• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Nietzschean Ubermensch

DawnBreak

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
"The Ubermensch is characterized by three traits in particular: 1. An antisocial attitude, 2. Inhuman charisma and 3. A plan or desire to make a better world."

Any guesses?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
"The Ubermensch is characterized by three traits in particular:

It is rather ironic that I, of all people, tend to really fucking hate these stupid Ubermensch threads...

:doh:

1. An antisocial attitude

Not necessarily.

2. Inhuman charisma

Not necessarily.

3. A plan or desire to make a better world."

Not necessarily.

OK, this one is trickier...

No matter how I think around it, even in the case of someone who does not believe the world can be made better or worse, this still seems to kind of be the case.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Any guesses?

I relate a lot to 3, but not to the other two. I'm not very charismatic. I can be antisocial if I'm in a bad mood, but I'm generally not.

The Ubermensch seems to be a person with the combined strengths of an ENFJ and an INTJ, but with none of the weaknesses. I suppose they could also be an insane INFJ who is very disillusioned with society, but still very good with people.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I would say INFJ.

Mole

Permabanned
Just as hubris calls up nemesis so the ubermensch calls up the untermensch.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
The Ubermensch seems to be a person with the combined strengths of an ENFJ and an INTJ, but with none of the weaknesses.

You know, you're not the first person to say something like this. Where's Skylights and her Dune references?

To be honest, I feel like the one key ingredient I'd need is a badass dose of Fe...

:thinking:

I think this might even be Keirsey's interpretation of Obama (he think he's an INTJ).

I suppose they could also be an insane INFJ who is very disillusioned with society, but still very good with people.

Umm... like Jesus?

I would say INFJ.

If you consider Zarathustra (from the book) the prototype for the Superman, I don't see how you could go with INFJ (at least exclusively)...

That character had to have been an INTJ (likely 5w4).

Jesus, however, was likely an INFJ, and, in my opinion, Nietzsche would probably consider him closer to the Ubermensch than almost any other historical figure...

Last edited:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The Ãœbermensch is way outdated ! In the modern world we have the Ãœbergamer:

hardcore-gamer-smoking-pizza-slob.jpg

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
That is, quite frankly, one of the most disgusting pictures I've seen in my entire life.

That is the essence, in my opinion, of what Nietzsche was talking about with the Last Man.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
You know, you're not the first person to say something like this. Where's Skylights and her Dune references?

To be honest, I feel like the one key ingredient I'd need is a badass dose of Fe...

:thinking:

I think this might even be Keirsey's interpretation of Obama (he think he's an INTJ).

Umm... like Jesus?

If you consider Zarathustra (from the book) the prototype for the Superman, I don't see how you could go with INFJ (at least exclusively)...

That character had to have been an INTJ (likely 5w4). Jesus, however, was likely an INFJ, and, in my opinion, Nietzsche would probably consider him closer to the Ubermensch than almost any other historical figure...

Again, the poverty of typology rears it's tail for use and abuse in the ego syntonic quest for self-soothing and aggrandizement. Everyone's self-chosen 'type' is necessarily the best, so anyone you like becomes like you.
I'm going to say that the Ubermensch was a Leo, because, well, it's no less non-sensical than anything i've read here.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Again, the poverty of typology rears it's tail for use and abuse in the ego syntonic quest for self-soothing and aggrandizement. Everyone's self-chosen 'type' is necessarily the best, so anyone you like becomes like you.
I'm going to say that the Ubermensch was a Leo, because, well, it's no less non-sensical than anything i've read here.

Have you ever read the book?

Please, tell me how Zarathustra could be an extrovert, and how all 16 types are equally likely...

Then also tell me how Zarathustra was not a certain picture that Nietzsche had of himself...

Then tell me that Nietzsche was not an INTJ 5w4...

If anyone is engaging in self-soothing and aggrandizement in this thread, it's you...

I'm sorry if you've been unable to figure out how to use typology wisely.

But there's no need to vomit your problem on everybody else.

I'm guessing you're an INFP...

:rolleyes2:

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Have you ever read the book?

Please, tell me how Zarathustra could be an extrovert, and how all 16 types are equally likely...

Then also tell me how Zarathustra was not a certain picture that Nietzsche had of himself...

If anyone is engaging in self-soothing and aggrandizement in this thread, it's you...

I'm sorry if you've been unable to figure out how to use typology wisely.

But there's no need to vomit your problem on everybody else.

I'm guessing you're an INFP...

