• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Freud's type

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'd also like to add that obviosly any function can 'lend itself to psychology', including extraverted sensing.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
Somewhere in the back pages this has been covered. I think the types people guessed ranged from ISFP to ESFJ and many others, but no conclusion was made.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I would say an Extrovert of some sort, especially if he equated Introversion to narcissism. This would probably mean an ENFX, if he views narcissism as a negative thing.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
DEFINITELY an N, probably introverted, if you read some of his other ideas, he comes off as a T. I'm going J, but who knows. INTJ is my uneducated guess.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Judging by the fact that he actually gave up sex in order to sublimate his energy I would say he was an INXJ.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
omg, that's hilarious!
but, of course, he was also encouraging his patients to masturbate

Usehername

On a mission
DEFINITELY an N, probably introverted, if you read some of his other ideas, he comes off as a T. I'm going J, but who knows. INTJ is my uneducated guess.

see: website by PBS on his life

After watching the extraordinarily well done full-length video done by PBS on his life, he is without a doubt:

*very logical; detached emotions from his logic (although he had strong emotions) (xNTx)
*most strongly motivated by the need to achieve; be seen as a genius (xNTx)
*a devoted romantic (they showed some of his love letters to his wife when they were courting) but he ended up spending more time on his work than his relationships (xNTx)
*driven to apply his ideas to reality (xNTJ); i.e. it was not enough to fully understand, he HAD to apply it
*he revolutionized the way people approached "hysteria" and laid the foundations for a wave of understanding psychological patterns (abuse, somatoform disorders, conversion disorders, mood disorders, etc.) xNxx.

He seemed more introverted to me, however, he is without a doubt an xNTJ.

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
After studing the matter through many sources I am still not certain.

I think that

1 He was probably too neurotic to really fit with a given type
2 He was probably too much of a genius to fit with a given type

But here's what I think:

E (fairly obvious)
N (by a small margin)
T (extremely obvious)
J (only by an extremely small margin)

and with Jung:

I (extremely obvious)
N (extremely obvious)
T (fairly obvious)
P (very obscure)

actually, MBTI doesnt really seem to fit with Jung's personality. Ironic, huh?

I think the most accurate describtion of Jung is that he was an INTP with dominant Ni :huh:

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
After studing the matter through many sources I am still not certain.

I think that

1 He was probably too neurotic to really fit with a given type
2 He was probably too much of a genius to fit with a given type

But here's what I think:

E (fairly obvious)
N (by a small margin)
T (extremely obvious)
J (only by an extremely small margin)

and with Jung:

I (extremely obvious)
N (extremely obvious)
T (fairly obvious)
P (very obscure)

actually, MBTI doesnt really seem to fit with Jung's personality. Ironic, huh?

I think the most accurate describtion of Jung is that he was an INTP with dominant Ni :huh:

hmm. So we have Jung saying that Freud's system represents extraverted thinking, but we also have freud being extremely sensitive to any criticism, and supposedly quite a different person in real life than in his writings. also, none of his thinking was particularily generative (read *differentiated*).