• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Forest Gump!

R

ReflecTcelfeR

It's Forrest, I believe. Misspelling!

First of all can you type him? If so, what would you type him.

I'm feeling an ISxJ vibe. He seems to always do what he remembers best, and if something doesn't match what he remembers he'll try to 'fix' it, which gets him in trouble with Jenny. Feel free to type all characters within the movie as well!

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I always saw Forest as ISFP but I don't think ISxJ is impossible.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Hmmmm, leading with Fi. I see it. Why ISFP exactly?

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think he is ISFJ, maybe ESFJ. I think alot of his behaviour is very Fe driven, like joining the military, extremely loyal to his friends(lieutenant dan). I don't get a spontaneous, fun-loving, free-spirited Se vibe from him at all, that was WAY more of Jenny(ISFP).

R

ReflecTcelfeR

He did seem to try and please all of his friends. Seems Fe to me. Jenny most definitly an ISFP. Forrest was always her rock, even when she didn't want him to be. Fi... I see it maybe when he is defending her, when she is part of the military rebellion group.

KDude

It's funny that Jenny pisses me off, yet I typed as ISFP once. :thinking: I agree that Forrest is ISFJ.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I think this might be a tie to T-ness. She seemed so illogical, or irresponsible.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Jenny was just a young girl. Probably an FP.

I actually relate to her character...except for that whole thing about being a single mother and catching HIV.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

That's a good distinction to make, hahaha. I just always felt bad for Forrest. He loved her, but she decided he wasn't for her... I hope I'm not projecting too much. :blush:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
He was borderline mentally retarded. Do you really expect a woman of average intelligence to just accept that?

I don't know. It all seemed pretty clear to me.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

He was always devoted. He was rich (didn't have to pay taxes), famous, he ran across the U.S., and supportive (when she wasn't being self-destructive). Tom Hanks is pretty attractive too. Innocent. Yeah, he was mentally retarted, but that allowed him to be extreme in all of these qualities. It just depends on how far intelligence is up on the list.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
He was always devoted. He was rich (didn't have to pay taxes), famous, he ran across the U.S., and supportive (when she wasn't being self-destructive). Tom Hanks is pretty attractive too. Innocent. Yeah, he was mentally retarted, but that allowed him to be extreme in all of these qualities. It just depends on how far intelligence is up on the list.

Yeah I wouldn't be happy with someone borderline retarded,I don't care how devoted and rich he was. Maybe Jenny was ENFP.

KDude

She could have stopped playing with his head then. I mean, she slept with him, didn't she? She obviously didn't have that much objection to his problems. She could make him feel like they were close friends, and at the same time, would leave on a dime with some guy who was beating her. Or get on his ass for only defending her against those marines, and then happily flying off away the next minute with some random guy in a truck, not to be seen again for years or whatever. Forrest may have been borderline retarded, but she was far more thickheaded about who her friends were.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
She could have stopped playing with his head then. I mean, she slept with him, didn't she? She obviously didn't have that much objection to his problems. She could make him feel like they were close friends, and at the same time, would leave on a dime with some guy who was beating her. Or get on his ass for only defending her against those marines, and then happily flying off away the next minute with some random guy in a truck, not to be seen again for years or whatever. Forrest may have been borderline retarded, but she was far more thickheaded about who her friends were.

She also came from an abusive family. I think she was more confused than actually fucking with his head.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
"Life Is like a Box of Chocolates... You Never Know What You're Gonna Get!"

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
My sister calls me Bubba. :blush:

Well... when we were little she used to...