:rolleyes2:

Typology is no more telling about a person (or in this case, a fictional character) than is astrology. Both systems describe surface features only. Nothing about who a person actually is, what they believe, how they act or should act, whether they are ethical, fair, critical, fearful, bold, believe in justice or eugenics, etc. Nothing at all about the details. Nothing. Only uncritically accepted homilies, and the occasional criticism, to make it appear to be scientific…
Typology is fully open to interpretation because it is completely vague. The human ego needs validation, so chooses to find those it admires as similar to itself, as you did above. That you have decided to use this ‘logic’ to choose my type for me only reinforces my argument that you live in a world of stereotype, which are by definition, interpretations and not based in experience or reason.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Typology is no more telling about a person (or in this case, a fictional character) than is astrology. Both systems describe surface features only. Nothing about who a person actually is, what they believe, how they act or should act, whether they are ethical, fair, critical, fearful, bold, believe in justice or eugenics, etc. Nothing at all about the details. Nothing. Only uncritically accepted homilies, and the occasional criticism, to make it appear to be scientific…
Typology is fully open to interpretation because it is completely vague. The human ego needs validation, so chooses to find those it admires as similar to itself, as you did above. That you have decided to use this ‘logic’ to choose my type for me only reinforces my argument that you live in a world of stereotype, which are by definition, interpretations and not based in experience or reason.

INxP.

Probably INFP male.

And can't figure out his type.

No offense, but your perspective is really not all that intelligent or thought-provoking.

It's extremely simple, and is one consideration of many that goes into my overall view of the value, utility, and soundness of typology.

But keep convincing yourself that it's the paramount perspective, so that every time you visit a typology forum at which you have over 1,400 posts, you can get your little fix of feeling superior to everybody, without really having to say or do anything intelligent at all.

:nice:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Anyway...

Back to the discussion about the Ubermensch.

Preferably among people who actually know their fucking Nietzsche.

sculpting

Innately does having a leading cognitive role of F make one more doubtful of any typological or categorical approach to humanity-given the F functions can gather a huge amount of complex data on another person almost instinctively? Thus anything as simple at a category would seem insufficient and too simplistic to describe what is "seen".

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Innately does having a leading cognitive role of F make one more doubtful of any typological or categorical approach to humanity-given the F functions can gather a huge amount of complex data on another person almost instinctively? Thus anything as simple at a category would seem insufficient and too simplistic to describe what is "seen".

I think that's part of it.

I think you also get the Fi (and even Fe -- especially with INFJs) "snowflake effect" -- i.e., everyone's unique and uncategorizable.

And then, on the negative side, I think Fs tend to have a weaker thinking side, and so their thoughts on the matter can be rather simplistic. Then, based off this simplistic understanding of the theory, they write it off. A more robust thinking side would instead beckon them to build a more advanced model or understanding of the theory.

I'm presuming he's an F, cuz you hear that moral indignation in his voice?

You mentioned something similar with an ENFJ lab director, I believe -- she'd get morally offended by, like, lab measurements, or something.

Easy way to distinguish the INFPs who can't figure out their Ji function: that tone of moral indignation.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
But keep convincing yourself that it's the paramount perspective, so that every time you visit a typology forum at which you have over 1,400 posts, you can get your little fix of feeling superior to everybody, without really having to say or do anything intelligent at all.

:nice:

Look in the mirror and say this over and over.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Look in the mirror and say this over and over.

oooooooooooooooooo....

buuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Should we start up a game of "I'm rubber, you're glue" too?

Why don't you try bringing something insightful to the table, as opposed to hackneyed skepticism about the veracity of typology.

Also, you evaded my earlier questions about Nietzsche and 'Thus Spake Zarathustra'.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
You haven't talked about Nietsche yet. Only typology.

Oh, you're simulatedworld, back from the dead. Protecter of typology and head preist.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
You haven't talked about Nietsche yet. Only typology.

Actually:

That character had to have been an INTJ (likely 5w4).

Jesus, however, was likely an INFJ, and, in my opinion, Nietzsche would probably consider him closer to the Ubermensch than almost any other historical figure...

That is the essence, in my opinion, of what Nietzsche was talking about with the Last Man.

Have you ever read the book? [this question was to you, nebbykoo]

Oh, and Nietzsche is spelled with a "z".

Oh, you're simulatedworld, back from the dead. Protecter of typology and head preist.

No.

I actually take a more nuanced and skeptical perspective on typology than does Sim.

But both of us are able to see someone who doesn't really know what they're talking about, and has a boring, trite perspective on the matter.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

From the three categories given at the beginning I say infj. I wouldn't say 'T' because I think Fe is more associated with charisma.