User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I know I could Google this, but what are "mos italicus" and "mos gallicus"?
    Simply put, ways of interpreting legal texts. The mos italicus adhered to the authority and absolute rightness of the original texts and early commentaries; the mos gallicus viewed the texts as texts, written in certain times by certain human beings, and rather tried to make sense of the corpus of legal texts (corpus iuris civilis) in its entirety. You can guess which came first.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Once a small child came up to me and called me a fucker. I thought it was pretty funny to called names by a 6 year old!
    I'll take the same attitude to your ad hominem attack.
    I engaged with your argument at all levels.

And, once again, I now must point out your hypocrisy (is that an ad hominem, too?): I like how you respond to my supposed ad hominem with one all your own...

Very insightful.

You're right, you said that Zarathustra was INTJ. I missread your post. Still, my conclusion stands.
    As I said before, conviction in opposition to evidence.

Just now, you don't have the benefit of having simply misinterpreted the evidence.

Now you realize that you misinterpreted the evidence, but are still trying to cling to your conviction.

Fi. It's such a funny thing.

It's interesting to me that you have some after me with such venom. Is that type realted too, or simply an admission?
    Well, I could certainly give you a functional explanation as to why.

And it would be quite illuminating and accurate.

But let's just call it an eye for an eye.

Except that, in my case, I have plucked out both of yours (which weren't very good in the first place), and kept both of mine intact.

In fact, everyone who will ever read this conversation will see as much.

To which Athenian200's comments about your behavior stand as an early testament.

Of course, you could also simply offer an apology for misrepresenting another person's (peoples', really...) thought, and thereby hold onto the last shred of your rapidly disintegrating dignity.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Simply put, ways of interpreting legal texts. The mos italicus adhered to the authority and absolute rightness of the original texts and early commentaries; the mos gallicus viewed the texts as texts, written in certain times by certain human beings, and rather tried to make sense of the corpus of legal texts (corpus iuris civilis) in its entirety. You can guess which came first.
    Would I be correct in reading this as similar to the strict constructionism vs. loose constructionism debate over the U.S. Constitution?

(I apologize beforehand if you're not familiar; I'm quite astounded by the level of knowledge the non-Americans here seem to have of U.S. politics [et al], and I'm never quite sure where it ends or begins...)

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Would I be correct in reading this as similar to the strict constructionism vs. loose constructionism debate over the U.S. Constitution?
    Yes, I believe you would.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Those terms would translate from Latin as The Italian way, and the Gallic way, so I knew that those methods of interpreting law came from Italy and Gaul (France) respectively. I just didn't know what they meant.

Many Americans seem to believe that the idea of loose construction and strict construction are an original American debate, and fail even in their terminology to acknowlege how old this debate about interpreting documents actually is.

This could well be an archetypical representation of Te vs. Ti.

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    This could well be an archetypical representation of Te vs. Ti.
    Perhaps it is because I do not believe in function theory that I did not see that before, but you are perfectly right. I do believe, however, that Te is the way of the enlightenment.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Te is the way of the enlightenment ? Wow what's next ? Si is the way of prostitution ?

If you have a glimpse around the forum, is majorly NF people who have a penchant for talking philosophy at all. I do not think that Te is the way of enlightenment
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Te = empiricism = the Enlightenment

At least there you can see a connection, and an understandable one at that.

What the hell would be the connection between Si and prostitution?

Btw, Ti = rationalism = also part of the Enlightenment, albeit more or less in conflict with empiricism

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Te is the way of the enlightenment ? Wow what's next ? Si is the way of prostitution ?
    I cannot believe you said that. Lol. My thoughts exactly!

MBTI
    INTP

An ubermensch would have all the positive aspects of all the traits and none of the negatives.