• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ryan Gosling?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I related to him (as a potential 7w8) but he didn't really give off a 7 vibe to me at all. he seemed more like a 9w8 than a 7w8 looking back on it

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I related to him (as a potential 7w8) but he didn't really give off a 7 vibe to me at all. he seemed more like a 9w8 than a 7w8 looking back on it

You may have that impression because he's reletively mellow, and relaxed/slow. But 7 can be like this, especially if they are Sp/Sx. If you compare him to 7w8 Sx/Sp like Sawyer from Lost, or Jim Morrison, you'll see they are similars.

ryan-gosling2.jpg

gnli9ik7.jpg

He's also similar with Richard Branson, another ENFP 7w8 (but So/Sx).

richard_branson_01.jpg

BTW, I think he looks quite like you in this old photo:

polls_ryan_gosling_remember_the_titans_00_3354_382512_poll_xlarge.jpeg

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You may have that impression because he's reletively mellow, and relaxed/slow. But 7 can be like this, especially if they are Sp/Sx. If you compare him to 7w8 Sx/Sp like Sawyer from Lost, or Jim Morrison, you'll see they are similars.

yeah, that's more like me :D
I think Sp/Sx 7s have a stronger connection to 5 :yes:

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Shame so many we talk about aren't worth two shits in a barrel, or I'd have something to respond to.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Look, Speedy, get off the circlejerk carousel if you want to be taken seriously. You're more accurate than most, but come on.

Until then, fart.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Gosling's movie role choices strike me as ISFP also. One which comes to mind is Lars & The Real Girl. There's a realism to that movie with its mostly ordinary characters & one lonely oddball who highlights these basic human needs & qualities; it's an approach that seems like it would be extremely appealing to an ISFP.

Yes, that's one of his roles that resonates with me in the same way. There's just an earthy gentleness to him that I typically get from the male ISFPs I know.

IDK what enneagram he'd be. Possibly 9w8.

I'd agree with 9, but I'm not sure if his wings are strong. If I had to pick 1 or 8, I'd lean 8.

You think Sawyer's a 7?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes: consumate materialist epicurian, quick adapter and planner, rationalization. 7w8 Sx/Sp precisely.

If he is 7, why not w6? He's very counterphobic and thinks in terms of conforming/reacting against authority, rather than possessing true assertion for its own sake in the manner of an 8.

I also don't see the SX as first choice.

Why does it matter?

To be honest, it really doesn't. There's very little way to find common ground anyway if people disagree. I'm just bored enough to every once in awhile push back on something.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
To be honest, it really doesn't. There's very little way to find common ground anyway if people disagree. I'm just bored enough to every once in awhile push back on something.

Typing is like measuring distances. You need instruments.

That being said, in the movies "The notebook" and "Blue Valentine" he seems ENFP 7w6. But I don't remember the notebook that well, I watched it about 6 years ago.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If he is 7, why not w6? He's very counterphobic

Counterphobia suppose that there's phobia. What are his phobias?

and thinks in terms of conforming/reacting against authority,

7s are anti-authoritarian, so, it' normal.

rather than possessing true assertion for its own sake in the manner of an 8

Normal, he's a 7, not a 8. But the wing 8 give him a more string and tough side.

I also don't see the SX as first choice.

Why? Because he's not emo?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Typing is like measuring distances. You need instruments.

Well, I think instruments at least offer of quantifications. But there's a lot about type that is too complex and big picture and intuitive. I see it as kind of a lost cause, aside from what the blunt instruments can reveal.

Counterphobia suppose that there's phobia. What are his phobias?

Watch the show. The guy is a reactor -- he's always responding to perceived impositions on his freedom, to the point where he turns people away who have good intentions toward him because he's responding to things they never did and wouldn't do. He does it out of fear. This is more 6 than 8.

7s are anti-authoritarian, so, it's normal.

No, 7's want to be free to explore. This is not anti-authoritarian in the same way that 6's are.

Normal, he's a 7, not a 8. But the wing 8 give him a more string and tough side.

Yes. Sawyer is tough and resilient on the surface so he must be an 8. Compelling logic.

Why? Because he's not emo?

I'm not emo, and I'm an SX, so why would I be approaching it that way?

Sorry, I've learned not to invest more in the conversation than what I'm getting back, so this is my last exchange with you. You don't support your points, you don't address challenges deeply, and half your responses seem to be diversionary retorts that don't deal with the underlying point of my comments.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I think instruments at least offer of quantifications. But there's a lot about type that is too complex and big picture and intuitive. I see it as kind of a lost cause, aside from what the blunt instruments can reveal.

Watch the show. The guy is a reactor -- he's always responding to perceived impositions on his freedom, to the point where he turns people away who have good intentions toward him because he's responding to things they never did and wouldn't do. He does it out of fear. This is more 6 than 8.

No, 7's want to be free to explore. This is not anti-authoritarian in the same way that 6's are.

Yes. Sawyer is tough and resilient on the surface so he must be an 8. Compelling logic.

I'm not emo, and I'm an SX, so why would I be approaching it that way?

Sorry, I've learned not to invest more in the conversation than what I'm getting back, so this is my last exchange with you. You don't support your points, you don't address challenges deeply, and half your responses seem to be diversionary retorts that don't deal with the underlying point of my comments.

holistically speaking, Sawyer is not like a 7w6 at all. 7w6s are bubbly, ditzy, sociable and giggly

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp