• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pretty Little Liars

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
I just started watching this show. Any guesses on the characters types?

liYA

I find the characters intriguing they are so different from each other
Hanna xSxP
Spencer xxTJ

how about you any ideas??

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Hanna- xsfp, leaning towards a more reserved E.
Spencer - istj, possibly intj. I agree with you on clearly being xxTJ.
Emily- infp.
Aria- she's the hard one for me. enxx

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hanna: ESFP, I agree about her being a reserved E though.
Emily: ISFJ (in the books. I refuse to watch that monstrosity on TV so I wouldn't know.)
Aria: ENFx? Leaning towards ENFJ.
Spencer: INTJ, I think. I can see her as an S, but that ambition of hers smacks of INTJ.
Ali: xNTJ maybe?
Sean: xSFJ
Ezra: hmm... idk about this one...

iris.moon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
This thread is old but I just watched all the episodes and I'd like to talk about it.
My guesses:
Aria: ENFJ not sure... she's the one I relate less, probably 'cause she's the only one who lacks of Fi
Hanna: ESFP
Emily: INFP
Spencer: INTJ
Ali: ENTJ?

Mona: ESFx?
Lucas: typical INTP nerd?
Sean: easy one... ESFJ
Caleb: ISTP
Ezra: INFP?
Toby: ISFP?? I don't know... but I love his character

I can't tell Jenna's type, maybe she's INTJ too... What about Melissa, Jason and the other thousands of characters? :alttongue:

S

SingSmileShine

Based on the episodes I've seen...

Aria: xNFx
Hanna: ExTP/ExFP
Spencer: INTJ
Emily: INFP

Jonathan

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Okay, I'm ashamed to admit it but I love this show.

And spoilers alert for the season finale btw.

The liars
Hanna - ESFP. She obviously uses loads of Se and Fi.
Spencer - ENTJ. Possibly ESTJ or INTJ.
Emily - ISFJ. The way she tried to discover A's identity last summer by printing all A's texts she received in the past was definetly Si.
Aria - INFP. INFJ could work too, but she seems to use Fi instead of Fe to me.
Alison - ENTP. ENTJ could work too, but I assume an ENTJ would be much more direct in how to boss the group around. Alison wasn't direct, she was all about manipulating the others to make them do what she wanted.

The other students
Caleb - ISTP
Mona - Her persona is definitely ESFJ and Mona as A would probably be ENTJ.
Jenna - INTJ
Toby - ISxP
Lucas - INFP. He seems much more a feeler than a thinker to me. The way he expected Hanna to dump Sean for him just because he was nice and helpful sounds more Fi to me than Ti.
Sean - ESFJ
Noel - ESTP
Kate - Exxx
Alex - ISFP
Mike - IxFx

The parents
Pam - ISTJ
Emily's dad - ESFJ
Ashley - ExTP
Hanna's dad - xxTx
Spencer's dad - ENTJ
Spencer's mom - ESTJ
Ella - ENFJ
Byron - ENTP

The other adults
Ezra - He is too boring and bland to type. I guess some sorts of NF.
Melissa - ESTJ
Ian - ESTP
Wren - ENFJ
Wilden - ENTP
Garett - Ixxx
Jason - ISTP

DreamBeliever

Hanna- ESFP
Aria- ENFP
Spencer- INTJ
Emily- ISFJ
Caleb- ISTP
Ezra- INFP
Alison- ESTP or ENFJ
Mona- ESFJ

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hanna- ESFP
Aria- ENFP
Spencer- INTJ
Emily- ISFJ
Caleb- ISTP
Ezra- INFP
Alison- ESTP or ENFJ
Mona- ESFJ

I agree with these, except I think Spencer could be an ENTJ, and I have no idea what types Aria and Ezra are. Terrible characters. And I think Alison is an ENFJ.

netflixjunkie

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The obvious ones:
Spencer - ENTJ, she's the walking definition of this type. Her need for people to acknowledge her intelligence is indicative of a dominant Te and her precise plan for her future (before this season of course) indicates a strong Ni. People mistake her for an introvert because she's studious, but she enjoys being around others all the time way too much for that to be the case.
Aria - ISFP, I'm surprised no one's noticed this. She's literally the definition of this type. Though she's opened up a lot throughout the series, she's clearly an introvert. She screams dominant Fi because she's not about making the rational decision, she's all about following this inner moral code that she's established. Her secondary Se also shows in how fashion forward she is and her willingness to forgive all of the shitty things that Ezra does (an Si would not overlook the things Ezra has done so easily).

