• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Kanye West

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
facepalm.gif

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, if she was a frail little black girl it would be equally as bad.

If you don't see the difference between a big strong grown man grabbing a mic away from a small teenaged girl and a grown man of equal size...I wonder if he would have been man enough to do that to another man roughly his own size, black or white.

What he did was unacceptable, and it was also stupid. There are smarter ways to make your voice heard.

I think trying to take a VMA award from somebody is unbelievably petty, it's not like he was standing up for repressed starving wage slaves in India.

I'm not even a Taylor Swift fan. I just think he's an immature uncouth ass who needs to do more introspecting about his own behavior instead of blaming other people for his short-comings.

he has a long history of doing things like this at award shows, and he's interrupted men on stage too.. so yeah i'm really failing to see this as a gender issue . nobody cared when it happened before, and the only reason this got so much press is because of the big scary black man picking on the 'frail little white girl' dynamic.

i don't think who gets a vma is important, but he has a point. the awards aren't based on merit and if they're just going to be determined by the record companies, what's the point of giving them out at all? single ladies was by far the most memorable video of that year, and beyonce did deserve to win the award. was it necessary for him to go on stage and say that? no, but i don't see it as some horrible injustice against taylor swift and never will.

he owns up to all his shortcomings. you can hate everything about him, but he's honest about himself and other people and that's why i love him. he didn't blame taylor swift for anything, just called her out on continuing her pity parade bullshit after he publicly apologized multiple times.

and he's done his introspecting. he moved to hawaii for a few months, then came back and made some of the best music of his career. so hate all you want, i think he'll be okay

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, so he's a repeat offending douchebag, okay, good to know.

he actually intimidated me into worshipping him because i am a frail little white girl and he's so big and black and scary :(

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
he actually intimidated me into worshipping him because i am a frail little white girl and he's so big and black and scary :(

This isn't about him being black. If he was chalk white or Latino, I'd have the same opinion.

I'm an equal opportunity hater of immature douchebags that way.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Nobody's hating.

Like you said- and like a lot of people thought- Beyonce deserved that award. But would that drive you to the brink of jumping on stage and saying what he said? No. Even if you had something to drink.

The VMAs aren't important (it's actually a Fe judgement considering that it's a popularity contest) so there was no reason for him to act the way he acted. He wouldn't have pulled that on someone he knew would have walloped on him- regardless of race or sex. He wasn't THAT drunk. Thus the argument that the guy's not good with his Fi. It can't be his dominant, or even his secondary. It's somewhere down the line.

If you think about it, the dude's talented. Based on what I've read about him- he's definitely been through a lot and it appears he's now reached a point where he doesn't have to hide who he is. Thus he acts out. But he ain't STUPID. He knows who to wild on and who not.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nobody's hating.

Like you said- and like a lot of people thought- Beyonce deserved that award. But would that drive you to the brink of jumping on stage and saying what he said? No. Even if you had something to drink.

The VMAs aren't important (it's actually a Fe judgement considering that it's a popularity contest) so there was no reason for him to act the way he acted. He wouldn't have pulled that on someone he knew would have walloped on him- regardless of race or sex. He wasn't THAT drunk. Thus the argument that the guy's not good with his Fi. It can't be his dominant, or even his secondary. It's somewhere down the line.

If you think about it, the dude's talented. Based on what I've read about him- he's definitely been through a lot and it appears he's now reached a point where he doesn't have to hide who he is. Thus he acts out. But he ain't STUPID. He knows who to wild on and who not.

You know, he could have narcissistic Fi.

And I don't actually hate him, when he spoke out against George W in the aftermath of Katrina, I actually thought that was cool. It's just that he apparently doesn't know what is a real cause, and what isn't, which causes me to think immature ENFP. Always gotta have a cause...even if it's something totally ridiculous and inappropriate.

He could be ENTJ though. Inferior Fi and all that.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
You know, he could have narcissistic Fi.

And I don't actually hate him, when he spoke out against George W in the aftermath of Katrina, I actually thought that was cool. It's just that he apparently doesn't know what is a real cause, and what isn't, which causes me to think immature ENFP. Always gotta have a cause...even if it's something totally ridiculous and inappropriate.

He could be ENTJ though. Inferior Fi and all that.

I don't think the guy is immature. He's what- 33? I hope by that time, you got control of yourself. It's not like the world was handed to him on a silver platter. He has paid his dues, and played the game when he needed to. The guy obviously has the ability to operate like a normal human being. It's like nowadays he's exploring a new side of himself, and he has a platform to pull off these antics. So narcissitic is a good word to use toward his Fi operates.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I still think it's emotional immaturity, no matter if a person has matured in other ways.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This isn't about him being black. If he was chalk white or Latino, I'd have the same opinion.

I'm an equal opportunity hater of immature douchebags that way.

you brought race into it (and lost my attention) the second you said "frail little white girl."

anyway, i don't think it's fair to type him based on one thing he did over a year ago. so everyone should watch some pre-tswift interviews!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-ceJCE214s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z18GI2r7_HA

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
Hummm...I'm not seeing any Fe. I am Fe and I am surrounded by Fe people.

As far as the argument that he can't be a T...I totally disagree. My ENTJ friend is known for being explosive when her feelings are hurt or when she strongly disagrees with something. I personally have seen more than one glass go flying when she gets upset. I would say her primary defense when she is upset is to go on the offense. She is far more likely than me to have emotional outbursts.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
you brought race into it (and lost my attention) the second you said "frail little white girl."

Yes, because I imagine that was his perception, since he has been known himself to make race an issue.

E

Epiphany

For someone who likes to attribute racial motivations to other people's actions, he should exercise more discretion in his own behavior. Perhaps, the public would have been more forgiving if he hadn't made himself look like a fool on several other occasions. Beyoncé didn't look too impressed with his display of arrogance and self-entitlement either.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Nah, he is a quintessential ExFJ

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Dominant Te- Grabs the mic and verbally assualts Taylor Swift
Dominant Te- Decides to tell the world that "Bush doesn't care about black people"

Both of these actions are based on Fi based judgements. It's not as if Beyonce winning that award impacts ANYONE's life. Trivial matter. It's definitely an irratic reaction to how he feels about what's happening in front of him. At his age, if he was a dominant Fi, he would definitely have had his feelings under control.

You're right in that those actions are based on Fi judgements, but they surely don't come from Te. It's purely hotheaded Fi.

Real Te: collaborating with Beyonce to make an awesometastic album that will ensure that they BOTH win next year and rake in the dough, leaving his reputation in-tact. Efficiency.

Real Te: Becoming a "spokesman" for politics, using his celebrity status to non-offensively sway impressionable young voters. Non-offensive not because he "cares" what people think of him, but because it's more efficient and effective to lead people by being likeable. Making "Bush doesn't care about black people" comments is stupid, will alienate a lot of people who think otherwise, and completely undermine his credibility.

I vote aux-Fi for his type. ExFP.