• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Boardwalk Empire

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Can I please have one more episode with him naked? Just shirtless is perfectly fine too.

Yes, I agree!!!! I am in love!!!!

I love this show, too. Margaret, too, is gorgeous. I love her clothes.

R

Riva

Nucky Thompson: eNTJ 8w9. Leads with Te, however experiences a considerable amount of struggle with internal values, which he assuages with "taking care of" others materialistically. Nucky's dilemmas are always Te/Fi. Charisma is completely mechanical and often underestimates his action's emotional impacts.

How is he an 8w9? I thought he is 7w8.

Typed according to letters, functions and general impressions without any clear method - because, well, this is typology.

Enoch 'Nucky' Thompson – INTJ

Nucky is a classic extrovert.

R

Riva

In what way?

In almost everyway.

In short he gains his energy through extroversion and the more the crowd the more powerful he becomes.

Yes yes he holds a public office and power does lie in the crowds for them but unlike that of introverted charismatics (like Hitler who created an image of an unquestionable well-you-probably-know-his-image-more-than-I-do) who create images and plays along extrovert charismatics rides the people and Nucky is exactly that.

Nicodemus

I don't see it that way.

Nucky does have an image, a work persona. Only, over time, he has come to inhabit it more and more. Essentially, however, I see him as a very private, withdrawn person.

R

Riva

I don't see it that way.

Nucky does have an image, a work persona. Only, over time, he has come to inhabit it more and more. Essentially, however, I see him as a very private, withdrawn person.

Lets assume that he has indeed inhabited it. Irrespective of his real personality the inhabited persona is a classic extrovert. (ENTJ to be more specific.)

Private and withdrawn doesn't make one an introvert. *Looks at self.*

Also he must be private but he sure isn't withdrawn. Turn those two words around: call him withdrawn yet isn't private and one could argue introvert for him.

Hmm... I remember seeing another thread or discussion about this show where I was first interested in seeing it. Can't find it though.

R

Riva

Now I am just curious about his enneagram type. I thought e7 for sure but I am not much into enneagrams.

I just can't see 8w9 as Jock suggested.

Compare Nucky Thompson (ENTJ 7w8) with Tywin Lannister (ENTJ 8w9) and you'd see a big fucking difference.

JohnENTJ/INTJ

Now I am just curious about his enneagram type. I thought e7 for sure but I am not much into enneagrams. I just can't see 8w9 as Jock suggested. Compare Nucky Thompson (ENTJ 7w8) with Tywin Lannister (ENTJ 8w9) and you'd see a big fucking difference.
Except that Tywin is 100% INTJ and Nucky strattles the line but I'd give it to ENTJ. Clearly has a strong Ni, but is Te Dominant. As an ENTJ I get mistyped always as INTJ, because I like my time alone to think. We are known as the Introverted Extraverts after all.

JohnENTJ/INTJ

Nucky Thompson - ENTJ
Jimmy Darmody - INFP
Margaret Schroeder - ISFJ
Nelson Van Alden INTJ/ISTJ
Eli Thompson - ISTJ
Richard Harrow - INFJ (Not Sure, but seems possible)
Al Capone - ESTP
Arnold Rothstein - INTJ
Albert "Chalky" White - ISTP
Gillian Darmody - ENFJ
Angela Darmody - INFP/ISFP
Charlie "Lucky" Luciano - ESTP/ESTJ
Meyer Lansky - INTJ
The Commodore - ENTJ
Eddie Kessler - ISFJ
Gyp Rossetti - ENTP
Owen Sleator - ENFP
Mickey Doyle - ESFP/ENFP
Dr. Valentine Narcisse - INFJ
Gaston Means - INTP
Agent Warren Knox - ENTP
Esther Randolph - ESTJ
George Remus - INTP
Joe Masseria - ESTJ
Jonny Torio - ISTJ
Leander Whitlock INTJ
Manny Horowitz ISTP
Dunn Purnsley ESTP
Lucy Danzinger ESFP

Last edited:

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nucky Thompson - ENTJ. Strong Te backed up by Ni, almost always having the leverage and likes to take charge openly. Screams inferior Fi though, especially when one considers Eli's revelation about his perception of Margaret, close to the S1 finale.

James Darmody - ISFP. Not INFP. His aux Se gives him a huge on-the-go thing, though his dom Fi is apparent.

Margaret Schroeder - INFP. ISFJ did seem agreeable but ISFJ falls more to the angel in the house criteria rather than rebellious suffragette. My vote is INFP.

Nelson van Alden - Some sort of psychotic ISTJ. He's driven by tradition, a Ni-Dom would see Sebso would die and that would not be good for him. His puritanism... that's some brutal Fi over there. One of the best written characters in the show though, I love watching his psychological conflicts.

Richard Harrow - INTJ? Enneagram 6. In Thinking types, trauma has two usual outcomes. A) Represses feeling. B) Enhances feeling. His longing for a soulmate despite the lifestyle he chooses, for now, seems tert Fi-wishing, similiar to Thompson's, in a fashion. I could be wrong though, he seemed hard to pin down, though both these men have tremendous unconscious pressure from a raging Anima, and are my favourite characters on the show, yet I still think that Richard is the character who is the greatest psychological curiosity on the show, rivaling Van Alden, Nucky and Darmody.

Louis Kastner - Classic, highly "unhealthy" ENTJ, 8w7.

Al Capone
- ESTP. What a trope. I love him.

Last edited: