User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: Kanye West

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Yes, if she was a frail little black girl it would be equally as bad.

If you don't see the difference between a big strong grown man grabbing a mic away from a small teenaged girl and a grown man of equal size...I wonder if he would have been man enough to do that to another man roughly his own size, black or white.

What he did was unacceptable, and it was also stupid. There are smarter ways to make your voice heard.

I think trying to take a VMA award from somebody is unbelievably petty, it's not like he was standing up for repressed starving wage slaves in India.

I'm not even a Taylor Swift fan. I just think he's an immature uncouth ass who needs to do more introspecting about his own behavior instead of blaming other people for his short-comings.

he has a long history of doing things like this at award shows, and he's interrupted men on stage too.. so yeah i'm really failing to see this as a gender issue . nobody cared when it happened before, and the only reason this got so much press is because of the big scary black man picking on the 'frail little white girl' dynamic.

i don't think who gets a vma is important, but he has a point. the awards aren't based on merit and if they're just going to be determined by the record companies, what's the point of giving them out at all? single ladies was by far the most memorable video of that year, and beyonce did deserve to win the award. was it necessary for him to go on stage and say that? no, but i don't see it as some horrible injustice against taylor swift and never will.

he owns up to all his shortcomings. you can hate everything about him, but he's honest about himself and other people and that's why i love him. he didn't blame taylor swift for anything, just called her out on continuing her pity parade bullshit after he publicly apologized multiple times.

and he's done his introspecting. he moved to hawaii for a few months, then came back and made some of the best music of his career. so hate all you want, i think he'll be okay

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    blind celebrity worship
    Oh, so he's a repeat offending douchebag, okay, good to know.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Oh, so he's a repeat offending douchebag, okay, good to know.

he actually intimidated me into worshipping him because i am a frail little white girl and he's so big and black and scary

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    he actually intimidated me into worshipping him because i am a frail little white girl and he's so big and black and scary
    This isn't about him being black. If he was chalk white or Latino, I'd have the same opinion.

I'm an equal opportunity hater of immature douchebags that way.

MBTI
    INTJ

Nobody's hating.

Like you said- and like a lot of people thought- Beyonce deserved that award. But would that drive you to the brink of jumping on stage and saying what he said? No. Even if you had something to drink.

The VMAs aren't important (it's actually a Fe judgement considering that it's a popularity contest) so there was no reason for him to act the way he acted. He wouldn't have pulled that on someone he knew would have walloped on him- regardless of race or sex. He wasn't THAT drunk. Thus the argument that the guy's not good with his Fi. It can't be his dominant, or even his secondary. It's somewhere down the line.

If you think about it, the dude's talented. Based on what I've read about him- he's definitely been through a lot and it appears he's now reached a point where he doesn't have to hide who he is. Thus he acts out. But he ain't STUPID. He knows who to wild on and who not.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Nobody's hating.

Like you said- and like a lot of people thought- Beyonce deserved that award. But would that drive you to the brink of jumping on stage and saying what he said? No. Even if you had something to drink.

The VMAs aren't important (it's actually a Fe judgement considering that it's a popularity contest) so there was no reason for him to act the way he acted. He wouldn't have pulled that on someone he knew would have walloped on him- regardless of race or sex. He wasn't THAT drunk. Thus the argument that the guy's not good with his Fi. It can't be his dominant, or even his secondary. It's somewhere down the line.

If you think about it, the dude's talented. Based on what I've read about him- he's definitely been through a lot and it appears he's now reached a point where he doesn't have to hide who he is. Thus he acts out. But he ain't STUPID. He knows who to wild on and who not.
    You know, he could have narcissistic Fi.

And I don't actually hate him, when he spoke out against George W in the aftermath of Katrina, I actually thought that was cool. It's just that he apparently doesn't know what is a real cause, and what isn't, which causes me to think immature ENFP. Always gotta have a cause...even if it's something totally ridiculous and inappropriate.

He could be ENTJ though. Inferior Fi and all that.

MBTI
    INTJ

You know, he could have narcissistic Fi.

And I don't actually hate him, when he spoke out against George W in the aftermath of Katrina, I actually thought that was cool. It's just that he apparently doesn't know what is a real cause, and what isn't, which causes me to think immature ENFP. Always gotta have a cause...even if it's something totally ridiculous and inappropriate.

He could be ENTJ though. Inferior Fi and all that.
    I don't think the guy is immature. He's what- 33? I hope by that time, you got control of yourself. It's not like the world was handed to him on a silver platter. He has paid his dues, and played the game when he needed to. The guy obviously has the ability to operate like a normal human being. It's like nowadays he's exploring a new side of himself, and he has a platform to pull off these antics. So narcissitic is a good word to use toward his Fi operates.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I still think it's emotional immaturity, no matter if a person has matured in other ways.

I can't stand the guy.