The obvious once you really look:
Hanna - ESFP, I originally had Hanna pegged as an introvert because of how quiet she was in flashbacks, but it became apparent to me that wasn't her natural state. Her dominant Se shows in her strong fashion sense and her awareness of everything going on around her (if you pay attention Hanna is usually the one to point out something strange happening around them). Her secondary Fi becomes obvious the second her moral code is violated. She will often neglect the rational solution to go for the one that suits her personal feelings more.
Allison - ENFJ, this type is known for being super sweet, but Allison is an ENFJ gone wrong. She uses her dominant Fe to read the emotions and motivations of those around her and manipulate them to her desires. Her secondary Ni shows in how she intuitively knows things about her friends without being told and her clear vision of her future. It took me a while to come to this type, but once I did I was like "Duh! It was staring me in the face!"
Toby - ISFJ, his dominant Si is extremely apparent in the first two seasons of the show. He detaches himself from the world and lives in the past (specifically the bad moments like The Jenna Thing and Allison's torment). His secondary Fe can easily be missed, but it's apparent because of how much Toby cares about others' feelings and specifically what they think about him (such as the moment when Toby was walking down the street and everyone ran away from him, pre-exoneration obviously, so he ran into an alley to cry).
Caleb - ISTJ, so obvious and I'm angry at myself for almost missing it. His dominant Si is so apparent. Anybody remember when he got back from Ravenswood? His body was in Rosewood, but his mind was not. He clearly prefers logic over emotions also, but when he gets in an emotional state he usually becomes unreasonable and will always stick firmly to his moral code/personal emotions (leading me to see Te-Fi). His friendship with Toby works because they're so similar.

The not so obvious:
Emily - ISFJ, it was between this and INFP, but I decided on ISFJ because she does not have the traits of a dominant Fi at all. Her dominant Si is apparent in the way she is constantly reliving past memories (like her times with Allison). Her secondary Fe shows in the way that she often becomes the peacemaker among her friends. She also refrains from coming out initially because she's afraid of what people will think of her (something an Fi dominant would never do). She and Toby must have connected and understood each other so quickly because they have the same type.
Mona - ESTJ, I'm confident about this typing, but she could be something else. Mona's definitely an extraverted thinker, as she has no trouble chatting people up and showing off her logical prowess. Her secondary function as Si also makes complete sense as the girl totally lives in the past (I mean she became A because of Allison's torment for goodness' sake).
Ezra - INFP, Ezra strikes me as the person in the group that lives the least in reality. He's obviously an introvert (despite how well he copes with social situations during the day) as he immediately retires to his apartment or some other solitary activity when he's off the job. Ezra clearly is feeling dominant as he rarely makes decisions rationally and opts to make his decisions based on his moral code. I chose Ne-Si because Ezra seems to not really acknowledge reality often. In the early seasons Aria had to be the one to bring him back to reality. I'm actually finding it hard to think of concrete examples because of how much Ezra is in his own world most of the time. This also might be why so many find him to be boring. Since he lives in his own world, he often distracts from the things actually going on in the town.

I don't really care enough about any other characters to type them. I'm pretty confident in my decisions on these character's types.

RosieJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Mona might be INTJ actually if you look at funky mbti fiction page about her

RosieJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Don't you guys think the four liars are kind of an unusual group, topologically speaking? I feel like on the real world, maybe aria and Spencer as ENTJ and INFP might be friends, and possibly Hanna and Emily as ESFP and ISFJ but just ENTJ, ESFP, ISFJ and INFP just seems like they naturally wouldn't be friends/have anything in common to talk about if it wasn't for the A thing to talk about.