I think of it, I can't see any way he could be anything besides a sick ISFP. Man, I feel so blind for not seeing that... :shock:

Darcy- ENFJ
I can't see Darcy as an extrovert. I was actually aiming at her being an ISFJ.

Alli- ESFP
Way too motivated by her own feelings at times to seem as much of a Ti user at all, although I used to see her more as ESTP when she first appeared in season 8, and she certainly seems to live in the present moment as well.
One thing I love about Alli is that she is a rare example of a very intelligent ESFP (ESFPs in media are usually portrayed as being about as smart as a baseball).

Fiona- iSFP.
May be ESFP as well, and yet I see her slightly as being more introverted and motivated by her Fi for some reason than her Se, particularly seen with how she reacts initially towards Holly J. and Declan's past relationship as well as how she seems to be constantly motivated more so by what she is feeling within than what occurs externally. Once more, another slightly unhealthy ISFP.
I can't see extroversion in her. At all.

... Eli, more recently, seems to be leaning more so on the INFP side as he appears reveals more of his vulnerabilities towards the audience than INTP. I agree on Wesley's being an INTP as well, and feel Toby is the same type as well.
I still maintain INTP with good Fi. The elaborate schemes he had against Fitz seem more INTPish than INFP to me. As an INFP, I would blame myself for the conflict, feel extreme guilt, and just apologize to the guy on bended knee. He isn't as sensitive and sweet as many fangirls paint him as.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'm a little embarrassed to admit that i've seen every single episode of degrassi (not junior high) and i agree with pretty much all of these :)

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
An attempt at Enneagrams...

Emma - ENFJ 2w3
Manny - ENFP 4w3
Spinner - ESTJ 1w2
Toby - INTP 5w4
Ashley - INFJ 4w5
Sean - ISTP 6w5cp
Liberty - ISTJ 3w4
Paige - ESFJ 2w3
JT - ENFP 7w6
Ellie - INFP 5w4
Clare - INFJ 9w1 or 1w9
Holly J - ENTJ 8w7
KC - INFP, 6w7cp
Connor - INTP or INTJ 5w6
Riley - ISFJ 2w1
Zane - ISFP 9w1 or 1w9
Declan - INTJ 3w4
Fiona - ISFP 4w3
Jenna - ESFP 7w6
Wesley - INTP 5w4
Eli - INFP 4w5

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Could Dave be an ESTJ? I'm not asking because of his supposed homophobia/transphobia, although his recent actions do remind me a bit like Spinner being a little slow to accept Marco as gay. I actually was going to guess ESTJ because he gives me an overall vibe that reminds me of Spinner.

Also, is it possible for Owen to be a misunderstood ENTP?

MBTI Type
INFP

Emma - ENFJ 2w3
Manny - ENFP 4w3
Spinner - ESTJ 1w2
Toby - INTP 5w4
Ashley - INFJ 4w5
Sean - ISTP 6w5cp
Liberty - ISTJ 3w4
Paige - ESFJ 2w3
JT - ENFP 7w6
Ellie - INFP 5w4
Clare - INFJ 9w1 or 1w9
Holly J - ENTJ 8w7
KC - INFP, 6w7cp
Riley - ISFJ 2w1
Zane - ISFP 9w1 or 1w9
Declan - INTJ 3w4
Fiona - ISFP 4w3
Jenna - ESFP 7w6
Wesley - INTP 5w4
Eli - INFP 4w5

Agree with all these Enneagram types, Moonflower, and would like to contribute a few more myself :).

Attempt at the new characters:

Imogen- ENFP 4w3 (She's been on Degrassi for only three episodes, and yet she already gives me this vibe.)

Jake- ISxP (probably more ISFP) 9w8? Still not too sure about him, since I haven't seen much of him...

Katie- ESTJ 1w2 (Katie is probably the biggest ESTJ I have ever seen on a fictional television series, and she most certainly seems like a one.)

Darcy- ISFJ 3w2 (I think. After observing Darcy better, I agree she is more of an introvert.)

Chantay- ESFJ 3w2 ( I don't like this character much, but I feel this could fit.)

What personality type do you think Jane, Adam, Anya, and Marco could be, since I'm not exactly sure of Anya's yet (although she might be some sort of xxFP)?

I find it interesting that you think Dave is an ESTJ as well, but can you explain to me why you think this a bit better?

Also, would Danny be the same type as JT?

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Imogen- ENFP 4w3 (She's been on Degrassi for only three episodes, and yet she already gives me this vibe.)
I got this vibe from her, too. She has a lot of personality.

