User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    IxTJ
    Enneagram
    5wB
    Socionics
    IxTj

My thoughts on the Ubermensch are simple: they are similar to a Psychopath, but more apathetic and less antisocial. they don't actively oppose the status quo, but they don't adhere either. Morals are subjective, consequences objective. I think the Ubermensch is INTJ or INTX with elevated Fi, but I can't say for sure. my reasoning is based on the premise that Nietzsche would probably have identified the Ubermensch with himself (the Will to Power can be a very self-serving life-style, also akin to that of a non-violent Psychopath), the Ni is associated with internal creativity, Ti with internal rationality and Fi with personal values over commonly accepted values. my interpretation holds that the Ubermensch would have the following constellation: Ni=Ti (approx) > Ne=Te (approx) > Fi > Fe or Ni=Ti (approx) > Fi > Ne=Te (approx) > Fe. Si and Se are less relevant, but should not be higher than the T or N items. However, I claim no dogma, my arguments are rational, albeit subjective. Kind of a paradox, because Personality metrics are used to quantify a quality, empirical subjectivism. feel free to argue otherwise, I'm more than willing to listen to viable arguments.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I thought the ubermensch was more like the superego personified.?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

ExTP 8w7 Sx/So, of course.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    ExTP 8w7 Sx/So, of course.
    Explain? Why is that type the only one that could be the personification of Ubermensch?

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Explain? Why is that type the only one that could be the personification of Ubermensch?
    Because Ubermensch have a eyebrow movement and speaking like Actor Soandso, who is ExTP 8w7 Sx/So. Thinks as P do too.

Caliban the Untermensch

It's the untermensch that matter. And the untermensch that matters most is Caliban.

Caliban from Shakespeare's Tempest says it like it is -

"You taught me language, and my profit on’t
    Is I know how to curse. The red plague rid you
    For learning me your language!".

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Because Ubermensch have a eyebrow movement and speaking like Actor Soandso, who is ExTP 8w7 Sx/So. Thinks as P do too.
    Of course!

Banned

Here's one that Nietzsche himself identified to be one.

Did he? Neitzsche didn't do much except write books, I thought. It seemed to me that the ubermensch was someone with his mentality, but lived more. Kind of seemed like he was idealizing the last piece of the puzzle that he didn't have -- a lot of Se. I don't agree that ETPs are the ubermensch, but maybe an ESTP (but not all ESTPs or most or even a fraction would qualify..). ENTPs are full of drive, but it's like long range ballistic energy, firing missles in all directions. And they are people with an eye on potentialities. Not reality. NTs in general reach for something new or otherworldly to place back here on earth. This is all anathema to an ubermensch. They are an individual who simply enjoys life as it is. They aren't trying to be visionary or inventive or philosophical about it. The philosophy is a secondary result of them living without preconceptions. I can only think of one ubermensch, and he was fictional. Robert E Howard's Conan.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Any type with fi. Nietzsche was an INTJ, so its obviously skewed in that direction in his writing, but theoretically any type with fi can pull it off. The defining feature of the Ubermensch is self-defined values, as opposed to values defined through other people or society ("the herd"). Thats the definition of fi vs. fe right there. Nietzsche conceived the Ubermensch as an alternative to the fe-obsessed value system of Christianity (Jesus was probably ENFJ), so fi is the salient characteristic. Gabriele d'Annunzio, for instance, was ESFP http://www.economist.com/news/books-...C3%BCbermensch