User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Thread: Child Prodigies

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    I think INTJ should be the final verdict on Fischer's type.
    I second that motion

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I third that motion.

MBTI
    xNTP

Incidentally, regarding the Unabomber and the many other "interesting" members of society , is it possible that many of them are so insane that their personalities defy classification?

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Yes, let's type all chessplayers INTJ's!
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Incidentally, regarding the Unabomber and the many other "interesting" members of society , is it possible that many of them are so insane that their personalities defy classification?
    What exactly is insane?

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    What exactly is insane?
    Good question. To me it means severe mental disorder. Although severe is a very subjective term.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Good question. To me it means severe mental disorder. Although severe is a very subjective term.
    I think a person should only be labeled as insane if it's interfering with his/her own subjective quality of life -- if they are under personal stress -- not how well they fit into society. After all, mental or personality disorders are just certain behavioral traits classified by humans within the social bias.

A classic example is how loners are said to be unhealthy because they are independent or how imaginative people are said to have a mental disorder. And this is often how intelligent people often end up in special ed classes, even though there is nothing wrong with them outside of the bias within the authority.

Both loners and imaginative people are also victims of bullying, which I would think intensifies their likelihood of being diagnosed with a psychological disorder and of becoming more antisocial. This is probably how N types (regardless of I/E preference) become more misanthropic, all because society values more practical types.

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I think a person should only be labeled as insane if it's interfering with his/her own subjective quality of life -- if they are under personal stress -- not how well they fit into society. After all, mental or personality disorders are just certain behavioral traits classified by humans within the social bias.

A classic example is how loners are said to be unhealthy because they are independent or how imaginative people are said to have a mental disorder. And this is often how intelligent people often end up in special ed classes, even though there is nothing wrong with them outside of the bias within the authority.

Both loners and imaginative people are also victims of bullying, which I would think intensifies their likelihood of being diagnosed with a psychological disorder and of becoming more antisocial. This is probably how N types (regardless of I/E preference) become more misanthropic, all because society values more practical types.
    I couldn't agree more. It's all relative. If 99% of society had vivid hallucinations then they would be considered normal while the hallucination free 1% would be considered mentally ill.

Definitely quite probable. However, such people can usually be at least placed within some MBTi categorization parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by mippus View Post
    Yes, let's type all chessplayers INTJ's!
    I have a counter-example.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    Definitely quite probable. However, such people can usually be at least placed within some MBTi categorization parameters.
    I tend to believe there is no such thing as insanity, only different sorts of complexities in personality. So everyone can potentially be typed.