Jake- ISxP (probably more ISFP) 9w8? Still not too sure about him, since I haven't seen much of him...
My first guess was actually ISTP. He has that independent "just the facts and none the drama, ma'am" that I get from ISTPs.

What personality type do you think Jane,
No idea. ENTP? ESTP?

INTP. I was split between INTP and INFP, and the only reason is just his general vibe. He reminds me of a couple of INTPs I know.

INFJ 1w9 or 9w1.
Was down to ISFJ or INFJ, but my conclusion comes from:
1) He seems very interested in social issues. Take, for instance, his taking part in things like the sex ed seminar, and his interest when Caitlyn talks about the work she's done in Africa.
2) During what we saw of the college/university years, many of the classes he mentioned were about topics such as philosophy and psychology.
3) He is, at one point, the only one willing to talk to/understand Spinner.

could be, since I'm not exactly sure of Anya's yet (although she might be some sort of xxFP)?
I sort of think eNFP. She certainly does seem to live in a very idealistic world sometimes.

I find it interesting that you think Dave is an ESTJ as well, but can you explain to me why you think this a bit better?
He is drawn to leadership positions (student council), does seem at least somewhat concerned about "what the group thinks", and, although he is slow to accept things, he wants to overall just be a simple, good person. At least, that is my impression.
In some ways, I see him as this generation's Spinner, similar to how Clare is like Emma who was like Caitlyn.

Also, would Danny be the same type as JT?
I can't figure him out, since season 4 Danny and season 8 Danny were, like, two different people. My wild guess would be eSFP. Can't see Ne at all.

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tried a few more:

Mo - E_TP, aiming at ENTP
Marisol - ESFP or ESFJ

Old school:

Arthur - INTP(?)
Alexa - ESFP
Simon - ISFP or ISFJ
Michelle - ISFP
Wheels - ISTP(?)
Claud - (obviously unhealthy) INFP
Really interested in seeing people's guesses for Stephanie.

Anyone have any guesses for characters outside of students, such as teachers or parents from any generation?

Last edited:
MBTI Type
INFP
Although I used to believe Katie was the most obvious ESTJ (based on her first appearance on the show), I'm starting to rethink her type. She seems more of the introverted and conscientious sort, probably more of an ISFJ or ISTJ. I'd like to think she's more of an ISFJ though, especially with her actions towards Drew and answers during the elections for school president. She might even be a 1w9 in the enneagram, although I'm still unsure.

I'm pretty certain Rick was an INFJ 4w5, although an obviously unhealthy one. I initially got an ESTPish vibe from Drew as well, although I've started to wonder whether he could actually be a mistyped ENFJ (although a different sort from Emma...). Bianca is probably an ISTP as Alex was, and so was Johnny (from seasons 8-9). Chantay was also a major ESFJ. I have no clue as to what Stephanie was, though.

What do you think Spike's, Snake's, Mia's, and Jimmy's types are?

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm pretty certain Rick was an INFJ 4w5, although an obviously unhealthy one.
Or INFJ 5w4, yeah.
Of course, I'm assuming you mean TNG. There was also a Rick in the 80s series.

I initially got an ESTPish vibe from Drew as well, although I've started to wonder whether he could actually be a mistyped ENFJ (although a different sort from Emma...).
If we're thinking of the same Drew, ESFP. I think he's pretty easy to type. I have a ESFP guy friend who reminds me of Drew.

What do you think Spike's, Snake's, Mia's, and Jimmy's types are?
Spike: No clue, but I can try after rewatching the 80s series.
Snake: Certainly an introvert. ISFJ would be my very best guess or ISTJ. Enneagram 1w2, 2w1, 9w1, or 6w7.
Mia: ISFP 4w3.
Jimmy: ENFJ 8w9 or 9w8.

I'm actually working on a list of attempted typings for as many TNG characters as possible. Currently, there's somewhere around 50-55 characters on it.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been having a degrassi marathon and typed this up

Paige: esfj
hazel: esfj
Ashley: infj
Terri: isfp
spinner: estp
Craig: exfp
jimmy: enfj
Emma: enfj
manny: enfp
jt: esfp
Toby: intp
liberty: estj
Sean: istp
jay: estp
Alex: istp
Marco: isfj

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Holly J is a 3w4 ENTJ. She's a social climber to a fault. She's also my favorite character of the show.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram

Emma - ENFJ 2w3
Manny - ENFP 4w3
Spinner - ESTJ 1w2
Toby - INTP 5w4
Ashley - INFJ 4w5
Sean - ISTP 6w5cp
Liberty - ISTJ 3w4
Paige - ESFJ 2w3
JT - ENFP 7w6
Ellie - INFP 5w4
Clare - INFJ 9w1 or 1w9
Holly J - ENTJ 8w7
KC - INFP, 6w7cp
Riley - ISFJ 2w1
Zane - ISFP 9w1 or 1w9
Declan - INTJ 3w4
Fiona - ISFP 4w3
Jenna - ESFP 7w6
Wesley - INTP 5w4
Eli - INFP 4w5
Emma strikes me as more of a 1w2, especially from the first 3-4 seasons. Spinner is more of a 9w8 or 6w7. Paige seems more like 3w2, Clare a 9w1, Ellie a 6w7, and Declan a 2w1 INFJ. The rest seem right to me.

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is what I have so far.

Ones with an Enneagram (with some corrections from my last attempt):

Wesley Betencamp (s9-present) - INTP 5w4
Jimmy Brooks (s1-s8) - ENFJ 8w9
Marco Del Rossi (s1-s9) - INFJ 9w1 (although I can see ISFJ as well)
Clare Edwards (s6-present) - INFJ 9w1
Eli Goldsworthy (s10-present) - INFP 4w5
KC Guthrie (s8-present) - INFP 6w7
Jay Hogart (s3-s9) - ESTP 7w8
Toby Issacs (s1-s8) - INTP 5w4
Ashley Kerwin (s1-s8) - INFJ 4w5
Jake Martin (s11[present]) - IS_P 9w8
Spinner Mason (s1-s9) - ESTJ 6w7
Kendra Mason (s2-s3) - INTP 5w4
Paige Michaelchuck (s1-s8) - ESFJ 3w2 (isn't 3 the "athlete type", though?)
Jenna Middleton (s9-present) - ESFP 7w6
Imogen Moreno (s11[present]) - ENFP 4w3
Rick Murray (s3-s4) - INFJ 4w5
Ellie Nash (s2-s8) - INFP 6w7
Emma Nelson (s1-s9) - ENFJ 1w2
Zane Park (s10-s11[unless he gets a post-grad storyline]) - ISFP 9w1
Manny Santos (s1-s9) - ENFP 4w3
Holly J Sinclair (s7-s11[unless she gets a post-grad storyline]) - ENTJ 3w4
Peter Stone (s5-s10) - ESTP 7w6
Riley Stavros (s8-s11[unless he gets a post-grad storyline]) - ISFJ 2w1 (although ISTJ isn't out of question)
Danny Van Zandt (s4-s9) - ESFP 7w6
Liberty Van Zandt (s1-s9) - ISTJ 5w6 (or 6w5)
JT Yorke (s1-s6) - E_FP 7w6 (honestly, in some episodes, he seems ENFP and, others, ESFP... he really could have been either)

Others, no Enneagram decided yet:

Hazel Aden (s1-s5) - ESFJ
Alli Bhandari (s8-present) - ESFP
Sav Bhandari (s7-s11[unless he gets post-grad storyline, which I have a strong feeling he will]) - ISFP
Chantay Black (s4-s11[unless she gets post-grad storyline]) - ESFJ
Sean Cameron (s1-s7) - ISTP (is 9w8 possible?)
Declan Coyne (s9-s10) - INTJ (his feeling function seems introverted to me)
Fiona Coyne (s9-present) - ISFP
Bianca DeSousa (s10-present) - _STP
Johnny DiMarco (s6-s9) - ISTP
Darcy Edwards (s4-s8) - ISFJ
Derek Haig (s5-s9) - ESTP
Mia Jones (s6-s9) - ISFP
Marisol Lewis (s10-present) - ESFP
Terri MacGregor (s1-s3) - ISFP
Anya MacPherson (s7-s11[unless she gets post-grad storyline]) - ENFP
Craig Manning (s1-s7) - unhealthy _SFP
Mo Mashkour (s11[present]) - E_TP (my instinct is ENTP 7w6, which would make a lot of sense based on what we've seen of him)
Katie Matlin (s11[present]) - ISFJ
Owen Milligan (s10-present) - ESTP
Alex Nunez (s3-s7) - ISTP (6w7?)
Adam Torres (s10-present) - INTP
Drew Torres (s10-present) - _SFP
Dave Turner (s9-present) - ESTJ
Jane Vaughn (s7-s9) - E_TP

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I would guess 9w8 ISFP for Anya. She had this Anna Nicole Smith-air to her. Hazel was the same way. Fiona is almost a stereotypical 4w3.

