User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 63

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    46

    Default The Nietzschean Ubermensch

    "The Ubermensch is characterized by three traits in particular: 1. An antisocial attitude, 2. Inhuman charisma and 3. A plan or desire to make a better world."

    Any guesses?

  2. #2
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DawnBreak View Post
    "The Ubermensch is characterized by three traits in particular:
    It is rather ironic that I, of all people, tend to really fucking hate these stupid Ubermensch threads...



    Quote Originally Posted by DawnBreak View Post
    1. An antisocial attitude
    Not necessarily.

    Quote Originally Posted by DawnBreak View Post
    2. Inhuman charisma
    Not necessarily.

    Quote Originally Posted by DawnBreak View Post
    3. A plan or desire to make a better world."
    Not necessarily.

    OK, this one is trickier...

    No matter how I think around it, even in the case of someone who does not believe the world can be made better or worse, this still seems to kind of be the case.

  3. #3
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Any guesses?
    I relate a lot to 3, but not to the other two. I'm not very charismatic. I can be antisocial if I'm in a bad mood, but I'm generally not.

    The Ubermensch seems to be a person with the combined strengths of an ENFJ and an INTJ, but with none of the weaknesses. I suppose they could also be an insane INFJ who is very disillusioned with society, but still very good with people.

  4. #4
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    I would say INFJ.

  5. #5
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Just as hubris calls up nemesis so the ubermensch calls up the untermensch.

  6. #6
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    The Ubermensch seems to be a person with the combined strengths of an ENFJ and an INTJ, but with none of the weaknesses.
    You know, you're not the first person to say something like this. Where's Skylights and her Dune references?

    To be honest, I feel like the one key ingredient I'd need is a badass dose of Fe...



    I think this might even be Keirsey's interpretation of Obama (he think he's an INTJ).

    Quote Originally Posted by DawnBreak View Post
    I suppose they could also be an insane INFJ who is very disillusioned with society, but still very good with people.
    Umm... like Jesus?

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I would say INFJ.
    If you consider Zarathustra (from the book) the prototype for the Superman, I don't see how you could go with INFJ (at least exclusively)...

    That character had to have been an INTJ (likely 5w4).

    Jesus, however, was likely an INFJ, and, in my opinion, Nietzsche would probably consider him closer to the Ubermensch than almost any other historical figure...
    Last edited by Zarathustra; 01-07-2011 at 02:28 PM.

  7. #7
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    The Übermensch is way outdated ! In the modern world we have the Übergamer:

    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  8. #8
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    That is, quite frankly, one of the most disgusting pictures I've seen in my entire life.

    That is the essence, in my opinion, of what Nietzsche was talking about with the Last Man.


  9. #9
    morose bourgeoisie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    You know, you're not the first person to say something like this. Where's Skylights and her Dune references?

    To be honest, I feel like the one key ingredient I'd need is a badass dose of Fe...



    I think this might even be Keirsey's interpretation of Obama (he think he's an INTJ).



    Umm... like Jesus?



    If you consider Zarathustra (from the book) the prototype for the Superman, I don't see how you could go with INFJ (at least exclusively)...

    That character had to have been an INTJ (likely 5w4). Jesus, however, was likely an INFJ, and, in my opinion, Nietzsche would probably consider him closer to the Ubermensch than almost any other historical figure...
    Again, the poverty of typology rears it's tail for use and abuse in the ego syntonic quest for self-soothing and aggrandizement. Everyone's self-chosen 'type' is necessarily the best, so anyone you like becomes like you.
    I'm going to say that the Ubermensch was a Leo, because, well, it's no less non-sensical than anything i've read here.

  10. #10
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Again, the poverty of typology rears it's tail for use and abuse in the ego syntonic quest for self-soothing and aggrandizement. Everyone's self-chosen 'type' is necessarily the best, so anyone you like becomes like you.
    I'm going to say that the Ubermensch was a Leo, because, well, it's no less non-sensical than anything i've read here.
    Have you ever read the book?

    Please, tell me how Zarathustra could be an extrovert, and how all 16 types are equally likely...

    Then also tell me how Zarathustra was not a certain picture that Nietzsche had of himself...

    Then tell me that Nietzsche was not an INTJ 5w4...

    If anyone is engaging in self-soothing and aggrandizement in this thread, it's you...

    I'm sorry if you've been unable to figure out how to use typology wisely.

    But there's no need to vomit your problem on everybody else.

    I'm guessing you're an INFP...

    :rolleyes2:

Similar Threads

  1. The Banned and The Damned
    By Haight in forum Official Decrees
    Replies: 331
    Last Post: 11-30-2017, 07:12 PM
  2. The Madmin Blog
    By Haight in forum Official Decrees
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 01-19-2013, 05:40 AM
  3. Eileen (to the left)
    By Eileen in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 07:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO