User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: Kanye West

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    gimme examples of him using Te, because i don't see it at all

Dominant Te- Grabs the mic and verbally assualts Taylor Swift
    Dominant Te- Decides to tell the world that "Bush doesn't care about black people"

Both of these actions are based on Fi based judgements. It's not as if Beyonce winning that award impacts ANYONE's life. Trivial matter. It's definitely an irratic reaction to how he feels about what's happening in front of him. At his age, if he was a dominant Fi, he would definitely have had his feelings under control.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Dominant Te- Grabs the mic and verbally assualts 'Taylor Swift'
    Dominant Te- Decides to tell the world that "Bush doesn't care about black people"

Both of these actions are based on Fi based judgements. It's not as if Beyonce winning that award impacts ANYONE's life. Trivial matter. It's definitely an irratic reaction to how he feels about what's happening in front of him. At his age, if he was a dominant Fi, he would definitely have had his feelings under control.
    well i think grabbing the mic was more dominant henny than anything

i don't see how being impulsive+opinionated is Te.. and the whole reason he acts like a dick at award shows is that he, for whatever reason, places a lot of value on them. and keep in mind that not only was he drunk at the vma's, but in the past year his mother died and he split up with his fiance that he'd been with for over 5 years, so he wasn't in a good place.

It's interesting that you mention race. There wasn't much public discussion about whether or not race played a factor in his willingness to take the microphone away from someone on stage and essentially say, "You don't deserve this award." And I'm not claiming that race was a factor. Only Kanye knows his own intentions. But what would have been the outcome if a white man went on stage, took the microphone from a black woman and said that a white girl deserves the award over her?

As far as people who are defending his actions because they don't like Taylor Swift and they do like Kanye West, you should be more objective about this. What he did was unacceptable.
    i'm not even going to get into the reverse racism accusations, because i have a lot of opinions about it that are off topic and i don't want to get into it. but i'm not going to feel bad for taylor swift, what he did wasn't nice but i don't think it was awful either. she's won tons of awards, this wasn't an important or significant moment for her. while taking the mic from her was rude, he didn't say anything insulting towards her. and she got so much publicity/sympathy for practically nothing. the VMA's are meant to be watched for entertainment, and he created the most entertaining moment of the night (the rest of it was super boring) so good for him.

MBTI
    INTJ

well i think grabbing the mic was more dominant henny than anything

i don't see how being impulsive+opinionated is Te.. and the whole reason he acts like a dick at award shows is that he, for whatever reason, places a lot of value on them. and keep in mind that not only was he drunk at the vma's, but in the past year his mother died and he split up with his fiance that he'd been with for over 5 years, so he wasn't in a good place.
    My point exactly- weak Fi.

Alcohol + repressed feelings = bad external assessments (grabbing a mic and saying what he said).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Is that weak Fi or weak Fe? Like, wouldn't it actually be Fe telling you "hey buddy you don't take a mic away from a young girl during an awards ceremony" no matter how he felt?

It seems like a huge social gaffe.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Is that weak Fi or weak Fe? Like, wouldn't it actually be Fe telling you "hey buddy you don't take a mic away from a young girl during an awards ceremony" no matter how he felt?

It seems like a huge social gaffe.

Yes, Healthy Fe would say that grabbing the mic isn't the best thing to do in this situation. Weak Fi is letting your assessment of the sitution move you to an action point. Whether that action he is demonstrating is weak Fe or Strong Te It's obvious he's not good with his Fi.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    My point exactly- weak Fi.

Alcohol + repressed feelings = bad external assessments (grabbing a mic and saying what he said).
    my Fi's very strong and i can totally see myself doing something like that if i was drunk and famous. and i don't think that one moment defines his personality either. i still don't see any Te in him at all, or any reason to think he's a T. yeah of course T's have emotions, but i really really can't see an ENTJ being that emotionally expressive all the time. he's not objective or logical.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

For God's sake, it was more than a year ago and after all, it's not like he stole that award, broke it into little pieces and stabbed the broad! Now this is what I call a perfect example of mass hysteria.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

i don't think he ever expected her to defend him, i think he was trying to call her out for playing the sympathy card for so long. honestly, him interrupting her on stage was the best thing that's happened to her career. she should be thanking him. not really, but the backlash over the vma's was so stupid. people were acting like he went up on stage, punched her in the face and raped her grandmother. did he have to do that, no. but he was just drunk and speaking the truth. and shit, it wasn't even a grammy.
    I don't see it that way at all. I think he's a P.O.S. and his actions were overbearing and sexist ... it doesn't matter if he wasn't violent, the point is that he saw a frail little white girl and knew he could easily overpower her to stand on his drunken soap box, and now doesn't want to take responsibility for it, by calling her out he's shifting the blame like many men of his kind do...and I've noticed that men like that often do hit women. I'm not saying that he does, but I really don't see any excuse for his behavior.

The proper response is "I was a drunk ass and I'm sorry."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I don't see it that way at all. I think he's a P.O.S. and his actions were overbearing and sexist ... it doesn't matter if he wasn't violent, the point is that he saw a frail little white girl and knew he could easily overpower her to stand on his drunken soap box, and now doesn't want to take responsibility for it, by calling her out he's shifting the blame like many men of his kind do...and I've noticed that men like that often do hit women. I'm not saying that he does, but I really don't see any excuse for his behavior.

The proper response is "I was a drunk ass and I'm sorry."
    how the hell was it sexist?? if anything, thinking that it's unacceptable to do what he did because she's a 'young girl' is sexist. she's an adult who chose to be in the public eye. i really don't understand how you can connect taking someone's mic at the vma's to hitting women. and like i said, chris brown did hit a woman and has a hit song out right now. and omg i'm dead @ "frail little white girl." you did not just say that lol. if she was a frail little black girl would it have been as bad? or a frail little white boy? or a big white girl?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

how the hell was it sexist?? if anything, thinking that it's unacceptable to do what he did because she's a 'young girl' is sexist. she's an adult who chose to be in the public eye. i really don't understand how you can connect taking someone's mic at the vma's to hitting women. and like i said, chris brown did hit a woman and has a hit song out right now. and omg i'm dead @ "frail little white girl." you did not just say that lol. if she was a frail little black girl would it have been as bad? or a frail little white boy? or a big white girl?
    Yes, if she was a frail little black girl it would be equally as bad.

If you don't see the difference between a big strong grown man grabbing a mic away from a small teenaged girl and a grown man of equal size...I wonder if he would have been man enough to do that to another man roughly his own size, black or white.

What he did was unacceptable, and it was also stupid. There are smarter ways to make your voice heard.

I think trying to take a VMA award from somebody is unbelievably petty, it's not like he was standing up for repressed starving wage slaves in India.

I'm not even a Taylor Swift fan. I just think he's an immature uncouth ass who needs to do more introspecting about his own behavior instead of blaming other people for his short-comings.