Craig Manning seems like a 6w7 ESFP, as does Drew Torres. Owen seems more ESTJ to me (coaching Anya tipped me over).

BTW, I wonder if Rick Murray was actually an unhealthy sexual 1w2? I can't imagine a 4w5 being as controlling and overbearing as he was.

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
BTW, I wonder if Rick Murray was actually an unhealthy sexual 1w2? I can't imagine a 4w5 being as controlling and overbearing as he was.

I can be extremely controlling and over-bearing (and without the treatment I recieved and the support I had, likely could have brought a weapon to school), and I'm 90% sure that I'm a 4w5. It comes from feeling completely out of control when the world I fantasize about (or strongly feel SHOULD exist) does not at all match up to the real world around me, as well as things having felt alien.

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Updated.

Hazel Aden (s1-s5) - ESFJ 9w8
Wesley Betencamp (s9-present) - INTP 5w4
Jimmy Brooks (s1-s8) - ENFJ 8w9
Fiona Coyne (s9-present) - ISFP 4w3
Marco Del Rossi (s1-s9) - INFJ 9w1 (although I can see ISFJ as well)
Clare Edwards (s6-present) - INFJ 9w1
Eli Goldsworthy (s10-present) - INFP 4w5
KC Guthrie (s8-present) - INFP 6w7
Jay Hogart (s3-s9) - ESTP 7w8
Toby Issacs (s1-s8) - INTP 5w4
Ashley Kerwin (s1-s8) - INFJ 4w5
Anya MacPherson (s7-s11[unless she gets post-grad storyline]) - __FP (ENFP? ISFP? ESFP?) 9w8
Jake Martin (s11[present]) - IS_P 9w8
Craig Manning (s2-s8) - unhealthy _SFP 6w7
Spinner Mason (s1-s9) - ESTJ 6w7
Kendra Mason (s2-s3) - INTP 5w4
Paige Michaelchuck (s1-s8) - ESFJ 3w2
Jenna Middleton (s9-present) - ESFP 7w6
Imogen Moreno (s11[present]) - ENFP 4w3
Rick Murray (s3-s4) - unhealthy INFJ 4w5
Ellie Nash (s2-s8) - INFP 6w7
Emma Nelson (s1-s9) - ENFJ 1w2
Zane Park (s10-s11[unless he gets a post-grad storyline]) - ISFP 9w1
Manny Santos (s1-s9) - ENFP 4w3
Holly J Sinclair (s7-s11[unless she gets a post-grad storyline]) - ENTJ 3w4
Peter Stone (s5-s10) - ESTP 7w6
Riley Stavros (s8-s11[unless he gets a post-grad storyline]) - ISFJ 2w1 (although ISTJ isn't out of question)
Drew Torres - ESFP 6w7
Danny Van Zandt (s4-s9) - ESFP 7w6
Liberty Van Zandt (s1-s9) - ISTJ 5w6 (or 6w5)
JT Yorke (s1-s6) - E_FP 7w6 (honestly, in some episodes, he seems ENFP and, others, ESFP... he really could have been either)

No Enneagram decided yet:

Alli Bhandari (s8-present) - ESFP
Sav Bhandari (s7-s11[unless he gets post-grad storyline, which I have a strong feeling he will]) - ISFP
Chantay Black (s4-s11[unless she gets post-grad storyline]) - ESFJ
Bruce the Moose (no other name given) (s7-s9) - ESTP
Sean Cameron (s1-s7) - ISTP
Declan Coyne (s9-s10) - INTJ
Bianca DeSousa (s10-present) - _STP
Johnny DiMarco (s6-s9) - ISTP
Darcy Edwards (s4-s8) - ISFJ
Derek Haig (s5-s9) - ESTP
Mia Jones (s6-s9) - ISFP
Marisol Lewis (s10-present) - ESFP
Terri MacGregor (s1-s3) - ISFP
Mo Mashkour (s11[present]) - E_TP (my instinct is ENTP 7w6, which would make a lot of sense based on what we've seen of him)
Katie Matlin (s11[present]) - ISFJ
Owen Milligan (s10-present) - EST_
Alex Nunez (s3-s7) - ISTP (6w7?)
Adam Torres (s10-present) - INTP
Dave Turner (s9-present) - ESTJ
Jane Vaughn (s7-s9) - E_TP

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I think Jimmy is more of a 9 than an 8. He's a peacemaker almost to a fault.